Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Did you hear about the guy who overdosed on homeopathy? He forgot to take the pill.

(stolen from a Facebook friend.)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

gnPD4kb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Bannasidhe wrote: »

I did not know that...

I read the womanual.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,936 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

_40112348_manual300.jpg

'Does my bum look big in this' = 5 spanner rating (seek professional help)

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Overly attached Jesus.

JWIi9Pb.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭Worztron

238073.jpeg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

atheist-cartoon.png

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

funny_guy_geek_fundamentalist_quote.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

biko wrote: »
    funny_guy_geek_fundamentalist_quote.jpg

Funny? I find it a little more "hazard of belief"...
    Anyway I've found that the usual response is "that's not the sort of thing my God would ask me to do"... but the biblical God does... "yeah but that's different, that was only to test people"

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

kiffer wrote: »
    Anyway I've found that the usual response is "that's not the sort of thing my God would ask me to do"... but the biblical God does... "yeah but that's different, that was only to test people"
    I think sometime last year, antiskeptic said he would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

Sorry if this is a repost. Too long to post the whole thing here, but it is amusing.

Kissing Hank's Ass

This morning there was a knock at my door. When I answered the door I found a well groomed, nicely dressed couple. The man spoke first:
    John: "Hi! I'm John, and this is Mary."
    Mary: "Hi! We're here to invite you to come kiss Hank's ass with us."
    Me: "Pardon me?! What are you talking about? Who's Hank, and why would I want to kiss His ass?"
    John: "If you kiss Hank's ass, He'll give you a million dollars; and if you don't, He'll kick the snot out of you."

Link:http://www.jhuger.com/kissing-hanks-ass

• Registered Users Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭Worztron

238354.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Moderators Posts: 51,713 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

tumblr_mh98wk5OzP1qmamkso1_500.jpg

tumblr_mh4ghmWg2v1s3zonro1_500.jpg

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

5yR2W.jpg

cuyVxUG.png

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Apologies if repost, but I only just saw it. :o

pNUFTFR.jpg

^^^

"I think I went a little crazy with the shovel."

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Am I the only one getting the ad for "The Shrine of St Jude - Prayer and petition to St Jude" when I open up Atheism and Agnosticism. Is this supposed to be ironic? Or is someone in Boards trying to convert us?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

fisgon wrote: »
    Am I the only one getting the ad for "The Shrine of St Jude - Prayer and petition to St Jude" when I open up Atheism and Agnosticism. Is this supposed to be ironic? Or is someone in Boards trying to convert us?

Well Jude is the saint of hopeless causes....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Dude. Adblock.

It's targeted advertising. Bots crawl pages and analyse the words that are written. We talk about religion = religious advertising.

You could probably be badmouthing McDonalds and have a McDonalds ad pop up halfway down the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I'm getting premium Astrology.

Edit : How dare yez use Ad BLock on a quality site like Boards. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    You could probably be badmouthing McDonalds and have a McDonalds ad pop up halfway down the page.

Just below your post I see an ad for watching a film called Killers. I'm sure it's just coincidence.

U7Cszku.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

An atheist picnic :)

FrtzPw7.jpg

A christian bed-time story told in the US.
    A liberal muslim homosexual ACLU lawyer professor and abortion doctor was teaching a class on Karl Marx.
    "Before the class begins, you must get on your knees and worship Marx and accept that he was the most highly-evolved being that the world has ever known, even greater than Jesus Christ"
    At this moment, a brave, patriotic, pro-life Navy SEAL champion who had served 1500 tours of duty and understood the necessity of war and fully supported all military decision made by the United States stood up and held up a rock.
    "How old is this rock?"
    The arrogant professor smirked quite Jewishly and smugly replied "4.6 billion years, you stupid Christian"
    "Wrong. It's been 5,000 years since God created it, If it was 4.6 billion years old and evolution, as you say, is real.... then it should be an animal now."
    The Professor was visibly shaken and dropped his copy of Origin of the Species. He stormed out of the room crying those liberal crocodile tears.
    The students applauded and all registered Republican that day and accepted Jesus as their lord and savior. An eagle named "Small Government" flew into the room and perched atop the American Flag and shed a tear on the chalk board. The pledge of allegiance was read several times, and God himself showed up and enacted a flat tax rate across the country.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

2013-01-28-abe.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

A site that covers many interests: http://blather.net/

Blather.net: The only really nice website circulating on the Internet. UFOs, Gonzo Metaphysics, High Weirdness, Drugs, Booze, Archaeology, Conspiracy Theories.

Mission: To offend every man, woman and child on earth. Failing that we'll try to post curious stuff about life on this wonderful little planet of ours.

Company Overview: Anthropologists of the Damned.

480123_10151238319062175_1998377845_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement