Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

Does anyone know what the song on the current advert for the latest episode of "Striking Out" on rte is? Shazam doesn't know it, and I can't find a video of the advert online...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭political analyst

What is the tune on the TV3 2018 rugby promo? It can be watched on the following page.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/six-nations/watch-ronan-ogara-and-shane-horgan-star-in-tv3s-six-nations-promo-36482935.html

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭malcolmplex

Kashmir by Led Zeppelin

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭welchy

Looking for the name of the musical piece that was in the first episode of the young offenders from tonight. http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6e41jv starts at 17:18

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭murria

Peter and the Wolf by Prokofiev.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Ok so this is a tricky one, be grateful if anyone could possibly know what piece of music this is.........so Anytime I go to the Omniplex in rathmines, before the trailers theres a piece of music playing. Its instrumental and is Brian Eno-esque. I find myself humming this after the movie. I mailed omniplex about it, but got no reply. So in the remote chance that someone out there know what this is, please put me out of my misery.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

Can anyone please help before I go out of my mind. I'm looking for the name of a tune that was used in a Guinness as (I think) but Google has been no help. I don't have much to go on it is a choir with a female lead vocal - I think in French, anyone?!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Anyone able to help me. I keep catching a song on the radio but only the last minute of it and the DJ never says what song it was at the finish.

I only have two partially heard lyrics from I presume the ending chorus

Male vocalist. He kinda hums/chants a few bars and then says the line "waiting for the sky to fall" and then he hums again and says another line "waiting for the night/guy to come/call home"

Song is at least a couple of years old as I've been missing it for quite a while.

Those lyrics above are likely not correct as I've done quite a bit of reverse googling. Also, they are chanted just as the song itself is fading out so there's minimal music around the lyrics to be able to give ye more clues.

Possible red herring :: singer sounds scouse/Mancunian based on my misheard lyrics

Good luck ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

This is probably completly wrong but going by those lyrics, is it "Waiting for a star to fall"?

An older song, pretty catchy, male vocals. Fits the bill.

This is probably completly wrong but going by those lyrics, is it "Waiting for a star to fall"?

An older song, pretty catchy, male vocals. Fits the bill.

If you mean from boy meets girl then no, definitely not.

But thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,770 ✭✭✭Apogee

Can anyone help identify the music used in RTE's 'Deep Atlantic'?

https://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/irelands-deep-atlantic-30005220/10868665/

From 51:02 onwards.

There is mention of Johann Johannsson in the credits, but it doesn't seem to be from either 'Arrivals' or 'Theory of Everything' soundtracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Tried shazam a few times and soundhound but no luck, although one time shazam returned this:

https://www.traxsource.com/track/4771194/ushuaia-dj-shy-pres-outerspace-rework

but I don't think it's correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,770 ✭✭✭Apogee

Yes, tried both Shazam and Soundhound but no luck either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Anyone know the song at the end of the World Cup highlights on RTE tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭political analyst

What is the song in the Aldi Ireland challenge ads featuring the Gallagher family? Here's one of the ads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=_SpQVGKEk-g

• Registered Users Posts: 71,669 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

What is the song in the Aldi Ireland challenge ads featuring the Gallagher family? Here's one of the ads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=_SpQVGKEk-g

‘Going Up The Country’ by Canned Heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Rmgblue

Anyone know whose singing the song on the new Virginia media ad?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 fat

OK, haven't been able to find this anywhere. I'm pretty sure it's on a Supervalu insurance ad on the radio. Sounds a bit indie, bit pop.

Chorus (I think) lyrics are something like this:

"Change change change,

I wouldn't have it any other way"

• Registered Users Posts: 71,669 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

fat wrote: »
    OK, haven't been able to find this anywhere. I'm pretty sure it's on a Supervalu insurance ad on the radio. Sounds a bit indie, bit pop.

Chorus (I think) lyrics are something like this:

"Change change change,

I wouldn't have it any other way"

• Registered Users Posts: 9 fat

HERO!!! Has been bugging me for months... Nice one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Rikand wrote: »
    Anyone able to help me. I keep catching a song on the radio but only the last minute of it and the DJ never says what song it was at the finish.

I only have two partially heard lyrics from I presume the ending chorus

Male vocalist. He kinda hums/chants a few bars and then says the line "waiting for the sky to fall" and then he hums again and says another line "waiting for the night/guy to come/call home"

Song is at least a couple of years old as I've been missing it for quite a while.

Those lyrics above are likely not correct as I've done quite a bit of reverse googling. Also, they are chanted just as the song itself is fading out so there's minimal music around the lyrics to be able to give ye more clues.

Possible red herring :: singer sounds scouse/Mancunian based on my misheard lyrics

Good luck ;)

On first instinct I thought To the Moon and Back by Savage Garden but I could be well off the mark!

What kind of tempo is it? Genre? Which radio station was it on? Any more specifics would help greatly. Tks

On first instinct I thought To the Moon and Back by Savage Garden but I could be well off the mark!

What kind of tempo is it? Genre? Which radio station was it on? Any more specifics would help greatly. Tks

Nice thought, but no.

Tempo wise its quite slow, much slower than that. Think, John Lennon, #9 dream as a tempo and the bridge part, where he'd sing the "feel" part, but more down tempo - that kind of a vibe to it.

Genre has to be like an indie folk very slow rock type vibe. Like I cant be sure because I only ever catch the end of it. The song itself could actually be completely different to the ending, but i have no way of being sure because ive never heard the beginning.

Each time i've heard it has been on 2fm.

Theres no drums on the outro and very little audible music. Its almost like an accapella ending to the song.

I have very little else in the way of information that I can think of

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Song on 2XM a few minutes ago. Between Haim's "Want You Back" and a rap song. Was a male singer, probably a band, releated lyrics were "we go round like Jupiter's moons" .

I Googled it and it gave me an Echosmith song but it's not the right one. I'm looking at the 2XM playlist online but it's not listing any of the songs that were on in the last half hour.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Theres a Kayak ad on at the minute with a girl going to Thailand, anyone know what the "Desperate to run" song is in it?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Thargor wrote: »
    Theres a Kayak ad on at the minute with a girl going to Thailand, anyone know what the "Desperate to run" song is in it?

I don't know what it is but it sounds very like Pink's last song.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Hello,

I am hoping someone here can put me out of my misery! I'm not being lazy, I have spent a lot of last night and a few hours this morning trying to track down this song... I have went through numerous UK top 40s going back to mark on soundcloud, done the shazam top 100s, googled best songs of 2018 and have drawn a blank.

Here is all the info I have...

At work in the ware house they have on Nova, so that's where I was hearing it, and it was on at least once a day, if not more. It's very up beat and melodic, and I think it is a good song. So much so that I just assumed it was a number one, or top ten type song, thus me going through the charts.

As for the song itself, I can't even remember a single lyric :( but the only way I can describe it is it seems to be two people, a young man and woman "talking/having a conversation" with each other? But singing, if that makes sense? Maybe it was a hit last year?

That's not much to go on, but it had to be a hit at sometime?

I think "she" is the first person singing and then he kicks in with his reply, as such. And there is a bang on "Londoners" of their accents.

Apologies for the lack of info, but here hoping!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Hello,

I am hoping someone here can put me out of my misery! I'm not being lazy, I have spent a lot of last night and a few hours this morning trying to track down this song... I have went through numerous UK top 40s going back to mark on soundcloud, done the shazam top 100s, googled best songs of 2018 and have drawn a blank.

At work in the ware house they have on Nova, so that's where I was hearing it, and it was on at least once a day, if not more. It's very up beat and melodic, and I think it is a good song. So much so that I just assumed it was a number one, or top ten type song, thus me going through the charts.

As for the song itself, I can't even remember a single lyric :( but the only way I can describe it is it seems to be two people, a young man and woman "talking/having a conversation" with each other? But singing, if that makes sense? Maybe it was a hit last year?

I think "she" is the first person singing and then he kicks in with his reply, as such. And there is a bang on "Londoners" of their accents.

Do you know what day and roughly what time you heard it?

https://www.nova.ie/listen-back-favourite-shows

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭NCS

Hello,

One conversational possibility?:

Rudimental - These Days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

I found it, and I was way off the mark, sorry!

Feels!

Advertisement