Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,646 ✭✭✭storker

Heard one this morning on Today FM. It sounds post 90's, female vocalist, funky and a bit stompy, lots of what sounds like trumpet...a bit like Da da da-da da...da-da-da-da (OK I realise that's probably no help at all). I heard it back-announced and then promptly forgot the names again. Any help appreciated. I can't remember any lyrics from it, it was the sound that hooked me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

storker wrote: »
    Heard one this morning on Today FM. It sounds post 90's, female vocalist, funky and a bit stompy, lots of what sounds like trumpet...a bit like Da da da-da da...da-da-da-da (OK I realise that's probably no help at all). I heard it back-announced and then promptly forgot the names again. Any help appreciated. I can't remember any lyrics from it, it was the sound that hooked me.

If you know what time you heard it at, you could listen back here: https://www.todayfm.com/Shows

• Registered Users Posts: 5,646 ✭✭✭storker

reap-a-rat wrote: »
    If you know what time you heard it at, you could listen back here: https://www.todayfm.com/Shows

Brilliant, thanks. Here it is...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

Back in the 90's No Disco played a Neil Hannon track repeatedly.Think the video far as I remember was set on a beach? And featured Neil himself looking moody.
    Any ideas what it might be.Obviously this track would be from his first couple albums before he made it huge.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Advertisement

No,think it was somewhat earlier and without seeing the orginal footage (B&W) I wont know it by song alone ..found this one on my search which is closer but not it ..

Was not into him at all at the time,sticks out in the memory cos he looked like such not ur typical indie or alternative artist of that time,least none I was into.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Crossposting my own post from here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057724043
    Amalgam wrote: »
    Can someone help with identifying the 'music' in an ad for mental health issues, it shows a woman floating, returning to the ground slowly.. in an everyday kitchen. The ad currently (March/April 2017) runs on RTE 1.

The audio is just a bar or two of poignant piano. I'm convinced it is from a Film, an odd one at that, 'Let The Right One In' (original version)

Anyone care to put me on the right track, it is driving me to distraction!

I know, I know it..

---

Apologies for the single thread, I can't seem to find a, 'help with ad/music' specific thread. Might be an idea to have a dedicated, what's that audio thread..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

this one is wrecking my head

wasn't there a song in the 80s about the CIA#''..."if i was the CIA i wouldn't anyone get in my way" or something along those lines

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭droidman123

fryup wrote: »
    this one is wrecking my head

wasn't there a song in the 80s about the CIA#''..."if i was the CIA i wouldn't anyone get in my way" or something along those lines
    Band-light a big fire.....song-C.I.A ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Anyone know if this piece of music was sampled in a dance tune in the last 15/20 years? It sounds really similar.

The part I'm referring to starts around the 1min mark.

• Advertisement

Kolido wrote: »
    Anyone know if this piece of music was sampled in a dance tune in the last 15/20 years? It sounds really similar.

The part I'm referring to starts around the 1min mark.

Thats from the movie merry christmas mr lawerence,maybe thats where you heard it?

Thats from the movie merry christmas mr lawerence,maybe thats where you heard it?

Thanks for reply. I don't recall seeing that movie, but it is deffiniately a song I heard this piece in, I'm pretty sure a dance tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,792 ✭✭✭✭cormie

cormie wrote: »

Thats the one, cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

What's the piano music from the new FBD ad. I think it's ludovico einaudi, but not sure which one!

Whats the song/artist used in the trailer for ordinary lies on RTE2?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

OmegaRed wrote: »
    What's the piano music from the new FBD ad. I think it's ludovico einaudi, b6ut not sure which one!

Have you a link for the ad or even a description of it

Have you a link for the ad or even a description of it

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭JaffaP

That's Yann Tiersen, was used in the movie Amelie.

JaffaP wrote: »

That's Yann Tiersen, was used in the movie Amelie.

Awesome, Thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭jeanjolie

Don't know if anyone will find this but there was a piece of music I first heard on an advert in 2011 showing either mobile phone exchange/advertising new mobile network service etc.

I then definitely heard it again on an An Post advert in 2015/16.

Might anyone have an idea what this is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

jeanjolie wrote: »
    Don't know if anyone will find this but there was a piece of music I first heard on an advert in 2011 showing either mobile phone exchange/advertising new mobile network service etc.

I then definitely heard it again on an An Post advert in 2015/16.

Might anyone have an idea what this is?

Is it "A Message to You Rudy" by the Specials by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭jeanjolie

reap-a-rat wrote: »
    Is it "A Message to You Rudy" by the Specials by any chance?

No unfortunately...It was an instrumental that sounded a lot like this. (The advert below is NEITHER the song nor the advert, just very similar to the one I heard).

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

I saw this video in my snap chat "news" feed. The song playing in the video is deadly, does anyone know what it is? Now for anyone with a sensitive nature, it's two US musical stars twerking in bikini s on their holidays

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4549156/Vanessa-Hudgens-Ashley-Tisdale-s-bikini-twerk-thon.html#v-8643902846652626865

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4549156/Vanessa-Hudgens-Ashley-Tisdale-s-bikini-twerk-thon.html#v-8643902846652626865

oxygen wrote: »
    I saw this video in my snap chat "news" feed. The song playing in the video is deadly, does anyone know what it is? Now for anyone with a sensitive nature, it's two US musical stars twerking in bikini s on their holidays

Apparently it's a song called boy boy boy,joris voom remix

Apparently it's a song called boy boy boy,joris voom remix

This thread, :eek: in no way did way did I think anyone would get that, thanks....

oxygen wrote: »
    This thread, :eek: in no way did way did I think anyone would get that, thanks....

Well to be honest thats not my type of music at all,i wouldnt have a clue who it was only for soundhound

Well to be honest thats not my type of music at all,i wouldnt have a clue who it was only for soundhound

Ah ok, I couldn't figure out how to use shazam and snap chat at the one time, hah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

The outro music to this vid anyone? Tried shazam and no luck. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭political analyst

What is the song in the RT?2 trailer for the season finale of "This is Us"?

Advertisement