Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Publin wrote: »
    Cheers mate, thought I was going mad for a while!! You could well be right on the money theme. Think in the video the guy was in a suit (or at least well dressed) and the was a kind of black clothes, gold-ish/tan background to a lot of it (NOTE: Could be imagining things!).

Think I have it... was it "Enjoy Yourself"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQOgDwUyB9I

by A+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭Publin

razorblunt wrote: »
    Think I have it... was it "Enjoy Yourself"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQOgDwUyB9I

by A+

LEGEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

That has been wrecking my head for weeks. No one I knew had a clue what I was on about.

That was some great detective work given the atrocious information I gave to work with!

Much thanks again, I had all but given up hope of finding out the name of that tune. Nice one! :cool:

Rap music isn't really my scene, but that was a class tune :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭LCDeelite

What's the song from that sh*te 'Eurotrip' movie? Vinnie Jones and Michelle Trachtenberg ('Buffy The Vampire Slayer's' little sister), are in it.

The two dopey, sex-mad dudes go n2 a London pub called 'Fiesty Goat' when they have the misfortune to come across Jones and some other aggressive football yobbos. Jones roars at one of the Yankie losers to "SING!!!!", having just told him to sing the Manchester United anthem (but dude doesn't have the foggiest and hesitates).

Under the imminent duress of very likely getting his head kicked in, the dark-haired American €€JIT suddenly sings:

"My baby takes the morning train. He works from 9 to 5 and then, he takes another home again.."

Does anyone know who sings that song? :confused: I'm guessing it's some female American singer(s)?

I looked up the track listing for that movie's soundtrack, but this particular song isn't on it. I know for sure that it isn't because I downloaded each song (before I cancelled the download 'mid-download'), to hear if it was one of them. Well, it wasn't.. :rolleyes:

Someone's assistance would be welcome! Cheers in advance. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Publin wrote: »
    LEGEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

That has been wrecking my head for weeks. No one I knew had a clue what I was on about.

That was some great detective work given the atrocious information I gave to work with!

Much thanks again, I had all but given up hope of finding out the name of that tune. Nice one! :cool:

Rap music isn't really my scene, but that was a class tune :P

No worries lad it was the violins and the bit about the background that clinhed it I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 rm1991

Swish15 wrote: »
    Trying to find a song. Only information i have is from the video. Its a blonde girl singing, she is working as a waitress In like a frat house party, And at the end she decides she doesnt want to work there and in the end some lad takes her and she gets up and sings for the party??

Stephanie MacIntosh "Mistake"..?!

Sorry if someone has already replied

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 theprizelamb

Hi All

Was watching Entourage last night and heard a really cool piece of music for the ending credits.

I'm not sure if the characters were talking about The Doors when it finished but they were the first band that jumped into my head when I heard it. There wereno vocals in the piece (from what I can recall) it was just a guitar solo that really flowed and seemed quite retro. I dont actually know much by The Doors but know that they were more associated with keyboards solos (stand to be corected) which suggests it mightn't of been The Doors at all.

Any answers would be appreciated as I would like to hear the song again in full!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,142 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Hi All

Was watching Entourage last night and heard a really cool piece of music for the ending credits.

The official site has episode guides with music credits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Swish15

rm1991 wrote: »
    Stephanie MacIntosh "Mistake"..?!

Sorry if someone has already replied

:) Biggest sigh of relief, thank god, you dont even want to know how long iv been looking for that song. Forever in debt

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭homerjk

Does anyone know the song in the background for the new prison break ad on Sky One?

Funningly enough its a prison sounding song, bluesy with a load of lads singing "oohh whhoa ohh whooa ah oh", not that anyone could possibly decipher that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

homerjk wrote: »
    Does anyone know the song in the background for the new prison break ad on Sky One?

Funningly enough its a prison sounding song, bluesy with a load of lads singing "oohh whhoa ohh whooa ah oh", not that anyone could possibly decipher that.

I think it's Elbow - Grounds for Divorce.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL4mywCOJXA

I think it's Elbow - Grounds for Divorce.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL4mywCOJXA

Gigga ding, gigga dong, thats the one. Give that lady a prize!

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭misty76

Hello there, i first heard this song on the radio around year and a half ago and recently again, i always only seem to catch this line, the first sight of the sunrise? ive tried to find it with no luck. its a girl singing and its a slow song.. if anyone could tell me who it is if they know would appreciate it...:D

Hi, just wondering does anyone know the song which goes 1234 then something about alligator, maybe catch the alligator.. ive heard it few times on utv advertising different shows but never seem to catch any more of the words, have searched the net too.. its a man singing and quite a heavy drum beat in the back ground a fast upbeat song.. if anyone has any ideas would be grateful, thanks :):eek:

misty76 wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering does anyone know the song which goes 1234 then something about alligator, maybe catch the alligator.. ive heard it few times on utv advertising different shows but never seem to catch any more of the words, have searched the net too.. its a man singing and quite a heavy drum beat in the back ground a fast upbeat song.. if anyone has any ideas would be grateful, thanks :):eek:

Not sure of the ad or your attempt at the lyrics(!), but it sounds like Feist...

Hello there, i first heard this song on the radio around year and a half ago and recently again, i always only seem to catch this line, the first sight of the sunrise? ive tried to find it with no luck. its a girl singing and its a slow song.. if anyone could tell me who it is if they know would appreciate it...:D

Sounds like Juliet Turner - Everything beautiful is burning.
    You can check it on her myspace its in the list underneath her main playlist box.

Sounds like Juliet Turner - Everything beautiful is burning.
    You can check it on her myspace its in the list underneath her main playlist box.

Hi homerjrk, thats great yeah thats that song alright, the line goes waiting for the first sight of the sunlight.. so was little out on it. its a good song im surprised it only went to radio.. Thanks again,had been looking for it on and off for a while.. :o:D

Not sure of the ad or your attempt at the lyrics(!), but it sounds like Feist...

Hi there, sorry about my attempts at the lyrics but there all i ever caught of it.. Its not the song by Feist unfortunatley...

Its a guy singing and its an upbeat song.. Hopefully someone might have an idea over the next while..

"1234 ???? alligator" i dont know what comes after the 1234 bit as its so fast and the next word i heard was alligator. The few times i have seen it it was on utv promoting a show that was going to be on later that night or maybe on a v.t on a programme.. Thanks for the reply all the same:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Johnny Blue

Whats the main song from the movie "The Van" with colm meany? i think its eric clapton im not sure but i wanna know the name of the song i cant seem to find it anywere

thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,142 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Whats the main song from the movie "The Van" with colm meany? i think its eric clapton im not sure but i wanna know the name of the song i cant seem to find it anywere

thanks
    Here's what IMDB list as the music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

This has been bugging me for ages. Antony & the Johnsons, 'Spirling'. Antony adlibs a word or phrase over and over into the fadeout and I just can't make it out. Any ideas?

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭jonevin

its a dance tune
    woman i cant live without you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Johnny Blue

spurious wrote: »
    Here's what IMDB list as the music.
    no iv already checked that list, none of those songs are it, there all stupid songs. if anyone can figure it out even if you have the movie put it to the end and and listen to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Hi there, sorry about my attempts at the lyrics but there all i ever caught of it.. Its not the song by Feist unfortunatley...

Its a guy singing and its an upbeat song.. Hopefully someone might have an idea over the next while..

"1234 ???? alligator" i dont know what comes after the 1234 bit as its so fast and the next word i heard was alligator. The few times i have seen it it was on utv promoting a show that was going to be on later that night or maybe on a v.t on a programme.. Thanks for the reply all the same:o

Sounds to me like "Hotel Yorba" with elevator being what you thought was alligator :P

I hope !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

The two opening themes to the BBC Olympic Coverage?

One sounds modern classical, that they play just after Michael Johnson says "Previously at the Olympics" in 24 style.

The other is a Chinese style theme to the cartoon opening.

EDIT - this is the Chinese one

gustavo wrote: »
    Sounds to me like "Hotel Yorba" with elevator being what you thought was alligator :P

I hope !

GUSTAVO YOUR A LEGEND!!.... :cool: Thanks a million, silly me hearing alligator lol...

Great thread, well done to all the contributers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭curly.bert

REALLY need help with this one because its wreckin me head:

Acoustic, almost whispering lyrics, chorus goes something like

"Stockholm, my kind of town"

Its based on stockholm anyway...cant find it anywhere on lyrics search or anything

The song is called Stockholm by Waterford artist Neil White. www.myspace.com/neilwhitemusic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

Hey, there is an add on Sky one at the moment for prison break. It says something like "They took the woman he loved" or something, and there is a rock song on. I cant think of any of the lyrics, they are just playing the chorus which is basically "Whoaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"....

I'm looking to find out the name of this track as I was in a club last night and heard a dance version of it which was amazing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

Advertisement