Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

See below

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

What is the song in the RT?2 trailer for the season finale of "This is Us"?

One Day I'll Fly Away by Randy Crawford

Couldn't edit earlier post and saw the ad again and realised

• Registered Users Posts: 12,469 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

damn this is a hard one from somewhere in the early 2000's I think it was used in an advert possibly credit card and something about the UK apprentice or similar sticks in my mind, the lady singing between chorus sounds a bit like Elizabeth Fraser and the chorus is like a choir singing
    probably no hope of finding it until I hear it again and soundhound it.
    Actually has a similar sound to the current music used in the Sky Sports advert at the moment.
    Not much to go on I know but worth asking

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Rmgblue

Ok so this was a song I had on a home made cd from a lovely ex of mine. It was a young girl and some of the lyrics are 'I still remember every single thing you said'. Iv tired everything to find it. All I'm short of doing is singing it into Shazam

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Rmgblue wrote: »
    Ok so this was a song I had on a home made cd from a lovely ex of mine. It was a young girl and some of the lyrics are 'I still remember every single thing you said'. Iv tired everything to find it. All I'm short of doing is singing it into Shazam

How long ago was this? Could it be one of Lene Marlin's songs?

New Home wrote: »
    How long ago was this? Could it be one of Lene Marlin's songs?

It's 10 years ago but could be more...
    more lyrics... How can I be down and glad at the same time.. something it's too late you took away your life line

• Registered Users Posts: 15,249 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Heard a very uptempo Irish trad music song last night played by a band, It had no lyrics in it but there could be.
    Very fast and has a sudden break in music followed by a 'woohoooo' then back into uptempo Irish music again. 
    Think it could be 80's / 90's band that released it maybe. I have a feeling it's more band-y than traditional-y if that makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,469 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

damn this is a hard one from somewhere in the early 2000's I think it was used in an advert possibly credit card and something about the UK apprentice or similar sticks in my mind, the lady singing between chorus sounds a bit like Elizabeth Fraser and the chorus is like a choir singing
    probably no hope of finding it until I hear it again and soundhound it.
    Actually has a similar sound to the current music used in the Sky Sports advert at the moment.
    Not much to go on I know but worth asking

Found it Spotify stuck it into my Discover weekly playlist it's called Les Fleur by 4Hero from 2001 and featured in the zero gravity Bailey's TV ad
    I can sleep peacefully now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

Found it Spotify stuck it into my Discover weekly playlist it's called Les Fleur by 4Hero from 2001 and featured in the zero gravity Bailey's TV ad
    I can sleep peacefully now :D

I have this on one of my Spotify playlists because I heard it on a friends and it's been annoying me a bit that I knew it was on an ad but I couldn't remember what for. So thanks for linking the ad :) It's a cover of a Minnie Ripperton song.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭j1979p

Hey all, I have a tune in my head from a Chinese restaurant I was at recently and I'd love to know the name of it. It is a well known tune possibly from a film. Here is the link to a midi I created of the start of it:

https://onlinesequencer.net/518704

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

j1979p wrote: »
    Hey all, I have a tune in my head from a Chinese restaurant I was at recently and I'd love to know the name of it. It is a well known tune possibly from a film. Here is the link to a midi I created of the start of it:

Sounds like Richard Clayderman - Ballade Pour Adeline

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

j1979p wrote: »

Ballade pour Adeline.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCCan3TFPoc

*edit ooh snap.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Rmgblue wrote: »

Could it be The Jets 'The Same love'?
    Not exactly the same lyrics but the same idea.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Does anyone know the song at the beginning of this video? It sounds very Duran Duran.

I realise this is very late, but it's 'The Optimist' by Barrie Gledden.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭j1979p

Kolido wrote: »
    Sounds like Richard Clayderman - Ballade Pour Adeline

Thanks Kolido (and Spurious).

That's the one!

spurious wrote: »
    Could it be The Jets 'The Same love'?
    Not exactly the same lyrics but the same idea.

No :( I don't think il ever find it. I don't know why but I remember something about them being a family and possibly dieing in a car crash? Now I could have totally made that up too

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭CapriSunFun

Does anyone know the name of the song in the new Vodafone advert? Sounds like Metronomy but I can't find anything online

https://youtu.be/vw2_P-N_fd4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭jeanjolie

Has anyone seen the new ad for Renault in Ireland? The music sounds very nice (electronic). I don't believe it's an instrumental there are vocals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

jeanjolie wrote: »
    Has anyone seen the new ad for Renault in Ireland? The music sounds very nice (electronic). I don't believe it's an instrumental there are vocals.
    Could it be "silver lining" by first aid kit? (I don't watch a lot of tv, so that could have been the last ad)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Righto. A Cork 3 piece (2males, female singer). Video was about giving a cat a viking burial in gougane barra. Had it bookmarked but lost it. Maybe 4-5 years old. Band may be Toy Soldier but can't find any yt videos, despite seeing it there before.
    Please and thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Righto. A Cork 3 piece (2males, female singer). Video was about giving a cat a viking burial in gougane barra. Had it bookmarked but lost it. Maybe 4-5 years old. Band may be Toy Soldier but can't find any yt videos, despite seeing it there before.
    Please and thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 15 GaniyuTLG

Recommendations From Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

GaniyuTLG wrote: »
    Recommendations From Ireland?

Check the hip hop forum

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=408

Check the hip hop forum

tHANKS A MILLI

hahaha you cant be serious? Are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

GaniyuTLG wrote: »
    hahaha you cant be serious? Are you?

Yes course why?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭osullc10

I heard a song in a restaurant the other day. The only lyric I caught was "so let me think twice" (repeated many times in the song). I can't remember what the song was like, but it sounded recent (last 12-24 months maybe - could be wrong), and I think it was kind of pop/electronic/hip-hop style. Sorry for the vagueness. Anyone got an idea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭jeanjolie

Anyone seen this new AIB ad? The music is really nice but unfortunately the comment section on YouTube is blocked and thus, no discussion on the song.

• Advertisement

Much Love :cool:

Advertisement