Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celeb spotting

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭shivvyban

Was crossing the Ha'penny bridge yesterday and saw Brendan Courtney. Stupidly I did a double take (I'm an idiot I know!) and he looked all chuffed... ick ick ick...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

I worked in Selfridges one summer in college and met a few, though had to play it cool for work purposes....

Will young asked me where the bathrooms were. He was very polite.

I asked Brendan Gleeson if he'd like a hand with anything (he was going through the trousers, and we did that with everyone). He looked very taken aback, but was polite. He scuttled away shortly after that. If I hadn't known who he was, I'd have taken him for a shoplifter.

I helped Salaman Rushdie buy new trousers. I was tasked with giving him the bad news that he needed a larger size than he thought - do great writers all develop fat backsides? However, he was very pleasant. The best part was that I brought him over to a till where an ultra-radical muslim (he prayed daily for the welfare of Osama Bin Laden) was ringing in the numbers. I only made the connection after passing him over.....

I'm still annoyed about the ones I missed - apparently Ricky Gervais (who came in an hour after I finished my shift) was a total legend.

I also saw Ralph Fiennes in Gruel once. He looked fairly annoyed about something, so I didn't disturb him :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Myself and the hubby had a few drinks with Eddie Hobbs in a bar in Ennis, I think Eddie got a little bit tired of the hubby hounding him for advise on making money. He really does mind his money, the hubby bought him 3 drinks and he only bought me one in return, hes got a foul mouth off the camera too, but overall he was good company and quite funny at times

Ah yeah, Eddie's grand (had cause to meet him a few times). Bit of an odd one and the kind of guy who'll ask what you mean rather than nod along if you're talking ****e. But a good egg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 NikkiXxX

I met Ricky Hatton in Tenerife 3 years ago..He's so small :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭suzieb

NikkiXxX wrote: »
    I met Ricky Hatton in Tenerife 3 years ago..He's so small :)

Not anymore he's not :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 NikkiXxX

How come?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Milly82

Was down Grafton street earlier and seen a bunch of screaming people outside the 02 shop. Pixie Lott was on her way in to launch a new phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,066 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Saw Stephen Roche the other day.

getting old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭powerfade

Bit random, but in Vietnam last year met Stephen Merchant in Hanoi, very nice guy in fairness. Then in Ho Chi Minh a month later me and 2 buddies spent the night boozing with Christian Karembeu.

Couple of months ago, gang of us were down in Old Head of Kinsale playing golf, Pippa o'Connor and Brian Ormond were there for a photo shoot for RSVP, when we were walking downstairs they were coming up, just as they pass, one of the boys shouts "dunno what all the talk is about she's not that great", so everyone could hear, he's a messer but that was outrageous even for him!!

At French game in Croker Sat night, saw, Ray Darcy, Karl Spain and Packie Bonnar, got photo with Packie, still a legend!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 lockie83

I actually meet Karl Spain after a comedy gig he did, he stayed around for ages, was dead on and just acted like one of the lads on a night out a great laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

powerfade wrote: »
    Couple of months ago, gang of us were down in Old Head of Kinsale playing golf, Pippa o'Connor and Brian Ormond were there for a photo shoot for RSVP, when we were walking downstairs they were coming up, just as they pass, one of the boys shouts "dunno what all the talk is about she's not that great", so everyone could hear, he's a messer but that was outrageous even for him!!
    Z listers tbh.
    lockie83 wrote: »
    I actually meet Karl Spain after a comedy gig he did, he stayed around for ages, was dead on and just acted like one of the lads on a night out a great laugh.
    Is Karl Spain a celeb :confused:

Has two series on RTE, "Karl Spain want a woman" and "Karl Spain wants to rock" and has featured on "The Panel" and several other RTE shows, he's more of a celeb than most of the people on Celebrity reality tv shows!!

Has two series on RTE, "Karl Spain want a woman" and "Karl Spain wants to rock" and has featured on "The Panel" and several other RTE shows, he's more of a celeb than most of the people on Celebrity reality tv shows!!
    Is this the same Karl Spain that had a show trying to get his leg over? Im sure he cant leave his house with the papparazzi wanting a piece of him :p

I never stated he was an A-List Celeb, but he still is a Celeb and the thread is called Celeb spotting!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

Well in that case i met Brendan Kilkenny once

And I got critized for calling Karl Spain a celeb!! :P

Most people in Dublin have met him, he uses the DART quite a bit :)

Not sure if he qualifies for celeb though :o
    lol :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

Sizzler wrote: »

I never stated he was an A-List Celeb, but he still is a Celeb and the thread is called Celeb spotting!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BMollie

Brendan Kilkenny used to work in the social welfare...He was so tight with his money he used to hate to have to pay for his teabreaks.

Brendan Kilkenny used to work in the social welfare...He was so tight with his money he used to hate to have to pay for his teabreaks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

I was at Frankfurt airport with my wife flying back to Dublin : we went through the departure gate and in to a bus to bring us to our plane.
    The bus was ready to taxi across to the aeroplane when it was stopped for a last minute passenger.

Colin Farrell.

I was standing by the door when he boarded the bus - and we had a 10 min drive to the plane.
    Lots of the women on the bus were pretty excited to see CF : in fairness he got lots of requests for autographs from teenage kids and he signed them all.
    We ended up sitting beside him on the plane for the flight home.

Nice bloke.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

I went to school with Breffny Morgan...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

I hope he didn't eat your Walker's Crisps. :D

Yeah that sounds about right alright

there were CLIFFS! Why didnt she make use of them?! :mad: :p

FCUK OFF! :eek: Are you serious? Did you talk to him or anythin? Did it look like he was on his hols, or what? He was a well-known, high profile actor even then,like, before he played The Joker and tragically died, and all.

My sis used to share a house with a girl who was originally from Dingle. Her family ran (and still do, i think) a guesthouse down there. This girl said that Julia Roberts stayed there with them for a few weeks (until the paparazzi found her) to get away, following her very public break-up with Kiefer Sutherland at the time. This girl told my sis that she remembers standing n their kitchen at home numerous times chatting away to Julia, who was really lovely and down-to-earth apparently. This girl (can't remember her name :() was only a child at the time and didnt fully realise who Julia Roberts was until a couple of years later. But how cool is that?! :)

She was a good friend of my friends father. She used to stay sometimes in the town I'm from. He lived in a 3bd semi-d at the time. I remember shooting the breeze one day in his living room while she was drinking tea in the kitchen and Jason Patrick was out playing heads and volleys with the local street urchins

Baza210 wrote: »
    I went to school with Breffny Morgan...
    Hope he didn't give you too much BLASTA :rolleyes:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

Most of my mates have met/seen Breffmeister at this stage, he's all over Dublin these days!! Whatta hero/ride

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I've met DeVore

beat that

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

was drinking with the guys from ndubz a few weeks ago in lillies!!theyre a bit pervy and were surrounded by slutty women to say the least!!!i couldnt have even told them the name of one of their songs either lol!!
    we actually had more fun with their staff that were with them to be honest!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

I saw the Brefmeister on Grafton Street last week with a green and white stripy scarf around him, I wanted to take him home with me for my mum!

Also saw Michelle Heaton in House of Fraser this week with the fellah!
    Was so tempted to trip her up and watch her fall over again.
    But I'm too nice and cowardly.

I saw the Brefmeister on Grafton Street last week with a green and white stripy scarf around him, I wanted to take him home with me for my mum!

Also saw Michelle Heaton in House of Fraser this week with the fellah!
    Was so tempted to trip her up and watch her fall over again.
    But I'm too nice and cowardly.

;) Bref is probably getting ready for the World Cup with the scarf ...and he'll be shouting for Ireland -:confused: - And he's ordered 200 cases of BLASTA..i hear!:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,249 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I don't know how true this is but a friend of my mum was telling her that someone she knows that knows someone else (ok this sounds totally made up already!) who was working in a hotel somewhere in ireland as a cleaner/maid or whatever you call them and that one day someone ordered room service for breakfast so she went up with whatever the person ordered anyway (it was in the morning) and knocked on the door - was told to come in - went in and WHO do you think was in the bed???.............................GEORGE CLOONEY:eek:!! She said he was really nice - I bet he was....:D!! Lucky b**ch!

Advertisement