Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭stopyourshoppin

the one that is in french and the girl is dancing (really badly)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Dont know if this has been asked before but does anyone know what the song is that 2fm are using on thier tv and radio ads?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,802 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Dont know if this has been asked before but does anyone know what the song is that 2fm are using on thier tv and radio ads?
    Yes.. it's Vega4 - 'You & Me'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

basquille wrote:
    Yes.. it's Vega4 - 'You & Me'
    Cheers,i think ill make that a welcome addition to my ipod! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Dudess wrote:

Anyone know what tune is used for the fantastically weird, David Lynch-esque PS3 ad? It's kinda Turkish and mostly instrumental, apart from a bunch of guys shouting "hey hey hey!" every so often. Truly class. http://www.thisisliving.ie/
    Nino Rota - 'Amarcord'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

anybody know the song on the new AIB ad about the SSIA accounts? I really want to download it but because of the voiceover on the ad, cant search for any lyrics. As far as I know, some one says 'When you smiiiiiiiiiiiiii-iiiile' in it, but I cant be too sure. Any help appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

spurious wrote:
    Nino Rota - 'Amarcord'

Ooh excellent! My mum has a couple of Nino Rota CDs - will go digging when I'm home at the weekend. Thanks a mil, spurious! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Theres an ad on radio for festivals in Ireland and at end of ad a song cuts in and features lyrics "all these highs and lows, Im living for". Anyone know the artist/song titles?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

Theres an ad on radio for festivals in Ireland and at end of ad a song cuts in and features lyrics "all these highs and lows, Im living for". Anyone know the artist/song titles?
    Cheers

is it form the discoverireland.com ad????if so there called angles of mons

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=25658122

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Baps

Does anybody know the theme tune that they use on The Premiership. If you haven't heard it before you can download it by clicking the link below.
    Thanks.
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/jh1l7i

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

'Bloke' by Republica.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

the one that is in french and the girl is dancing (really badly)

Yes Sir I can boogie by Baccara (sp?) ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Baps

spurious wrote:
    'Bloke' by Republica.

I thought that it was that song as well because it has the lyrics "gonna take you on" repeated. But it's not, republica have a woman singing and The Premiership is a mans voice. The song is different too. Thanks for trying though, Anyone else have any ideas?
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/jh1l7i

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

No, it's a sixties-ish, Jane Birkin kinda thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

is it form the discoverireland.com ad????if so there called angles of mons

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=25658122

Thats the one. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭JimmyO

Does anyone know what track is used in the Heineken Green Energy ad?

It's the one where the girl is wlaking down the street and she stops and starts with the car that's in traffic so she can hear the music.

Also just as an aside does anyone recognise what street that is?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

Does anyone know the song from the new Road Safety ad? Thanks.

It was written specially for it.
    I don't think it's from any CD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

spurious wrote:
    It was written specially for it.
    I don't think it's from any CD.

Oh ok, thanks spurious.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Anybody know the music that was used all week on the AA Roadwatch bit on the breakfast show on today fm??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Im trying to find out the name of a song I heard on a radio station there last week in the early hours of the morning.. all I can remember was the following words, and repeated most of what was said a lot. It was a strange song, but wanted to find out about it:-

Some lyrics;
    "Did I mention the car wash?"

I know its very vague, ill see if I can remember anymore. Any help, appreciated.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

"say i want ya, say i need ya" all i can remember now been looking for the song for ages and just found this thread. As far as i know its an english band and the songs been featured in a couple of tv shows. Only other way i can describe it is it was a kind of hardish brit rock song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭stopyourshoppin

thanks but that's not it. it's just gentle guitar music not dancey.
    don't suppose anyone knows the music from the 'love your heart' Flora ad?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

My housemate's looking for a song.

It has the phrase "Beauty Queen" in the chorus

and its sung by a guy

and its played in the gym she works at every day (Jackie Skellys).

her workmate thinks its by rod stewert (might be a cover?)

*not alot to go on but she's been looking for it for the last 2 days.*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

dulpit wrote:
    Anybody know the music that was used all week on the AA Roadwatch bit on the breakfast show on today fm??

You'll get it on 'Mark Ronson - Version'

It's his redo of Coldplay - God Put A Smile Upon Your Face.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭mickrourke

Hi,
    just looking for a little help on the name of a song...
    It was a dance song in the 90's and had

"Wop Bam Boogie"
    something else (I can't remember and then "Boogaloo

Thanks for any help

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭foxy_19-89

can anyone ID the second song in this video, i know the first one, just dying to know the name of the second,that starts at 1 min 28 secs, cheers!

http://bebo.com/FlashBox.jsp?FlashViewType=Personal&FlashBoxId=3705861266&MemberId=20753290

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Chillwithcian

Can someone ID the Crime Scene Investigation tune?

I think its by 'the who', but im not sure....:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,802 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Which CSI?

Each show in the CSI franchise takes its tune from a song by The Who, "Who Are You" for the original, "Won't Get Fooled Again" for CSI Miami, and "Baba O'Riley" (or more commonly known as "Teenage Wasteland") for CSI-NY.

Advertisement