Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thunderstorms

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Listen live here to hear planes trying to land in dublin:
    http://www.liveatc.net/feedmap/feedmap.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

trogdor wrote:
    Ha, it was my second:p :D , doesn't seem to b too willing to give another atm:rolleyes:
    This forum would go into overload if we had a storm:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

my windows media player won't let me listen to that feed - do I need anything else?

redman wrote:
    my windows media player won't let me listen to that feed - do I need anything else?
    No you shouldn't. It works fine for me, at times it goes silent because no one is talking or the connection has timed out, in that case just click the play button.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Goddamit! Looks like that was it!!

• Advertisement

I see on the UKMO radar the clump near rosslare is intensifying a bit.
    It's gone from blue to green in the last half hour.

There are reds and pinks further west in that line which would be the stuff over tip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭homosapien

rc28 wrote:
    No you shouldn't. It works fine for me, at times it goes silent because no one is talking or the connection has timed out, in that case just click the play button.

anything exciting on the feed RC? Want to provide the commentary?? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

redman wrote:
    Wouldn't work for me either. This is what you need to do, where it says feed on the map, right click the link and click save traget as. Save the file and then open it in media player, it should work then:) . I am listening to it now:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

trogdor wrote:
    Wouldn't work for me either. This is what you need to do, where it says feed on the map, right click the link and click save traget as. Save the file and then open it in media player, it should work then:) . I am listening to it now:D

Thanks!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Never really brightened up here and the rain never stopped. It's now brighter to my north, lol. Really gone pitch here and to my South. Just had to turn onthe light

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

Some big bangs and a few flashes in Stamullen, Co Meath. Lotsa heavy rain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ive lost Tv signal No More shrek

• Registered Users Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Rain pickung up here again in Killester with clouds getting slightly darker.

Piddling down now,rain rate to 39.1mm/hr,heaviest so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

Same just down the road in Raheny

Got fairly crazy there for a while, immense falls of rain, instant floods, gushing water down the street...

WOOW

Sky pitch dark to the south, expecting some lightning soon.:D :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Darwin

Stopped raining for about an hour or so now in Mountrath. I was up the Slieve Blooms in the midst of that torrential rain doing a photoshoot :D No thunder or lightning to report though

48.5mm/hr and lashing out there.17.5mm of rain has fallen so far.

Gone flat calm eery, clouds kind of broken abit, and amazingly warm out there, it just feels muggy and humid.

wow well thats it it would seem, broken clouds and brightened up considerably after one last torrential downpour...

Drain out to the front of the house is totally blocked, big flood on road!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

Dublin 12, rain stopped there for twenty minutes after a rumble of thunder at about 20.50, right now its bucketing down again with some really dark clouds.
    Only one rumble of thunder though this evening, with no lightening :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Gone flat calm eery, clouds kind of broken abit, and amazingly warm out there, it just feels muggy and humid.
    Noticed that myself. Opened the hall door and if felt noticably warmer that it was earlier. Rain just stopped all of a sudden, seems to be brightening up outside.

Yep WC,temp has risen a bit just as the rain stopped 18.8mm of rain has fallen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Bloody 'ell, wouldnt like to be crossing the English channel, or stuck out in a little fishing boat now:

http://www.blitzortung.org/index.php?station=2&mode=0&map=5&lang=e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Several bursts of thunder here in Dundalk in the last few minutes, rain gettting steadily heavier....very warm here earlier with really gusty cool sea breeze. Reckon the cooley mountains will trap a good bit of this and lift it a bit more. Rain getting really heavy now....another burst of thunder. No sight of lightning yet...

edit: lightning and looks like the flash came from inland of me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Wertz wrote:
    Several bursts of thunder here in Dundalk in the last few minutes, rain gettting steadily heavier....very warm here earlier with really gusty cool sea breeze. Reckon the cooley mountains will trap a good bit of this and lift it a bit more. Rain getting really heavy now....another burst of thunder. No sight of lightning yet...

edit: lightning and looks like the flash came from inland of me

Listening to that Dublin Air Traffic Control streaming feed posted earlier and a few minutes ago one of the aircraft reported "weather" to the north of Dublin airport and was looking for a diversion around it. Sounds like what he was reporting is what you're currently seeing, Wertz.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Listening to that Dublin Air Traffic Control streaming feed posted earlier and a few minutes ago one of the aircraft reported "weather" to the north of Dublin airport and was looking for a diversion around it. Sounds like what he was reporting is what you're currently seeing, Wertz.

Interestingly, Dublin Airport is the third most popular airport on that site at the moment after JFK and Toronto. Must be with everyone off here.

Had a period of prolonged torrential/very very heavy rain there for about 20/30mins but has eased off a bit now. Flooding in fields, as expected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Gah, fizzling out like snowbie said earlier....no more activity after the initial one. Very windy though and wind varying direction. Probably shouldn't be on the pc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Longfield wrote:
    Mothman give yer pc a kick..its seems to have stopped updating in the crucial period!!....maybe thats telling something in itself though?
    :D

Thunder at 19:15 and 19:35, PC off then, and broadband has been off most of time since.
    Didn't seem to get the deluge others got with max rate of only 20mm/hr

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement