Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celeb spotting

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 niara

panda100 wrote: »
    Spotted anyone famous recently? If so...spill the dirt!

Already this week I have jogged beside the russian one from Fair city in my gym and spotted Linda Martin in my local Spar. It does help living in Donnybrook!

Linda Martin had bout an inch of war paint on. Dont think she's heared of the phrase 'growing old gracefully'.

Yes, I met Tim Curry in London after seeing Spamalot at the Palace Theatre. I was not disappointed. He is a gentleman of the highest order. He told us he was taking a break for a while to have surgery on his foot. He's so down to earth, after chatting with us he wished us a good night and strolled across the road in to a cafe.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Solarball10

Pfffft. The only "celebs" I've had the pleasure of seeing are a couple of actors from Ros Na Run walking around Shop Street in Galway! Quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭sgt.bilko

While working in a DIY Store of all places:

Bonzo , sorry meant yer man with the shades (Paul Hewson)
    Brian Ormond buying filler as his smile was broken
    Damon Hill ( A genetleman & I have a great story about him !)
    Sheena Keane (Ultra babe from RTÉ)
    Lucy Kennedy
    Kerry McFadden (in her previous life)
    Phil Coulter
    Claudia Shiffer & Naomi Campbell buying a BBQ. Naomi goes up to the boss looking for a discount. Throws a strop when her request is declined, "Don't you know who I am?" , boss replies " No, Miss Campbell, I don't know who you are!" Classic
    And to top it all , PAT THE PLANK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Used to work for the husband of Russian Fair City wan.
    He is an arrogant tosspot and she is a bit crazy. They suit each other.

Other than that, I've met Keith Floyd & Trevor Brennan (Irish rugby player) & Brian O'Driscoll.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ang

I saw Ben Stiller at 'The Ivy' resturant in Los Angeles. He was sitting outside with his wife, I was waiting outside to get a table. I really wanted to go over to him to get his autograph but I decided I better not!! 'The Ivy' is very small inside, nothing special, don't understand why so many celebs go there!!!

My friends and I went to Hollywood Boulevard to do some shopping and we saw the director John Singleton being awarded a star on the walk of fame. Ike Turner and Jon Voight were also there.

Juliette Lewis in the Viper Room on Sunset Strip, she was performing with her band.

Samantha Mumba years ago in St. Stephens Green Shopping Centre when I worked in a shop there. She came in and ran back out when a few young teenagers recognised her!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭gerk86

don from 'draw with don'

/thread

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I met Caroll Spinney today in work(Shannon Airport), he was the voice of Oscar the Grouch and Big Bird on Sesame Street. He had Oscar is his hand luggage, he took it out and put on a show for us. I swear to god, the coolest thing ive ever seen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Rawr! wrote: »
    AWH I'd love to meet Jamelia. She does seem really on telly and interviews and stuff...

Yeah she's alovely girl when she's not "talking bout bein a gangsta" and telling people to "big up the blood brothers".This being a reference to her support for a notorious gang of murderers called the Burger Bar Boys.
    Anyhoo..i've met Billy Connolly,Bono(to my shame),Barry Norman,David Bellemy,Lenny Henry,Stephen Dwarf,sorry Dorf,Shane mcGowan,Chris deBurgh,Wendy JAmes out of Transvision Vamp(i shagged her too!),Amanda Brunker,Emer Quin the singer,Oliver Read,Alex Higgins,the bass player out of Sonic Youth and a few more i cant remember.

sgt.bilko wrote: »

I think very little of Damon Hill, tell us your story.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

sgt.bilko wrote: »
    Yes, yes, yes, we all know he's The Stig.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 BricanaBarbie

Daniel O'Donnell came into a shop i was working in last year in kk..had the jumper tied neatly around his neck..i was so star struck i had to get someone else to serve him..! gail kaneswaren and that personal trainer from the health squad also came into that shop..met daniel again at the airport..!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭gucci

Will ferell (ron burgendy etc.) was in Eamonn Farells Pub in Longford on Saturday night.......Seriously....my friend met him and had his picture taken with him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

The Irish footballl team when I was a kid, Mick McCarthy FTW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭gillyfromlyre

Myself and the hubby had a few drinks with Eddie Hobbs in a bar in Ennis, I think Eddie got a little bit tired of the hubby hounding him for advise on making money. He really does mind his money, the hubby bought him 3 drinks and he only bought me one in return, hes got a foul mouth off the camera too, but overall he was good company and quite funny at times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭flonge

Did any one else see Will Ferrell anywhere in the South east he's apperently travelling around the place?!

Nope. But I did see Samantha Mumba about five years ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

i've met quite a few or seen them when i went to college in San Diego. I've no interest in them at all. But Matt Damon bought me and a mate a drink. He was at the bar and i noticed him. So i just said all right to him and walked away back to my table. he came over a while after and asked if i was Irish and said he has Irish ancestry etc. He was saying it was unusual for him not to be mobbed and it was great to be just seen as a normal person. he had paid for our next round when my mate went the bar which was fair play.

Xzibit is also really sound. He stopped when our car broke down on the way to vegas and he gave us a lift. also gave us tickets to his show and backstage passes. had some craic backstage and made great use of the free bar.

and britney spears is a c*nt. we were in subway and this big black guy comes in and starts to ask people would they mind waiting outside and let britney go ahead and order in peace. all the americans were all like oh it's britney, yeah she can go ahead of me and walked outside. but i was like f*ck that, who does she think she is. he couldn't understand why i wasn't dropping to my knees in awe of her. didn't see her though. i assume she was in the tinted escalade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭KIVES

I used to drink in the same pub as the piano player in The Boomtown Rats - he was a gentleman sober but when he had consumed a few swift halves he'd be banging away on the old piano and he only knew about 5 songs...you'd go along with the charade for the first couple but then he'd be mobbed by disgruntled punters and ejected from the pub - he never learned his lesson even though they made a foolish attempt to cover/hide the piano with fake shrubbery - he'd have a good few in him and trying to play 'Rat Trap' and plastic deraniums falling down round his ankles...a truly surreal sight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I live near Boston, and today I had my first major celebrity sighting. When I walked into my gym, I saw Steven Tyler of Aerosmith. He was yelling at someone who had walked out behind me - not like, angry yelling, just telling them to do something. And then he saw me looking at him like, wtf? (as in wtf - Steven Tyler!?), but I guessed he figured I was staring because he was yelling, and he said, "Oh I'm sorry" and stopped yelling and walked out after the person.
    I walked up to the counter to check and I asked the girl, "Is that who I think it is?" and she said, "He's in a bad mood today. And yes, that's him."
    It was so fantastically random.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

I saw jlo coming walking down grafon st about 4years ago, she was with 2 bodyguards, nobody noticed her. expect for me bell end. :):):):)

i also met party boy.. who is very boring i had a few drinks with him, its a total act for the tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

On Saturday I saw Hugh Fearnly-Whiitingstall (sp?) in Dublin Airport following his Late Late Show appearance on Friday night :)

Interestingly, that's the second Late Late guest I've seen in the airport, Patrick Stewart was the last one, I mentioned that earlier in the thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

Got a photo taken with Chris Tarrant in Dublin Airport a few years ago, very nice man. Seen Ray D'arcy near the Jervis Luas stop last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭tampopo

Emma O'Kelly recently and Kathryn Thomas in late December on Armagh Road Crumlin who was wearing a beret or some sort of hat. She looked Brazilian from afar, but too much make up as I passed on me bike. maybe it was just a good tan, she does travel a bloody lot, lucky her, except for the jetlag.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Last year I was in Warsaw with a few other lads. About to board the flight home but who do we see in the departure lounge but RTE's rugby commentry hero. On the bus to the plane we sit at the back of the bus and the other lads start quoting the Ross O Carroll Kelly books basically ripping the p8ss out of Ryle. Of course guess who's stading in front of us. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Yeah so annyway I was having a coffee last night dere with a bud and he points out that some famous model type young wan was in the coffee shop, daughter of the stumpy troll chris de burgh apparently. Which is suprising as she's blonde and wouldnt have any trouble changing lightbulbs by the look of her. Nicely turned out set of ankles all the same

And then when we're driving off yer wan glenda whasserface (ye know her: mad eyebrows, lives in the evening heddild) comes sauntering past without so much as a by your lave.

I was just having a coffee like. I wish these famous feckers would respect peoples privacy :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 WannaST

I have to say I love the one about meeting Carroll Spinney, how amazing was that... how'd you recognise him?

Used to travel back and forth to the UK with work, and spent a fair bit of time sitting around Terminal1...
    Gordon Brown hand-cuffed to the biggest brief-case you've ever seen, and a small troop of armed special branch around him...
    Denise Van Outen with pink hair
    Des Lynam (much taller than you'd think)
    Went drinking with a friend and hung out with the twins from Hollyoaks (Mel & Sophie) - lovely girls
    Sat at table next to DJ Spooney and his posse of hanger-oners, not so nice.

Recently had lunch in same resturant as Pat Shortt and family. He seemed down to earth, there was no ****e about him. Signed autographs for those that asked.

I could mention a Page3 party I was at back in the late 90's but I don't think people would believe me... ;)

Wife and I shook hands with David Beckham and Paul Scholes at Old Trafford, they chatted about the game and we're sound out. (I'm a L'pool fan and the wife is a Manc, I mean, United fan!). Paul posed for a picture with us... but Becks got caught out by a couple who did the "can we get a photo please?”, Becks says sure, and the guy hands him the camera and poses with his wife… some of the minders thought it was hysterical and Beckham in fairness cracked a smile too… :D

I bought Charlie Haughey a pint at a young Fine Fail gig in Wexford, still didn't get that planning permission though!

Bonnie Packer(sp?), oh yeah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

britney spears is a c*nt. we were in subway and this big black guy comes in and starts to ask people would they mind waiting outside and let britney go ahead and order in peace. all the americans were all like oh it's britney, yeah she can go ahead of me and walked outside. but i was like f*ck that, who does she think she is

Is this a wind-up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

On my annual Crimbo trip to the Big Smoke, I was utterly star struck. First I saw that guy from Your a Star, you know the weird guy with the crazy assed blonde mullet. Then in Dundrum, I saw Ray from Fair City! Wowo! Also, last week at work, I served the guy who used to do the voice of Oisin the dog on the Disney Club.

Advertisement