Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celeb spotting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭deemy

saw that blond one from head to toe or whatever that sh*te is called now yesterday. she was having breakfast on the table next to me in a place in clonakilty yesterday. I cooked for john hume once in a competition up in donegal. before they anounced the winner he came round and shook everyones hand and had a few words. he said he liked my food the best. i only came second:( kathryn thomas was in front of us in the queue in dublin airport the sat. morning before new years eve. With a guy and he was massive. Must be a bouncer or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

deemy wrote: »
    kathryn thomas was in front of us in the queue in dublin airport the sat. morning before new years eve. With a guy and he was massive.

Traffic cop in An Garda Siochana but how come he had nothing on in the middle of Dublin Airport!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Various members & ex-members of the Irish Rugby team on a regular basis for drinks, along with several current members of the Leinster Rugby team also for drinks (cos us rygby types are committed alco's first & foremost!) :D

Jenson Button in Barcelona airport after a grand prix in Spain (very VERY nice chap, gives time of day to people), that kid Devon whatshisface fom the Harry Potter movies in my local (becoming more regular), & eh Bertie in Fagan's having a pint ...... :D

:::: ven0mous ::::

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭TEDDYBEAR90

About 9 years ago,When I was working in Cannes i used to drink in a little irish pub there. I got chatting to some english writers and they told me that the lads from Oasis were always in there. A few mins later they walked in and i was introduced to Liam gallagher. He was friendly. but was later kicked out for smashing glasses over the balcony.:D So rock and roll!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Met several famous soccer players, not just Irish one's. Kevin Kilbane was the soundest.

Bono - talks the same daft rhetoric in person as he does when there's a microphone on him.

Eric Clapton - very nice guy.

A few from Fair City and Alan Stanford from Glenroe - nothing too exciting.

Gay Byrne - briefly

Tony Fenton - Really thinks he's "it"!!

George Murphy - So what?

Alex Higgins - Freak show!

The gorgeous blonde one who used to (or still does????) read the news on TV3

The girls from former girl group Bellefire - Kelly Kilfeather was the only genuine one. The Newell sisters, both up themselves!

Katherine Thomas in a bar in Carlow - totally trying her best to be noticed!

DJ Carey - very nice fella.

Tiger Woods - From a distance outside The Gay, I mean, 'K' Club

Was on a flight to New York with a famous American actress - But I'm so bad at remembering names I couldn't tell you who it was!

I'm sure there was more but I can't think!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Eric Clapton - very nice guy.
    I've met him twice as well and I'd say the same about him...

Also met George Harrison's son Dhani...nice as well

John O'Shea, Rio Ferdinand...both sound also...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Fordey100

i met Lincon in Prison Break at the airport ages ago...(yer man who was on tubridy the other night)..he seemed really sound,posed 4 pics and all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Niamh-17

The Irish Actor Patrick Bergin (He was in Sleeping with the Enemy with Julia Roberts) came to our house a few times...and i minded his daughter lol

I also saw Ronnie Drew walking around my village

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Serpentine

Sinead O'Connor

Lisa Kudrow (in Topshop)

Dave Fanning (heh "celebrity")

Chris Pontius AKA Partyboy

That actor from Babe & LA Confidential James something

Phil Lynott's mum (who is sooo nice)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭hamnegg

Jack Charlton, when i was 9, refused to wash my head cause he patted me on it.

Gemma Atkinson, (refused to wash me knob cause she rubbed up against in on purpose), back to reality, she was on the lunchtime flight Dublin to Manchester bout 4 weeks ago.

Alan Kennedy, Liverpool legend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Carol_1985

I saw Gabriel Byrne standing outside a pub in Galway having a smoke. Saw Rod Stewart In Dublin Airport. Have also met the Irish rugby team!

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭tunner

I used to rent a place in castleknock and I got home late one night and when I got up to take a piss the next morning whi was coming out of the jacks. One of the kaneswarens (not sure which one younger one i'd say), wearing a knickers and tshirt..My mate had pulled her! Many a lonely night I thought of that:D She was seeing him for a while then but not for long....

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Elba101

I saw th Hoff in the Airport and, i'm ashamed to say, i followed him until i got infront of him then tured back just so i could see him....wasn't worth it either! His orange leathery complection and super human height make him some what of a specticle...

Made my day:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Show_me_Safety

i saw kate moss in soho the night of her birthday (well just glimpses and mostly because of the paps surrounding her anyway)
    i saw the edge at the RHCP concert a couple of years back
    most recently i saw fionnula from project catwalk in temple bar and rosanna davison in dundrum the night before!
    met BB contestant spiral in barcode and samantha mumba in panto before she was famous.

and my fave...
    TWINK is my parents neighbour!!!! i love her!
    theres also some fair city actors and rte people round where they live.

oh yeah, met kelly osbourne, sinead o connor and johnny knoxville in the shop i used to work in...plus loads of musicians who i never knew but "were famous" apparently...

errrrrrrrrrm, i think thats it...jimmy nesbitt...shirley temple bar...irish "celebs"

x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Lulabelle

Colin Farrell
    Angelina Jolie
    Val Kilmer
    all at the afterparty of Alexander in Vicar St

Sat beside Sharon Stone in a restaurant in California

Gerard Butler, Lisa Kudrow, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Hilary Swank when they were over filming PS I Love You, Cathy Bates was on my flight from LA to Dublin as well to film the sam film.

Shayne Ward, Westlife, Louis Walsh, Keith Duffy, Kerry Katona, McFly

Wee Man from Jackass when I was working in California

etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

My family and I go on holidays to South of France.

My parents walked past Bono and Gavin Friday in St.Tropez and I saw Pamela Anderson there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Zipp101

r3nu4l wrote: »
    I heard a computerised voice talking behind me, turned around and there was Prof Steven Hawking and his nurses sitting there staring up at the screen :)

Did you tell him to shut up?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Ethan Suplee, from my name is earl, is over in dublin at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I have met and had several chats with Goldie and David Bowie after my father was in a film with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭claireloopy

richie kav at the ploughing match and hector!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sillyputty

Saw Sinead O Connor in the Duty Free at Dublin airport recently - a lot smaller than i imagined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 fjdevine

On holiday in California I met Caprice, the original Huggy Bear, Carson Daly and Xzibit...

Met David Walliams on Grafton street and Robinho in a Manchester hotel!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Most famous person I've seen is Delta Goodrem, out shopping with Brian's mammy in Dublin a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

I haven't met/spotted any major A-listers or anyone like that, but...

Met Gerry Ryan when I was small and he was filming an episode of 'School Around The Corner' in a hospital years ago. All I can remember was that he seemed really tall, I shook his hand (my father lifted me up to shake hands with Gerry, which is grand when you're a small child, obv.), and that he smelled nice! :pac:

Stood a few feet away from Graham Norton in Trafalgar Square in London before. He clocked that I recognised him and sort of shot me a steely look that meant, "Don't approach any further, you b@stard". He seemed to be with a bunch of gay-looking men as well.

Met Dave Fanning at Heathrow a few years ago and got his autograph. In fairness,he was a very nice bloke. He said he was on his way to New York to interview George Clooney.

Met the singer Declan O' Rourke after his an in-store Virgin Megastore/Zavvi/whatever they're calling it now gig. Got his autograph and had my photo taken with him. Sound bloke. Poor fella was reeeallly hungover tho. ;)

Spotted Today FM's Ian Dempsey when I was queuing for the portaloos at Oxegen a couple of years ago. He looked like he was waiting for a friend/colleague to emerge from one of the loos. :D

Was queuing behind Cork hurler Sean Og O' Hailpin at Heuston Station before. Tall bloke. People recognised him and he was chatting happily away to them. Nice fella.

Oh, I sat a couple of chairs away from Des Bishop in an internet cafe in Cork a few years ago. He was talking to the staff and seemed friendly, but I had the impression he didn't want to be approached by anyone otherwise.

Had dinner in a restaurant a few tables away from the singer John Spillane last year. He spent the full hour or so conversing in Irish with his buddy.

Can't remember who else of note that I've met/spotted...

richie kav at the ploughing match and hector!!

LOL :D

"Aon focail, dha focail. Two focail eile, and I not know no focail at all..!"

HEC-TORRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SV wrote: »
    I have met and had several chats with Goldie and David Bowie after my father was in a film with them.

F*ck, thats really A-LISTER. Cool.

flanzer wrote: »
    Met a certain member of Take That who was the first band member to go solo in the airport in 1998. The most arrogant obnoxious cnut I've ever meet. I was working as a cashier in the Duty Free and he bought a pair of Police sunglasses off me and the credit card machine took slightly longer than usual to authorize and he started fcukin and blinding saying that he had a 'fcuking unlimited limit on the card' A couple of girls asked him for his autograph while he was at the till and he said 'he hadn't the fcuking time and was in a rush to catch a flight', yet he was waiting for the authorization!! A complete a$$hole!

Blobbie Williams has always seemed like he resides in his own arse permanently, so I'm not surprised he was a saucy f*cking boll1x that (or any other) time, tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Oh I had a day of meeting the superstars the other day. Met Nuala Carey (yes THE Nuala Carey!!) in Donnybrook around lunchtime. She's kinda hot. Then wait for this blockbuster...Joe O'Shea on the bus. Plus he drank a Capri Sun. My God they are almost like us regular folk.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

Didn't see him, but Elton John is in the Mount Falcon Hotel in Ballina for the weekend performing. The whole place is closed for a wedding. Even members of the leisure centre aren't allowed into the grounds.

• Advertisement

Didn't see him, but Elton John is in the Mount Falcon Hotel in Ballina for the weekend performing. The whole place is closed for a wedding. Even members of the leisure centre aren't allowed into the grounds.

I'm not surprised because Elton John is a very private,control-fixated bloke. Still,thats a bit of a stretch for the leisure centre members to be prohibited from entering the grounds. I suppose the profit made from the entire leisure centre's members is tuppence compared 2 what the hotel are gonna make from this lavish wedding.

Advertisement