Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOOK CLUB - Galway

Options
1515253545557»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Robert1782_

Hi guys ltns. Was wondering if anyone was up for seeing On The Road in the Cinema next week? ( I think it should be out in galway by next weekend). Maybe we could kill two birds with one stone and kick start the book club while we're at it. I know some of you are probably still disappointed with K-stew after the whole cheating scandal, but I heard her performance is actually quite good despite her questionable moral character :) Sure let me know what ye think, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mantua1

Is the book club still going in galway? would be interested..thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭primrose_lily

Hi guys ltns. Was wondering if anyone was up for seeing On The Road in the Cinema next week? ( I think it should be out in galway by next weekend). Maybe we could kill two birds with one stone and kick start the book club while we're at it. I know some of you are probably still disappointed with K-stew after the whole cheating scandal, but I heard her performance is actually quite good despite her questionable moral character :) Sure let me know what ye think, cheers

Could be good fun, get a few people together for the craic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mantua1

cinema sounds good to me:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 barhoula

Hey there!
    Ya sounds good to me, not sure when its out but happy to go along. We can judge K-Stew afterwards!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 witchitybitch

Hi
    Was interested in joining your book club. I'm a pretty avid reader but my interest seems to have waned slightly in the last while and would love to gain a bit of momentum by reading with others... Can you let me know if it's still on etc and date of the next meeting. Thanks....
    Oh and also if you are still open to new members of course!

Hi Witchity. The Book Club is on a kind of a hiatus at the moment it seems, as a lot of the regular memebers are either away travelling or too busy at the moment. I was thinking of arranging a cinema night or maybe a table quiz so that new people interested in joining could make arrangements to kick start the book club. There seems to be interest from a few new potential members. Anyway, any arrangements will be made on this thread if you want to keep an eye out, cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭primrose_lily

Hi Witchity. The Book Club is on a kind of a hiatus at the moment it seems, as a lot of the regular memebers are either away travelling or too busy at the moment. I was thinking of arranging a cinema night or maybe a table quiz so that new people interested in joining could make arrangements to kick start the book club. There seems to be interest from a few new potential members. Anyway, any arrangements will be made on this thread if you want to keep an eye out, cheers :)

A table quiz would be great fun, i bet we would all have such a laugh and get to know ppl :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Shailaja

Hi, I would be really interested in joining a bookclub and even starting it off with a cinema trip :)
    I've just recently moved to Galway and looking to meet some people with similar interests.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 witchitybitch

Sounds brilliant, would be totally up for either a table quiz or cinema trip. Winter in Galway is looooonnnnggggg and it seems like there's very few options that are not just entirely centered around going to the pub and getting rat-arsed. I've got a good bit of spare time at the moment so if you would like help with organising anything just let me know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 burglecutt

Hey guys have long considered joining the book club but never quite made it. Think your idea of a table quiz (minus mobile phones :) ) is a great idea to help us potential newbies meet the group!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭cheeseofdoom

The table quiz sounds like a good idea. We could do a Doodle.com poll to see what evening suits everyone best? In fact, I've just created one here to make it nice and simple :)http://doodle.com/zgh5kxruefv3gvwe

hi again guys. Didn't see any table quizzes coming up at the moment (if anyone wants to keep an eye out for them feel free). Was wondering if anyone fancied catching 7 psychopaths in the cinema this weekend or next week perhaps? Anyone interested in getting the book club going again could have a chat about it if they come along :)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭germanSandra

Anyone interested in getting the book club going again could have a chat about it if they come along :)

Hi - it's me Sandra - even though I'm far away from Galway I would like to say how much I miss the book club. I saw the movie Cloud Altas - it was one of my favourite book club books I read - and I really liked the movie, too. Without this book club I wouldn't have read it. So I really hope you'll successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭cheeseofdoom

Hey all, I created a Doodle poll (with plenty of optional dates) to see if anyone wanted to meet up and get the book club going again before Christmas but only got one reply, which is a pity because I genuinely would like to join a book club here in Galway. Fingers crossed it will be revived at some point...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

I'd love the idea of a book club but to be honest I just don't have the time to read that much anymore. I know I'd just find the pressure too much if I had a set time to finish a particular book :(

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Dutchess

I'd love to meet some new people in a way that doesn't have me spending a fortune on courses and the like. I like to read so I would be interested.

I am not much of the organisational inclination due to some bad experiences on that front but I use www.meetup.com to find groups of people with similar interests to mine. Starting a bookclub there would probably work and is accesible for non Facebookers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 curious creature

Hi Dutchess, did any more happen with the book club. I would be interested in joining too

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Buddy74

I'd also be interested! I used to love reading and would love to get back into it

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Wil Tierney

Wouldn't mind joining myself. Like Buddy74 I used to love reading. had gotten back into it lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 eire32contae

Hey, does anyone know if this book club is still running? And if not, I'd be up for getting a couple of people together and setting something up :)

Hey, does anyone know if this book club is still running? And if not, I'd be up for getting a couple of people together and setting something up :)

+ 1

Hi Eire and Will. The Book Club is more or less defunct at this point with most of the previous members either abroad or too busy to attend apparently. I tried to generate some interest in it again a while back but didn't get that much of a response and people were reluctant to be responsible for organising the details of times to meet etc. But if you guys think you can get a few people interested in it maybe we can all arrange to get it going again :)

I'd go for it snyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 curious creature

+1

Advertisement