Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 shylad

Does anyone know the name of the song in the current Irish Sky half price sale ad? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Has anyone any idea what the song is on the current SuperValu ad?

Thanks in advance.

It's ok found it. Kid Runner - don't change me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Not long enough to Shazam it, does anyone have any idea of the song at 5:50 here please:)

https://youtu.be/exMTWMm-31M?t=5m49s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

It's a bit like Brown Girl in the Ring by Honey M but couldn't be any way certain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gfds

Can anyone ID the music in Grammarly's Write The Future advert?
    youtube video ID is uLFiZfvL_L8 (i am not allowed to post URLs apparently)

• Advertisement

It's a bit like Brown Girl in the Ring by Honey M but couldn't be any way certain.

Definitely similar, but I don't think it's it, unless it's a remix of it?
    gfds wrote: »
    Can anyone ID the music in Grammarly's Write The Future advert?
    youtube video ID is uLFiZfvL_L8 (i am not allowed to post URLs apparently)

I tried Shazam it but no luck. Maybe it was made just for the ad?

However, it reminded me a lot of this:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

A song just popped into my head that I'm pretty sure exists. And that I haven't heard in 10 or more years. I'm fairly sure it was an Irish band, Pony Club maybe. Anyway these are the lyrics I can remember:

Come see me tonight and spend all your wages
    It's Saturday night I haven't seen you in ages

<can't remember what goes here>

I'm still alone.

Not sure why this came back into my head but the heart is a lonely hunter so hellllp please.

Edit. Found it. Mistake by Bawl from the Year Zero album which is over 20 years old. I think they became Pony Club. The actual lyric is 'Please see me tonight.....' that was why I couldn't find it.

https://youtu.be/9tNQQinbZm8?t=723

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Anybody know the piece of music used in the National Gallery of Ireland Ad that's appearing on TV?

Much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Found it! It's Without Walls by Colm Mac Con Iomaire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

Any one know the name of the track on this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95PYehb9Gq4

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I only listened to the beginning, but it seems to be a remix of Vivaldi's "Winter" from "The Four Seasons", but I wouldn't know whose version it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭patrickbrophy18

Right, so a song popped into my head and it was released in the mid to late 90s. It was in Irish and sounded a lot like "Tubthumping" by "Chumbawamba" or at least our answer to it.

I distinctly remember it having the following lyrics:

"a haon a dó, a haon dó a trí"

Anyone, know or remember the song I am on about?

Before anyone says it, it wasn't "Aon Focal Eile"!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Something by B*witched?

For some reason it put a song into my head, which I don't know what it is or if it even exists, but the lyrics are something like "when I grow up I want to be like my son Muhammad Ali"... I may have made these up as my own interpretation :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

cormie wrote: »
    For some reason it put a song into my head, which I don't know what it is or if it even exists, but the lyrics are something like "when I grow up I want to be like my son Muhammad Ali"... I may have made these up as my own interpretation :pac:

Shot in the dark, "I can" - Nas.. First thing to pop into my head when reading the lyrics you posted.. They're not in the song but could have just been the way I read it..

The JCB song? "I'm Luke, I'm five and my Dad's Bruce Lee, he drives me around in his JCB."

Haha, neither of them, it's a lot rougher, I think it's kinda in the tune similar to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpqE_BehuvI

maybe I just made the song up in my head years ago and thought it existed somewhere, can't be sure!

Also now I think of it, there's another song that has "jack and jill went up the hill to fetch a pail of water" in it and there's a part that goes "deisht deisht le caiiilaaaa" or something, it sounds kinda early 90's dance/hardcore :confused:

Hello,

I was at Little Green Cars at the Grand Social last night and there was music on the background before they came on stage. *setting the scene in case anyone with a good memory reading this was also there*
    I quite liked one song that was playing but unfortunately it was not loud enough for Shazam to pick up.

I couldn't pick up any lyrics but I do remember the following:
    *both a male and a female vocalist
    *lyrics in both English and French
    *vocals that are kind of half-singing half-talking style
    *a simple and repetitive, but prominent, bassline

And no, it's not Je T'aime, moi non Plus! :pac: Nor is it anything by Arcade Fire.

Anyone have any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,723 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Hello,

I was at Little Green Cars at the Grand Social last night and there was music on the background before they came on stage. *setting the scene in case anyone with a good memory reading this was also there*
    I quite liked one song that was playing but unfortunately it was not loud enough for Shazam to pick up.

And no, it's not Je T'aime, moi non Plus! :pac: Nor is it anything by Arcade Fire.

This? (NSFW!)

This? (NSFW!)
    Not it, unfortunately.
    But thanks anyway.

• Advertisement

Not it, unfortunately.
    But thanks anyway.

Charlotte Gainsbourg released a new album last month, could it be one of these?

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

Hello,

This:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Hello,

An obvious one perhaps, no female singer but anyway will post it in case - Talking Heads - Psycho Killer?

Hello,

?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 meljackson

It's a Beautiful World by Noel Gallagher and The High Flying Birds.
    It has male/female voices and English and French.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Can anyone tell me the name of the song playing in this Modball Rally video? Please, I turned youtube upside down looking for it but I can't find it!

https://www.facebook.com/modballrally/videos/10155064427501799/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

job seeker wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me the name of the song playing in this Modball Rally video? Please, I turned youtube upside down looking for it but I can't find it!

https://www.facebook.com/modballrally/videos/10155064427501799/

Quick google of the lyrics says it Dizzy Rascal and Calvin Harris - Hype

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Kolido wrote: »
    Quick google of the lyrics says it Dizzy Rascal and Calvin Harris - Hype

Oh...

I was searching 'High' instead of 'Hype' :pac:

Thanks very much and Happy new year! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,450 ✭✭✭political analyst

What is the tune featured in this NFU Mutual ad?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prDdR9BW1SQ

• Advertisement

What is the tune featured in this NFU Mutual ad?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prDdR9BW1SQ

‘Shout To The Top’ by The Style Council.

Advertisement