Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Galvasean wrote: »

"there was a thing inside me that scared me"

I loled, so I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I'm not sure who this guy is, but i seen the pic on reddit and thought it was funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7kixg7E3Pk

Terry Jones always does excellent documentaries on life in the middle ages. This is an episode on monks. The rest of the series is just as good but this show that to a certain extent nothing changes under heaven and the church was just as corrupt then.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

legspin wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7kixg7E3Pk

Terry Jones always does excellent documentaries on life in the middle ages. This is an episode on monks. The rest of the series is just as good but this show that to a certain extent nothing changes under heaven and the church was just as corrupt then.

Terry Jones is a highly respected Medieval scholar - not a lot of people know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Terry Jones is a highly respected Medieval scholar - not a lot of people know that.
    `

His series on the Crusades was brilliant.

• Advertisement

legspin wrote: »
    `

His series on the Crusades was brilliant.

His series Medieval Lives should be compulsory viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

tumblr_mfa8ltpLFH1rrcbdvo1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I know the "shocking quotes" thing is frowned upon, BUT, this is too funny not to share. gizoogle.net is like a ghetto google, and with bible, sorry, "bizzle" searches its,well...
    It be easier fo' a cold-ass lil camel ta go all up in tha eye of a needle, than fo' a rich playa ta enter tha kingdom of Dogg”
    Work hard n' become a leader; be lazy n' never succeed. Y'all KNOW dat ****, mutha****a! (Proverbs 12:24)

“When you peep one whoz ass was not born of biatch, prostrate yourselves on yo' faces n' worshizzle his mutha****in ass. That one is yo' Father.”
    Lord...Give our asses victory over tha unbelievers.
    Believers, take neither tha Jews nor tha Christians fo' yo' playas. They is playaz wit one another. Whoever of y'all seeks they thang shall become one of they number. Dogg do not guide tha wrong-doers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Brilliant :D
    And you shall not covet yo' neighborz ho fo' realz. And you shall not desire yo' neighborz house, his wild lil' field, and his crazy-ass male servant, and his wild lil' female servant, his ox, and his ****in lil' donkey, and anythang dat is yo' neighbor's

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Religious quotes-Gizoogle edition
    Moooooved to Funny Thread.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

From YLYL:

236678.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

^^ Yoinking that!

Dades wrote: »
    ^^ Yoinking that!

Is that legal?

Liamario wrote: »
    Is that legal?

Technically yes - but that doesn't mean it's not still an abomination.

be9d89cd-f95e-4770-a812-f70d1fc08989.jpg

CREATIONSIM ISN'T ALL THAT BAD AFTER ALL...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

I think Galvasean should volunteer to investigate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

0Yzvz.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

Ken Ham says that they were a lovely mix of all the races... like If Brandon Lee had kids with Halle Berry... and then those kids had kids together...
    And then some of them got cursed with the mark of Ham... wait... Mark of Ham? Ken Ham?
    How have I never noticed that before.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

What I don't get is that Adam and Eve are nearly always portrayed as these slim sexy caucasians. Most of these Christian groups are claiming society needs to get back to its more purer traditions. They're objecting to media influences portraying sexy ladies as having the ideal bodies and yet on the other hand they portray Eve (The perfect woman before the fall) as being the same way.

Liamario wrote: »
    be9d89cd-f95e-4770-a812-f70d1fc08989.jpg

CREATIONSIM ISN'T ALL THAT BAD AFTER ALL...

The shaft on that spear is bent. No way would it fly true.

• Advertisement

Creationism debunked yet again

tumblr_m1ubv6x4Xd1qby1r2o1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

I'm sure it must be designed for stabbing downward, off ones trusty steed no doubt, given the accuracy of the scene I can't imagine them getting something so simple wrong.

I'm sure it must be designed for stabbing downward, off ones trusty steed no doubt, given the accuracy of the scene I can't imagine them getting something so simple wrong.

Well it could be a storage problem, incorrectly stored wood will warp.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Not even sure where this should go...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Nojlp.png

• Registered Users Posts: 34,122 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Not even sure where this should go...

She sounded pretty sure to me :pac:

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Fortyniner

Here it is - I know you've been waiting - the latest edition of Alive!

http://www.alive.ie/

Some juicy topics..

‘Believers must challenge today’s narrow, godless mentality’

'Unbelief makes its victim obtuse'

On abortion.. "What evil could we not justify?"

Read and enjoy! And they wonder why we don't keep quiet.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Fortyniner wrote: »

The arrogance of that statement! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Fortyniner wrote: »

Nonsense. Once ye stay off the fizzy drinks and keep active, yez'll be grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭swampgas

The Comment section has this nugget: "Taoiseach needs to learn from Nuremberg"
    Taoiseach Enda Kenny recently stated, “the vast majority of people do not want… abortion on demand.”

The Taoiseach needs to realise, first of all, that this is not an issue of what the people do or do not want. It is an issue of fundamental justice.

There is a higher law than “the will of the people”, and he is bound by that law. According to that law to deliberately kill an unborn child is evil, and for any government to legally permit such killing is also profoundly evil.

Here is the position of many anti-abortion people: screw democracy, the people are not allowed to judge for themselves what the law of the land should be - they might go against a "higher law". Now that's real arrogance.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement