Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment (Archived)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Out of the 11,000 how many would have failed? Is the any info on that anywhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭8bi1ctzegfouva

oh yeah, sorry only reading it properlyn now, i was reading it as 14,036 or something like that.

i am not sure on how many failed, but i have been told that about 2 thirds of people who applied usually pass the aptitude test. the other third either failing, or not turning up. out of the 2 thirds who passed, probably about a half will be called for interview.

these figures are all just rough estimates though. so don't take my word for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 cheekycheeks

ya id love to know as well how many they will take on each time.. trying to calculate out when i will be called for interview. (if even i will) i know they usually take about 150 on average each time but the minister promised he was going to up this to 250 each quarter. wonder if thats true

oh yeah, sorry only reading it properlyn now, i was reading it as 14,036 or something like that.

i am not sure on how many failed, but i have been told that about 2 thirds of people who applied usually pass the aptitude test. the other third either failing, or not turning up. out of the 2 thirds who passed, probably about a half will be called for interview.

these figures are all just rough estimates though. so don't take my word for it.
    Why do they quote 750?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

think i will forward this to the review board. can have gardai that cant read ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭unme

... honestly your honour, he was travelling at 1000 kilometers per hour :D

just joking ;)

Bond-007 wrote:
    Why do they quote 750?

im not sure what you mean, who quoted 750, and what are they talking about when they did so?

with regards to my earlier mistake, in all fairness, i had been asleep, up until about 5 minutes before i posted that message, and i was rudely awakened by FedEx trying to get into my house, so i feel i am allowed one mistake.

im not sure what you mean, who quoted 750, and what are they talking about when they did so?
    They said 750 would get interviews and that was all.

its the first 750 being interviewed now, then another 750 then another and so on. at least that is what i think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

dude, they were jokes.
    gee, maybe its true abot the police force not having a sense of humour. yours seems to be disappearing already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭mcguiver

Eyesight test for recruits.
    Your shown a picture of the Mayday protesters being beaten by a group of Gardai.
    Question "how many Gardai are in the photo?"
    Correct answer is "I can't see any".

i knew they were jokes. but at the same time i was still explaining myself.
    the one about mayday is quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,015 ✭✭✭✭Esel

... FedEx trying to get into my house ...

You could have them for attempted burglary.

:)

ps This too is a joke!

Not your ornery onager

a mate of mine who was down the with local sergeant last night filling in forms, was shown an internal memo. stating that the first batch of trainees from this intake will be starting in templemore on the 5th of may.
    so fingers crossed, myself and foregone will be heading down then.
    also, foregone, have you recieved anything else from kilroys this week? and if so have they been any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

I recieved the entire package from Kilroy's before Christmas so that isn't much of a problem - It's only that I'll have to put the head down and study the particular sections after the Aptitude tests that matter.

The 5th of May sounds very nice. If we make it through all of this process it would be a great time of year to start. No (Well, not a lot) rain and the longer evenings to make life that little more comfortable after slogging during the day.

Hmm @ Bray being snowed in.

you're snowed in? we only have a tiny bit of snow here.
    have you posted off your form A yet?
    if so, did you remember to include 4 photocopies of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 seammc

you sound set on getting gards detective,

i forgot to include 4 copys, oops?
    it never said on letter, sent it off yesterday in rush...

My documentation seems to be a lot different to yours, Detective.

I wasn't asked about copies; but I was asked to send them my original Leaving Cert and Birth Certificate. The way I see it is being that I originate in a small community the Garda Station was probably asked for a reference of me on the fly. Two of the Gards there would know me. Either way I wasn't asked to go there.

Bray was snowed in, yes. Everyone made it to work late. Lol. Great laughs followed as it's a busy time of the month.

re. the four copies. it said it no where on the information i got, but i was looking at the website last night and i saw a thing saying you needed to include four copies.

and yeah i am dead set on getting into the gards, if i don't i'll be well pissed off.

also, foregone, maybe you will be called in at some stage, everyone i know has been, its a background check form, which gets sent off to the phoenix park.

• Advertisement

I don't mind if I'm called in once it's on a weekend.

My local station is in County Waterford, three hours away, so it wouldn't be my most convenient Garda station.

That said I'm sure I can come to some compromise.

I'm not overly confident in succeeding with the Gardai as you never know what could happen between now and then. That said, if the opportunity arrives I'll be fairly chuffed.

Who knows. If we're extremely lucky we could end up in a brand new accomodation block. I've always loved a clean, new bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Cosworth

I got my results on friday,placed 603.I was in town yesterday so i dropped in my application form.Today i seen the note about 4 copies on the publicjobs website so i rang them and as it wasn't in the information posted it is not needed.
    I have my interview on the 31st so hopefully it will go well.
    How did everyone else get on with the 4 questions on the application form?

Gary.

took me hours to fill in that form. did you write it or type it? i tried writing, but it looked ****, so got it typed up, cost me 45 euro, but hopefully it will be worth it.

I typed the answers for the 4 questions.
    I didn't even try to fit it all in as there was no way you could,they were too small to write in.

You'd need an old fashioned type writer to manage to get that typed up.

How on Earth did you guys do it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭lilolil

I'm surprised @ ye who are so ophey with the oul pc's that ye didn't think to ring the Public Service Commission and ask for the document in electronic format?? I got the form sent to me (in MS Word) and typed all my answers!

Lilolil

Blast it. Funny thing is I type faster/better than I write.

I'll be lucky if they can even read the form, nevermind comment on my poor handwriting.

I typed and printed the answers and then cut them out of the peice of paper and then stapled them to the sheet.
    My friend did that last year and he is down in templemore, so it must be acceptable :D

Gary

Got a call from the local sergent earlier,i have to go down to the station at 10 tonight for a chat and to fill in the form with all my relatives details.

Gary.

• Advertisement

hey, finally got the forms in today. absolute nightmare. got a call of the typist this morning saying typewriter was broken, so spent all day trying to get it done up.
    eventually figure out a way to type it on the computer and print it onto the forms.

cannot believe i didnt do as lilolil did, that would have made it so much easier.
    wish they had told me in the first place it was available in electronic format.
    would have saved a lot of hassle and stress.

oh yeah, i also found out the deadline has been extended to monday! how nice of them to tell us all ehh?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement