Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment (Archived)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

Brill.

I think some people are under the impression that Garda College is like attending UCD with a little P.E. here and there.

Sorry lads. It's more like a Barracks with some education thrown in to fill up the extra time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭8bi1ctzegfouva

L5 wrote:
    someone i know is in the new batch of 300 recruits which started training 3 weeks ago. He says loads have already dropped out, and a few were kicked out, one for kicking the wing mirrors off every car on a street of cars on way home from pub :)

good to hear. more places for us hopefully.

when did your mate apply? was it a recruitment drive a while back? as i can't see it possible for him to have applied to the one we are waiting for the results from.

L5 wrote:
    one for kicking the wing mirrors off every car on a street of cars on way home from pub :)

You would have thought that this person would have had enough cop on to realise that vandalism would have been a detriment to his full acceptance into the Gardai. Mistakes can be made, I suppose. :D

Edited

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

kids, pipe down there please.
    people are entitled to their own opinions, even if they do seem a little 'odd' to others.

if you ant to have a discussion on the entitlment for the travelling community, then i suggest you take it over to the humanities forum. they like a good dust up over there.

now, does anyone actually have anything further to talk about this garda appitude test and other such garda related interview stuff?

rang civil service again today, the woman didn't know too much, said results should be with us before the end of the week, but unless they have been posted today, there is not much hope of them being with us by friday.
    said interviews are starting mid-march, so the march 1 thing was a pile of crap.

• Advertisement

just spoke to some bloke int he civil service offices ( i say they are loving these almost-daily phonecalls). told me results were posted earlier today, but wasnt sure about if they would be available on-line. but he gave me a number to ring after 2 pm (pm me if you want this number). will ring them in 20 mins and see what the story is.
    also this link - Garda Info. might be of some use to people, it has info on the interviews.

ok just rung them.
    results will not be available on-line. but should hopefully be with us by tomorrow morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

ok just rung them.
    results will not be available on-line. but should hopefully be with us by tomorrow morning.
    I seriously doubt that will happen.

me too, the post in this country is a joke, more likely monday. another 3 days of waiting!! but im still hoping i'll get the results tomo. its starting to piss me off now all this waiting.

Results Finally Arrived Thank ****! Placed [snipped]. WOOT!!!
    interview date included and all. [snipped], cannot wait!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Results Finally Arrived Today Thank ****! Placed 103. WOOT!!!
    interview date included and all. interview mid march, cannot wait!

well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 cheekycheeks

hi well done to everyone who got their results. ive been placed at over 1900. any chance of me being recruited?? or am i too far down the list. Thanks

congratulations on passing. i know a lad who didnt, but his girlfriend did, so i say he isn't too happy. they are interviewing a good few. not sure how many, but was told by somone, that if they are taking in 1000 people now, that they will offer interviews to 3000.
    so i say you will deffo. be interviewed. but it might take a while.

did they give you a date for interviews? or just say you had passed?

Thanks for reply detective. the letter just said that i passed and that they are interviewing the first 700 immediately and may be in touch again. that was what was in the letter in general. dont know if im over the moon or disappointed to be honest!

just another thought if they are recruiting 2000 from this competition then i should be safe enough. but i suppose you can never know for sure. also detective you were placed so high you must have got every question right and if that is the case if a load of people got every question right how do they decide who is number 1, number 2 etc.. just curioius as to how they work it

No sign of my letter today. Typical post..

Oh well. I won't be able to see my post now until Monday week; the suspense is going to get to me. :D

Congratulations Detective; hopefully you'll get through this stage and do well in the future.

you must have got every question right and if that is the case if a load of people got every question right how do they decide who is number 1, number 2 etc.. just curioius as to how they work it

I'd say people getting identical marks are few and far between and those who do come in a joint place will be given the same position (Number '105' say, though due to two people being 105th, the next person will be 107th).

More than likely the joint positions will be interviewed on the same day regardless.

How did you do on the Aptitude Cheeks...Did you answer all of the questions yourself or how many did you miss?

thats a **** one forgone, sorry to hear you have to wait, i would suggest ringing the civil service, but i really doubt they would give out info over the phone.

also, for anyone who didn't pass the aptitude test, or for anyone who wants a backup, the psni will be recruiting again from 3rd of march. i rekcon i might apply again, just in case the interview goes crap. but fingers crossed it will go well.

does anyone know if people who are in the first 700, will start training before others even have their interviews? i am really hoping (if i pass interview and medical etc) to start sometime around june/july.

in relation to your question cheeks, i didnt answer maybe 1 or 2 in the verbal reasoning, and i didnt have time to do 5 in the analytical reasoning, and i answered all the questions in the job simulation exercise.

not sure how i did in each though, its a bit annoying the way they don't tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭CTU_Agent

got my letter....didn't pass. :( ah well not meant to be

• Advertisement

sorry to hear that. but like i said the psni will be recruiting in a few days check out there website you get paid more up there too. anyway best of luck if you apply to them.

ns9bg1 wrote:
    :(

Maybe not this time around anyway, but don't forget there's going to be a lot more in the future - What with the large number of Gardai recruited during the Troubles now starting to retire themselves.

I'm checking the Post Office in a few minutes to see if any late arrivals came into the sorting area. Do they still do Evening Deliveries around the country these days?

One of the other guys in the locality didn't recieve his letter either. It's such a shame that we can't get letters within 24hrs anymore.

And Detective - You'll more than likely be in Templemore before June/July. The maximum class size is just over 500 (I believe) so they wouldn't waste time in putting new recruits into the system. This all depends on how you do, of course biggrin.gif.

they find it hard to do normal deliveries, so the chances of an evening delivery is very slim.

Lol.

Told me that they haven't sorted the evening delivery (to the office from Dublin, that is) and to get back there tomorrow at midday.

If it's there it will be better than waiting until Monday week. biggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 22,015 ✭✭✭✭Esel

.....talking about fitness, was looking up the nypd website today, they have to do a mile and a half in 15.30 secs, while we have to do it in 11.45. talk about lazy fat americans.

You have to run a mile and a half at 470mph? Who is chasing you?

Get your facts and figures right or you'll be laughed out of court.

Presume you meant 15 mins 30 secs and 11 mins 45 secs respectively?

:)

Not your ornery onager

the fact that you bothered to work that out makes me think people will be laughing at you, not me, and the majority of people on here have the intelligence to know what i meant, i apologies for not spelling it for people like yourself.

now if you have nothing constructive to add to the thread then please do us a favour and don't post to it again

[QUOTE=
    How did you do on the Aptitude Cheeks...Did you answer all of the questions yourself or how many did you miss?[/QUOTE]

i thought the Aptitude was really hard. i really thought i would not pass. no i didnt answer all the questions. i left out about five in the second section and i was only guessing alot of the answers.

You've probably beaten me then Cheeky (Or if I'm lucky..maybe around the same).

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

Bond-007 wrote:
    "You are not obliged to say or do anything but what ever you say or do will be put into writing and may be used as evidence.

Don't want to seem like I'm splitting hairs or anyting but the caution is:

"You are not obliged to say anything unless you wish to do so, but anything you do say will be taken down in writing and may be given in evidence"

One piece of valuable advice for anyone joining up - keep your noses clean from now on because any screw up on your part and you're gone. Becareful of excessive drinking and the behaviour that follows it.

• Advertisement

Mutz wrote:
    Don't want to seem like I'm splitting hairs or anyting but the caution is:

"You are not obliged to say anything unless you wish to do so, but anything you do say will be taken down in writing and may be given in evidence"

One piece of valuable advice for anyone joining up - keep your noses clean from now on because any screw up on your part and you're gone. Becareful of excessive drinking and the behaviour that follows it.

nice one cheers.

yeah i have been warned by a good few people to make sure i don't get a black eye or anything like that.

as for drinking, i have been off the drink now for the past couple of months, trying to improve the old fitness. but cheers for the advice man.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement