Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72,219 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Looking for help identifying a song, all I remember is that it came out in the late 90s maybe 97/98, very poppy, the video had a bunch of native Indians all dressed up in their native attire dancing outside in a big open green area surrounded by mountains as far as i remember, very upbeat and cheesy Brit poppy kind of thing, help greatly appreciated.

'Send Me On My Way' by Rusted Root?

https://youtu.be/IGMabBGydC0

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Easca Peasca

Co-workers listen to Spin SW at work and this gets played regularly. Upbeat tune, obviously released fairly recently.

Lyrics from the chorus:
    If you could, if you could, if you could I know you would.
    It was you bringing me back to the light, it was you blowing the smoke from my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 meljackson

Please can anyone help with the song title or the singer. I think the following lyrics are at the beginning of the song. Thanks.

“The thought of you makes me feel so good inside knowing that our love is gonna last....
    When I think of you a feeling comes to me that nothing will go wrong ... that's never gonna leave... and forever to you I belong. I've had my share of broken hearts and a wealth of broken dreams these are memories of my past.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭sid waddell

Does anybody know the name of the track RTE have been using on their ad for their coverage of this weekend's two Euro 2016 quarter-finals between Germany and Italy and France and Iceland?

Sort of a modern traditional Irish track with uileann pipes featuring heavily.

I found the answer by:

1 making a sound file on Sound Cloud
    2 posting their link in the Facebook group 'Anyone Know' where Denise rolls knew the song
    3 then listening to it song on Spotify!

The Answer: Share of Broken Dreams by Ruby Winter.

Although I didn't get the answer here it was my first port of call after the lyrics sites as this is also a great site for info :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

This is a long shot, but I heard a song on the radio but didn't catch the name of the song or band. I know this much, it's a 90's or 00's R&B group (it was that sort of a show) with all female singers. It was a very slow song and the lyrics had below ( I think, memories not great on this bit)

"If you want to you just say it" or
    "If you want to just ask"

Sorry, very little to go on, it's been wrecking my head 😒

Thank you for your reply but a genius called Denise Rolls from the 'Anyone Know' in a Facebook group knew it: -

Share of Broken Dreams by Ruby Winters

I can listen to the entire song now *sob*
    A combo of publishing it on Sound Cloud, then the 'Anyone Know' Facebook group, and finding it on Spotify did the neat trick. /3xFfLpCrIsLYpUXLoXmG8S

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

This is a long shot, but I heard a song on the radio but didn't catch the name of the song or band. I know this much, it's a 90's or 00's R&B group (it was that sort of a show) with all female singers. It was a very slow song and the lyrics had below ( I think, memories not great on this bit)

Sorry, very little to go on, it's been wrecking my head

Was it the honeyz, end of the line?

Kolido wrote: »
    Was it the honeyz, end of the line?

Thanks for the suggestion, the words are there and it fits the criteria, that's not the song though :( this song sounded a bit more similar to "Red light special" etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 72,219 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Sorry, very little to go on, it's been wrecking my head

'If You Love Me' by Brownstone?

• Advertisement

'If You Love Me' by Brownstone?

Thanks Welsh, that's not it either..m maybe I shouldn't have posted this one, I have so little details to go on... I might have to resign this one to the ether :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

What's the name of the song which plays at the 8:10 mark? Cheers :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Noveight wrote: »
    What's the name of the song which plays at the 8:10 mark? Cheers :)

Think it's Theme from Harry's Game by Clannad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Think it's Theme from Harry's Game by Clannad.

Spot on, thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭4davis7

Anybody know the name of the new Irish dance song?

Some girl basically talking but shes singing about growing up in Dublin , It has the background music on Prayer in c - Robin Schulz , cant remember much lyrics at all but i remember a part of is says "and then he asked me to dance".

There was also something about before wifi and swans on the canal.

I know its not much to go on but it was on the radio twice and I cant find it anywhere online!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,403 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

4davis7 wrote: »
    Anybody know the name of the new Irish dance song?

Some girl basically talking but shes singing about growing up in Dublin , It has the background music on Prayer in c - Robin Schulz , cant remember much lyrics at all but i remember a part of is says "and then he asked me to dance".

There was also something about before wifi and swans on the canal.

I know its not much to go on but it was on the radio twice and I cant find it anywhere online!

Is it this by any chance? Although this song is about a woman growing up in Kilfineora in Clare, not Dublin, it does have the line of being asked to dance.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭4davis7

FitzShane wrote: »
    Is it this by any chance? Although this song is about a woman growing up in Kilfineora in Clare, not Dublin, it does have the line of being asked to dance.

Thanks for the reply but unfortunately that's not the one, I came across that song while looking for the other one.

Maybe its not properly out yet, might just need to give it some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

I've a vague description of a song I heard on the radio.

It's a pretty fast tempo classic rock song. There was maybe a minutes intro, then there was a drum solo that led in to the bassline, a very well known one!

The name may have been "Get Up" or "Step Up", anyone have any ideas?

Is it Get Up by REM?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 MurmanskRun

A joint failure of (a) me not opening Soundhound quickly enough and (b) being slow witted to not remember lyrics.

The only thing I remember is "freckles on her face" and it sounded remarkably like Passenger/Mike Rosenberg. In any event, it was lovely. Google has failed me, so any help muchly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 DeeBE

A joint failure of (a) me not opening Soundhound quickly enough and (b) being slow witted to not remember lyrics.

The only thing I remember is "freckles on her face" and it sounded remarkably like Passenger/Mike Rosenberg. In any event, it was lovely. Google has failed me, so any help muchly appreciated.

Did you listen to The Cab - Her love is my religion ? Lyrics include ''Cos I see the stars in the freckles on her face''

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 MurmanskRun

DeeBE wrote: »
    Did you listen to The Cab - Her love is my religion ? Lyrics include ''Cos I see the stars in the freckles on her face''

Thanks for the suggestion, DeeBE, but that's not it unfortunately. I'll have to lurk unobtrusively in my local shop, hoping it's on some sort of repeating playlist.

Somewhat related, I was in Caffrey's in Batterstown sometime in mid January this year and they were still playing their Christmas playlist. Jokingly questioning one of the bar-staff, it transpired that their music was "piped-in" over the interwebs and they had no control over it. Despite several phonecalls, she said, they were stuck with Christmas 2015.

For all I know, the boys of the NYPD choir are still singing 'Galway Bay' in August in the Royal Country. Not that that's a bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Hi guys
    I am driven demented trying to find out what the music is for the Virgin media advert where theres a house party - i can find the English version with Chakka Khan but cant find any info about the ad over there

cheers

Redpunto wrote: »
    Hi guys
    I am driven demented trying to find out what the music is for the Virgin media advert where theres a house party - i can find the English version with Chakka Khan but cant find any info about the ad over there

cheers

This?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 rachelmcg

Im a bit late in the day for this, but I'm watching the Love/Hate boxset, and looking for a song from Season 5 Episode 1.

Its where theyre all in the club, Siobhan is dancing and the new guy Pauly is watching her. She goes to the bar and asks for a pint of water.

Its a dance/trance tune. Ive shazamed 3 times and it either wont find it or gives me different results which arent the song.

Ive googled the rte playlist and its totally different from whats on the boxset. Ive tried everything!

^ I'm sure that one was asked at the time it aired, if you search the thread for Love Hate it might pop up.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 rachelmcg

^ I'm sure that one was asked at the time it aired, if you search the thread for Love Hate it might pop up.

Thanks for the tip but I can't find any mention of it in this thread or the whole forum.. the search continues

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Thats it - THANKS A MILLION :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Daft Tommy

rachelmcg wrote: »
    Im a bit late in the day for this, but I'm watching the Love/Hate boxset, and looking for a song from Season 5 Episode 1.

Its where theyre all in the club, Siobhan is dancing and the new guy Pauly is watching her. She goes to the bar and asks for a pint of water.

Its a dance/trance tune. Ive shazamed 3 times and it either wont find it or gives me different results which arent the song.

Ive googled the rte playlist and its totally different from whats on the boxset. Ive tried everything!

Only ever watched one episode of love hate but I remember hearing this song in a club scene might be it lol
    GotSome - Bassline

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Devrozex

Does anyone know what the song is in the Liberty Insurance ad?

Sounds like it might be by Grimes but not sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

It's a long shot but...

It's an 80s tune by someone like The Cure or Depeche Mode and he says something like Alone Again or In Love Again and there's a very catchy synth sound like "do do de de di de do do, do di di diiii do".

I know it's vague but everyone knows this song...

Edit: I found it but am interested to see if anyone can decipher that description anyway 😊

Advertisement