Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,749 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Hi,
    I heard a song on the radio the other morning...I think it was called the ghost of Christy Moore, by The Absolutelys (?)...Anyone have any idea?

They had a Gypsie Kings riff going through it.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 thunderone

thunderone wrote:
    Hi everyone.....New to this end of Boards so helloooo!!!

Ok...I need help with some music....internet advert music at that.
    Can anyone PLEASE help me with this song:
    http://www.3ireland.ie/index.htm ....the experience 3 ad. Can anyone tell me what the song/artist is/are?
    I will be eternally grateful...if you know.

Thanks in advance.

ok stand down! I found it myself using all my google-fu powers!
    If anyone wants to know, the song is called Loro by a band called Pinback.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

loyatemu wrote:

YES!

Thank you! How did you get that? That had to be the most rambling thing I've ever written

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 DR.Pepper

thunderone wrote:
    ok stand down! I found it myself using all my google-fu powers!
    If anyone wants to know, the song is called Loro by a band called Pinback.
    hey just 2 say...check out some of their other stuff too! they're an amazing band..one of my favourites is "fortress" try it!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Paddy100

Yea it was Duke Special.........cheers, i got the lyrics all wrong tho!

Here is another 1 for ya:

currently the song plays while advertising Scrubs on Paramont Comedy Channel.......i av a stong idea the name of it cud be "More then a Feeling" but not sure. it featured i the ep where Turk joined Teds Air Guitair Band & at the end they preform the song................they repeat more then a feeling alot....

just wondering if anyone knows the name of the band cos its a deadly song..........

• Registered Users Posts: 5,229 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Paddy100 wrote:
    currently the song plays while advertising Scrubs on Paramont Comedy Channel.......i av a stong idea the name of it cud be "More then a Feeling" but not sure. it featured i the ep where Turk joined Teds Air Guitair Band & at the end they preform the song................they repeat more then a feeling alot....
    Haven't seen the ad but it sounds like it could be 'More Than a Feeling' by Boston, if there's lots of guitar in it that's the one!

Haven't seen the ad but it sounds like it could be 'More Than a Feeling' by Boston, if there's lots of guitar in it that's the one!

it is, ye

also try 'Smokin' by Boston

• Registered Users Posts: 14,749 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

SumGuy wrote:
    YES!

Thank you! How did you get that? That had to be the most rambling thing I've ever written

I am a music-identifying GOD!

you can post me my pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

There is a song on Paramount at the moment in one of their promotional ads. It is cartoon character dancing and there is a heavy keyboards sound behind it. Familiar but can't place it. Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

Anyone have any idea what the song for L+O SVU on tv3 running lately is. All you hear is the intro, on piano or keyboard, and then at the end of the add some fella singing something along the lines of "Fall in, Fall out", it sounds kind of Radioheadish in that your man singing sounds like a miserable fukker with a croaky voice, but I don't think it's them. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

the new centra ad anybody? anyone know the song??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

The_g-man wrote:
    Paul Weller: Out of the sinking?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEJa83OMOqs

You're a genius! I'm forever grateful - Thank you.

Kevin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

slipss wrote:
    Anyone have any idea what the song for L+O SVU on tv3 running lately is. All you hear is the intro, on piano or keyboard, and then at the end of the add some fella singing something along the lines of "Fall in, Fall out", it sounds kind of Radioheadish in that your man singing sounds like a miserable fukker with a croaky voice, but I don't think it's them. Any ideas?

It might be "Just The Way I'm Feeling" by Feeder off the album Comfort In Sound :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 death-by-stereo

Dose anyone know who sings the song 'wired to the moon'?

Chris Rea?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Dose anyone know who sings the song 'wired to the moon'?
    The Revs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭redalicat

The Dublin advert that's running right now (black and white), any info on the song would be great.

Female singer, breathy, slow guitar. The lyrics (that I could hear) were:

I know I only met you recently...
    I only hope that you would love me too...

The singer sounds like Katherine Whalen from the Squirrel Nut Zippers, but can't find anything even close in her discography. My usual Googling is getting me nowhere!

****JUST when I'd given up, I tried once more on Google. Drum roll.......

"You You You You" sung by Katherine Whalen on the 1999 album "Hyacinths and Thistles" by the 6ths.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,965 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Yeah Yeah never mind the content (nsfw), but can anyone tell me the song, singer, band in the following clip. Sounds pretty cool, I wouldn't mind checking out more:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExzP3-sW38I

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

eo980 wrote:
    Yeah Yeah never mind the content (nsfw), but can anyone tell me the song, singer, band in the following clip. Sounds pretty cool, I wouldn't mind checking out more
    Keane - 'This Is The Last Time'

(video gave me nightmares! :eek:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,965 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

basquille wrote:
    Keane - 'This Is The Last Time'

(video gave me nightmares! :eek:)

HeHe, thanks Basquille. I might invest in an album so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Livewire304

Does anyone know the song that was played during the final scenes of Battlestar gallactica. It was the final episode of Season 3 and played the episode out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Large Single

Hello all. I'm doing my nut in. Anybody know the music for the golden pages ad? You know the one where he arranges the party for his girlfriend. Its an uplifting kind of instrumental. I can't find it anywhere and the goldepages website has nothing. Heeellppp!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Livewire304

Alicat wrote:
    Hiya,

I'm looking for the name of an artist who sings a cover version of Justin Timberlake's "My Love". Its a nice guitar version, and apparently its only on FM104. They said you could find it on the website but I've looked and looked and I must be blind 'cause I can't find it anywhere.

Any ideas on the artist??

Thanks

The Coronas - my love

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=1380567256

you can find the song on their playlist

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

http://shane.flynn.youaremighty.com/

anyone know what song this is?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭valerie

Driving me slowly insane - anyone know what the song is on the ad for RTE 2? The one where it shows clips of Lost, Ugly betty and the heineken cup? I can't make out any of the lyrics for it so google doesn't really help.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭not14talk

Sorry but this is driving me mad, I cant think of the name of this band and song they have. I was watching the music channels on sky before heading into town and saw this song I really liked and wrote down the name but there must have been some error because the song I wrote down is a heavy rock girl band!:mad: The name I wrote down was 'kittle - charlotte'.

Now this is a bit of crap description but the video is 4/5 lads in room playing the song and the main singer is wearing a top what looks like a gray version of an army sweater. At the end of the video the but a tape into the microwave and then take it out an but it into a walkman.

Sorry again for the crap description but thats all I can remember!

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭spuddy

This may have been asked before.... but I have not idea how to search for it.
    I've heard it used on a radio ad on rte, and on a uk tv ad

all I can tell you is its sounds modern, has no words but it's got lots of whistling in it....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

not14talk wrote:
    Sorry but this is driving me mad, I cant think of the name of this band and song they have. I was watching the music channels on sky before heading into town and saw this song I really liked and wrote down the name but there must have been some error because the song I wrote down is a heavy rock girl band!:mad: The name I wrote down was 'kittle - charlotte'.

Now this is a bit of crap description but the video is 4/5 lads in room playing the song and the main singer is wearing a top what looks like a gray version of an army sweater. At the end of the video the but a tape into the microwave and then take it out an but it into a walkman.

Sorry again for the crap description but thats all I can remember!

Is it Good Charlotte? Don't recognise the description of the video but might be worth having a browse through YouTube to see if they look like the guys in the video you saw.
    spuddy wrote:
    This may have been asked before.... but I have not idea how to search for it.
    I've heard it used on a radio ad on rte, and on a uk tv ad

all I can tell you is its sounds modern, has no words but it's got lots of whistling in it....

Is it Peter Bjorn and John 'Young Folk'?

• Advertisement

There's a song in an episode of Scrubs.
    It's at Christmas, and Turk runs to the big christmas tree in the park where he finds the pregnant girl who ran away from the hospital.
    There's a song playing. Anyone know what it is?

Advertisement