Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Kolodny wrote:
    You sure you're not thinking of 'Let Go' by Frou Frou? That was definitely in Garden State. The film came out a good while before her solo album.
    Apologies.. you're correct!

'Hide And Seek' was on the soundtrack to 'The Last Kiss' - Zach Braff's most recent film which i saw recently.

Both soundtracks to 'Garden State' and 'The Last Kiss' are stupendous however!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

He's an Imogen fan then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭Archeron

Anyone know who sings that song from the new Irish road safety ad which features the lyrics "cant take my eys off you"?

Thanks.

(didnt spot this thread til now. :o )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Archeron wrote:
    Anyone know who sings that song from the new Irish road safety ad which features the lyrics "cant take my eys off you"?

Thanks.

(didnt spot this thread til now. :o )
    Afaik it was made especially for the ad...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

the suzuki swift ad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

aidan24326 wrote:
    the suzuki swift ad?
    Fatboy Slim - The Rockafeller Skank?

EDIT: No, that's the old one!!

Are you thinking of the one where it's sort of slow, and sounds a bit like Bowie and sings something like "Time is on the wall" but I don't think that's it, and...yea....I've been wondering what song that is for ages!

basquille wrote:
    Apologies.. you're correct!

'Hide And Seek' was on the soundtrack to 'The Last Kiss' - Zach Braff's most recent film which i saw recently.

Both soundtracks to 'Garden State' and 'The Last Kiss' are stupendous however!
    It was also on The O.C.
    I swear, I was just flicking past..../leaves to play with homemade ryan and seth dolls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭colin300

Anyone know the name of this its the one with all the cartoon DJ's?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

That went something like this....

"The boys watch the girls, watch the boys watch the girls, as the girls go by..."

Was out a short while ago a year or two maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

kleefarr wrote:
    That went something like this....

"The boys watch the girls, watch the boys watch the girls, as the girls go by..."

Was out a short while ago a year or two maybe.
    Andy Williams - "Music To Watch Girls By"

• Advertisement

basquille wrote:
    Andy Williams - "Music To Watch Girls By"

Excellent basquille. Many thanks!

(Andy Williams... um... must have been a re-release? :rolleyes: )

Archeron wrote:

Thanks.

I noticed an Andy Williams track that was called "Can't take my eyes off you" while I was looking for the "Music to watch girls go by" track.

Don't suppose it's that one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭valerie

Anyone know anything about the piano piece playing towards the end of the rugby documentary "Reaching for glory" on Monday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Thanks.

I think it was just made for the ad. I was looking for it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭kryan1

3 songs i'm loooking for, the new bulmers light advert, the discover ireland advert it goes like "all these hights and lows", and the song to the lucozade advert with the ppl in the forest dressed as teddy bears....
    thanks
    kevin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭An Gaiscíoch

k folks just found this thread and it is unreal! Myself and my mates had this conversation years and years ago and seeing this sticky reminded me of it. Cant even remember how the song goes. Was used by BBC on Match of the Day 10 years ago I'd say when they were showing the Goal of the month contenders . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

kryan1 wrote:
    3 songs i'm loooking for, the new bulmers light advert, the discover ireland advert it goes like "all these hights and lows", and the song to the lucozade advert with the ppl in the forest dressed as teddy bears....
    thanks
    kevin
    The Bulmer's one is a Fatboy Slim track I think but I don't know the name of it.
    k folks just found this thread and it is unreal! Myself and my mates had this conversation years and years ago and seeing this sticky reminded me of it. Cant even remember how the song goes. Was used by BBC on Match of the Day 10 years ago I'd say when they were showing the Goal of the month contenders . . .
    The Life Of Reilly by The Lightning Seeds

BaZmO* wrote:
    The Bulmer's one is a Fatboy Slim track I think but I don't know the name of it.
    thats for bulmers original thats fatboy slim - the journey, but i am looking for bulmers lite?
    cheers for the reply tho

kryan1 wrote:
    lucozade advert with the ppl in the forest dressed as teddy bears....

"Safe In Mind" - UNKLE ft. Josh Homme

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭An Gaiscíoch

The Life Of Reilly by The Lightning Seeds[/QUOTE]

Wasnt there another song ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

Wasnt there another song ?

It's a bit of a read but this might help you out.....

All you ever wanted to know about songs used on MOTD but were too afraid to ask

*Warning* The above link may not hold the answer you're looking for, but at least I tried! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

em does anyone know the song of the vodafone ads?

it goes"come in to my world ive got show show show you!.....I dream of orca whales and i............"

thats all i know of it .its a girl singing it if thta any use.

xxx

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,156 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

em does anyone know the song of the vodafone ads?

it goes"come in to my world ive got show show show you!.....I dream of orca whales and i............"

thats all i know of it .its a girl singing it if thta any use.

xxx
    Regina Spektor - 'Hotel Song'

kryan1 wrote:
    thanks
    kevin
    Any one have any idea of the Bulmers light ad and the discover ireland ad? cheers

Bulmers Lite ad song is 'A Minha Menina' by the amazing and recently reformed Os Mutantes. :D

kryan1 wrote:
    Any one have any idea of the Bulmers light ad and the discover ireland ad? cheers

The Discover Ireland song is 'Highs and Lows' by Angels of Mons. This band are no more, but 1 or 2 of them are now in The Laundry Shop, who have rerecorded and released this song.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Bulmers Lite ad song is 'A Minha Menina' by the amazing and recently reformed Os Mutantes. :D
    Is that song not by The Bees?

The Discover Ireland song is 'Highs and Lows' by Angels of Mons. This band are no more, but 1 or 2 of them are now in The Laundry Shop, who have rerecorded and released this song.

thanks for this.... cheers

BaZmO* wrote:
    Is that song not by The Bees?

They have covered it, as have Belle + Seb and Beck, but afaik the original is in the ad.

• Advertisement

spurious wrote:
    Regina Spektor - 'Hotel Song'
    This should be stickied somewhere

Advertisement