Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

MrPudding wrote: »
    Hide it quick before Galvasean sees it.

MrP

I think he posted it himself a few pages back.

That or I was watching the creepy videos of dinosaur sex on his website again???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

From YLYL:

235739.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,849 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Not The RTE Guide hits the nail on the head:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

sorry-little-buddy.gif

From the always excellent Married to the Sea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

lol this should of been made instead of that passion of the Christ crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Fortyniner

From Fox News, America's newsroom, fair and balanced..

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/christians-accuse-obama-of-religious-bigotry.html

This is feckin hilarious.

'Conservative religious leaders across the nation are accusing the Obama administration of having religious bigotry and moral McCarthyism after evangelical pastor Louie Giglio was reportedly pressured to back out of delivering the benediction at President Obama’s inauguration.'

“It is the ultimate hypocrisy for the Obama administration to pretend it supports diversity and yet denounces anyone who dares to disagree with its radical homosexual agenda,”

If you can cope with it, read the comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Fortyniner wrote: »
    If you can cope with it, read the comments.

I did. I'm not sure what I feel now.

Part of me thinks that most of the comments were from atheists pulling a poe. The spelling was pretty good for such backwards views and it left me rather confused.

It was a bit like going to the comments in youtube and finding bigoted views expressed in fine prose.

I won't be doing that again.
    *shudder*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

iQfXM.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Hannibal!! ^^

I always enjoy his name.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Want One!

530592_10151271960366630_769661705_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Worztron

236228.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

fyoqs.jpg

236237.gif

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Moderators Posts: 51,720 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

tumblr_mglg9dftL11rlzfo2o1_400.png

If you can read this, you're too close!

You thought that god was good for doing all the big stuff like granting the infinite gift of eternal salvation, curing cancer, protecting children, creating the universe?

Turns out he does the small stuff too -- creating cooked spaghetti on the fly, strengthening shoes and making tires last well into the danger zone (though not, presumably, the ones on Dana's car):

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/01/09/christian-tv-prophet-long-lasting-shoes-are-proof-of-supernatural-miracles-from-god
    Raw Story wrote:
    Most Americans probably think that companies like Vibram and Dow Chemical are responsible for the technology behind long-lasting shoes, but self-proclaimed prophet Cindy Jacobs is asserting that durable kicks are really a “supernatural” miracle from God.

During the Tuesday episode of God Know, Jacobs advised viewers to gather provisions for “the tumultuous season ahead,” but not to worry because God would provide through miracles.

“We believe we’re moving into a supernatural season, where if needed, God will multiply food,” she explained. “I have seen God multiply food more than one time when I was cooking… And I remember spooning out spaghetti or whatever, just praying in the spirit over that, and God just made more and more and more. You know, I’ve seen oil multiply as I was praying for the sick. I’ve seen bottles of oil just fill up about a cup a time of oil. But the point is we were promised supernatural provisions.”

“Remember when we drove our car… one one set of tires, how many miles was it?” Jacobs asked her husband and fellow prophet, Mike, after the commercial break. “Way, way beyond what could ever happen with one set of tires.”

She continued: “I mean, I remember one time that I had a pair of shoes that I wore and wore and wore and wore and it just — for years, these shoes did not wear out. And I wore them years and years and years.”

“So, you know, sometimes God is saying little epiphanies to us, little things to us, but we don’t know how to listen to his voice.”

236282.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

robindch wrote: »
    Turns out he does the small stuff too -- creating cooked spaghetti on the fly, strengthening shoes and making tires last well into the danger zone (though not, presumably, the ones on Dana's car):

He saves our soles

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    He saves our soles
    Am gutted I didn't think of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Someone on Twitter discovered yesterday that the Youth Defence Website has a set of forums, which were totally unmoderated. Hilarity ensued with several people signing up and posting Poes to their hearts' content. Youth Defence, unable to deal with the consequences of unprotected discussion, aborted the whole discussion board, and even more hilarity ensued.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

Yes, dammit. Only just found that out from fb and it's been shut down - I couldn't even read the comments people left - some of the small quotes of them I saw looked brilliantly trollish. Did anyone get screenshots?? :pac:

Sarky wrote: »
    Youth Defence [...] aborted the whole discussion [...]
    "YD Supports Abortion!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Obliq wrote: »
    Yes, dammit. Only just found that out from fb and it's been shut down - I couldn't even read the comments people left - some of the small quotes of them I saw looked brilliantly trollish. Did anyone get screenshots?? :pac:

Damn it, I should have thought of that, but I was too busy posting as xox-real-xtian69-xox :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Screenshot someone got of the boards. The sex acts was a discussion on fisting. Some of the usernames are good. :D
    youthdefencepage.png

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Áine Nees.

That's inspired. Bravo!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

wifeswappingsodomite is a fcuking awesome forum name :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

krudler wrote: »
    wifeswappingsodomite is a fcuking awesome forum name :pac:

...Oh I'm tempted...

• Moderators Posts: 51,720 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

321315_404161303004912_767915766_n.jpg

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean