Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment (Archived)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

I don't drink so I'm pretty safe in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,015 ✭✭✭✭Esel

the fact that you bothered to work that out makes me think people will be laughing at you, not me, and the majority of people on here have the intelligence to know what i meant, i apologies for not spelling it for people like yourself.

now if you have nothing constructive to add to the thread then please do us a favour and don't post to it again

"Never try to teach a pig how to sing - it wastes your time, and it annoys the pig".

"Never 'smiley' a pig, they will think you are laughing at them".

"When the finger points at the moon, the fool looks at the finger".

Just as well mules can't reproduce!

You want constructive?

Answer each job simulation question as you think the perfect 'member' would.

NB To benefit from the above advice, you have to be capable of thinking.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭8bi1ctzegfouva

did anyone else get a call from their local garda station last night? i have to go down tonight with all my school records etc. looks like they are moving fairly fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

esel wrote:
    "Never try to teach a pig how to sing - it wastes your time, and it annoys the pig".

"Never 'smiley' a pig, they will think you are laughing at them".

"When the finger points at the moon, the fool looks at the finger".

Just as well mules can't reproduce!

You want constructive?

Answer each job simulation question as you think the perfect 'member' would.

NB To benefit from the above advice, you have to be capable of thinking.

we are not amused.

youre not adding anything to this thread, so cut it out.

..Just got back from the Post Office.

I came 90th biggrin.gif.

Interview in Dublin on the 18th. Fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

90th! Thats really really good! I came 718th place in 2002. ANd I was so hungover that day it wasn't funny. Evil drink

90th, fair play man, well done. [snipped]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Did either of you pay for a course beforehand?

I went for the course in Kilroy's College. Very useful. Hopefully it will help with the interviews as well (I have a 7 month unemployed gap!!).

If all goes well it looks like we could be meeting one another in Tipperary, Detective.

Bond-007 wrote:
    Did either of you pay for a course beforehand?
    yeah i did one with raphaels credit union.

• Advertisement

yeah, it would be quite a coincidence if we did,
    was speaking to someone today who teaches in templemore.
    told me the first intake from our recruitment drive will start training in july, and then one in october.

and we should get the results 6 weeks after the interviews.

foregone, have you had a call from your local station yet? i am heading down this evening to speak to a sergeant.

also, does the kilroys one give you much info for the interview? i am going to buy it second hand off somone else, as it is a fairly pricey course.

also, do u mind me asking u how old u r foregone?

Didn't recieve a call from the station - Though am hoping to have a conversation with the local Super Intendant next Saturday.

Why, did they actually call you to tell you that you made it?

Sure they don't want you there for other reasons?

I'm 20, by the way. How about you?

I've found that Kilroy's has been fantastic for the aptitude, though I haven't focused too much on the remainder of the course as of yet - So I can't give you a fully fledged decision until the end of the week.

Stay tuned.

How did you fill out the final four questions in regards to weighing up decisions and the like?

im 20 too, i thought you were like mid 30's or something for some reason.
    i havent filled in the thing yet, will do it tomo.
    when do you have to return yours by? i have to have it in by thursday.
    also, are u doing your interview in dublin?

and no, the reason they rang is you have to go down and tell them about your job/college, bring in your leaving results etc.
    and also you have to give two references and **** like that.

well thats what they told my mum, so hopefully i wont go down and find them there waiting with a set of cuffs of anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

Didn't bother doing the course. Just get a book for the spacial problems. Common sense will get you through the rest.

By the way lads - ye are only 20. There's no rush to join up to be honest. If you make it through the interview and physical, defer for a year or two (go travelling). Seriously - once you're in, you won't be able to do anything for at least two years.

wouldnt mind going travelling.
    but lets just try and get in first.

I was very dissapointed with my results. I passed but I am way down the list form our top 2 stars on here. Wonder if its anything to do with the raising of the age limit?

Its says only the top 700 will be interviewed. Ah well.

i thought you already were a garda bond?

i think they are interviewing the first 700, then the next and so on, so i say unless you got like 8,000 odd you should prob get an interview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭ando

For those that didnt get in, try next time. My sister didn't pass the first time but got in on her second attempt and has now been a garda for about 4 yrs

Good advice Mutz/Ando. This would be my second time applying..and I have been thinking about going to the US for a little.

I've been asked to send my LC and Birth Cert to them. Must be a Dublin only thing up there.

My application has to be back by thursday as well though. Very short notice...And my interview's in Dublin, yes.

9:00. Gah. At least it's after Patrick's day so it won't feel like a Monday.

EDIT: The Detective's right 007. You'll more than likely get in on the second wave (if you don't make it this time). Once you're not number 9,432 or above. biggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭madmorphy

yeah i did one with raphaels credit union.

Is your daddy a mule by any chance ?

a mule?
    if you mean is he a garda, then no he is not.

does anyone know what the story is with interviews on a saturday? mine is on [snipped], which is a saturday, but a good few people have told me it must me a mis-print as they don't interview on saturdays, [snipped].

ill ring them on monday, but has anyone heard anything about this?

True. I'll have to be there by 9, which is awful considering it takes at least 45 minutes to get in there on the dart; nevermind the taxi ride to Abbey Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭mcguiver

Well done anyone who got through the tests. According to the ministers website he has promised 1096 recruits this year. 700 called for interview so far, I wonder how many they will get from that .
    (I got placed 1436th!). I suppose its just a wait and see really. Anybody know how many recruits start at a time in Templemore (I know at the recent passing out there was only 134.... but I don't know how many dropped out etc.).

To get 1100 i would assume they need to interview at least 3000? Allowing for those that fail at the various stages.

Would i be right in thinking like this?

mcguiver, are you sure you placed 1436th? i thought only about 11,000 applied. but if that is the case about 15,000 must have applied.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭mcguiver

??? 1436.... out of 11,000.... I'm guessin your readin that wrong.I know it's Monday morning detective.... we'll let ya off with a caution this time :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement