Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOOK CLUB - Galway

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭geekychick

OK, good shtuff. :)

The two of ye arrange for when it best suits, and hopefully I'll be able to make it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭carol123

barhoula wrote: »
    Ya sounds great. A meet up just to have a chat about things, see what everyone would like to do in the group, chat about what wer reading now or whatever....Im in anyway! Would say, next Monday, suit you Carol123? & Hopefully Geekychic will be recovered by then too. We can try spread the word!

Sure. Suits me anyway. What time were you thinking of?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 barhoula

Hi everyone,

Well after a great catch-up last evening it is looking like we have a few people for the club and to have some get togethers over the coming weeks. If anyone is interested please do get in touch or come along! As a newbie to the group I have the task of picking the next book, so with this added pressure (!) how about we go with the novel "Lean on Pete" by American writer Willy Vlautin. Its IMPAC nominated and with the Award coming up in June it could be good timing to give it a read. If ok with everyone of course! :)

Barry

Hi folks
    Just wondering about tomorrow night. Any chance we could meet by 8:30? The early start next morning kinda kills me! :( Still the Cottage Bar?

Morning,

O ya the earlier the better suits me so that's no problem, can go at 8pm if suits but can make any time really!

• Advertisement

Morning,

O ya the earlier the better suits me so that's no problem, can go at 8pm if suits but can make any time really!

So 8pm or 8:30pm? How does that suit people? :) Yaay! We're getting the band back together. :cool:

Ok lets say 8pm so if thats ok with everybody! :)

Hi folks,

I have a busy enough day tomorrow so not sure I can make it for 8 exactly but will be there by 8:30. Sorry! I'll do my best to make it as early as possible... anyway, if even two people are there at 8, that's company, right? :)

See ye then!

geekychick wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I have a busy enough day tomorrow so not sure I can make it for 8 exactly but will be there by 8:30. Sorry! I'll do my best to make it as early as possible... anyway, if even two people are there at 8, that's company, right? :)

See ye then![/QUOTE

8:30 suits me fine geekychick. Just that the 9/9:30pm start we used to have in olden times was a bit late for me. :)

Hey guys! 8 or half 8 suits me, Just let me know what suits. Prob best to text later on, I mightn't be online but See ye later anyway!

• Advertisement

Hi Folks

So my nomination for the next book is The Quiet American by Graham Greene. As far as I can remember The High Window by Raymond Chandler is after that. So it goes as follows:

26th June The Quiet American
    10th July The High Window

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Angel8ie

Hi there everyone. I was wondering if there was a chance of joining your book club? I see your next meeting is tomorrow so I wouldnt have the book read but I would definitely be interested in going to the next one. I dont know if ye have any requirements or age brackets for joining but if you do, let me know :)

Angel8ie wrote: »
    Hi there everyone. I was wondering if there was a chance of joining your book club? I see your next meeting is tomorrow so I wouldnt have the book read but I would definitely be interested in going to the next one. I dont know if ye have any requirements or age brackets for joining but if you do, let me know :)

Hi Angel8ie

Don't let the fact that you haven't read the book stop you from popping in tonight. It's all fairly casual and we're constantly open to new members. We end up talking about general stuff anyway so you won't be left out. The age group has always been very varied, so that's never been an issue. :)

carol123 wrote: »
    Hi Angel8ie

Don't let the fact that you haven't read the book stop you from popping in tonight. It's all fairly casual and we're constantly open to new members. We end up talking about general stuff anyway so you won't be left out. The age group has always been very varied, so that's never been an issue. :)

Oh thanks a million carol123. could you let me know what time and where and i'll do my best to make it.

also , is your next book The high window? I want to see if i can manage to find a copy. Thanks :)

We meet at about 8:30pm in the Cottage Bar, Lower Salthill. You can ask at the bar, they'll probably recognise us at this stage. hope to see you there! :)

also , is your next book The high window? I want to see if i can manage to find a copy. Thanks :)

Yes, that's right and we'll probably pick another one or two tonight. We find it's a good idea to choose a few books in advance so people have time to order what they can't find locally.

Great, see ye tonight so!

carol123 wrote: »
    Yes, that's right and we'll probably pick another one or two tonight. We find it's a good idea to choose a few books in advance so people have time to order what they can't find locally.

thats great, thanks for the info. hopefully i'll make it tonight. how often do ye meet? sorry for all the questions:p

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ladhrann

We sometimes share books between us, so I'll see if I can rummage up a copy for you.

• Advertisement

Hey guys, I actually can't make it tonight, really sorry. I'll get a copy of the book and I'll be there next time. Is it July 10th that ye're meeting up next?

Sorry folks, I won't be able to make this evening due to travelling on Friday, there's too much to organise yet, and time has started flying at the speed of light...

Enjoy, I'll see ye all end of August I guess! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Little My

Hi - just wondering if you are meeting this evening?

Hi!

No meeting tonight,a few of the group are away on holidays and travels for a few weeks so we will be back in action in couple of weeks but do stay in touch and come along!

Hi!

No meeting tonight,a few of the group are away on holidays and travels for a few weeks so we will be back in action in couple of weeks but do stay in touch and come along!

Just wondering what the next book is, does anyone know? I'm hoping to make it to the next meeting. Will the date be posted up here?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭cheeseofdoom

Hi all,

Is there a bookclub meeting tomorrow or are most of the regulars still away on holiday etc.?

Marie.

Hi all,

Is there a bookclub meeting tomorrow or are most of the regulars still away on holiday etc.?

Marie.

Was wondering that myself. Only back a couple of days. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sin e5

Hi!

Hi I would like to join the book club where do ye meet up in galway city? whats your next book. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 sin e5

hi when is your next meeting. are new members welcome? is it on in the cottage?

Advertisement