Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celeb spotting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

"Trinty":eek:

There you have it now - we've a new university, "Trinty"

dear oh dear

Yeah, yeah. Sorry my typing isn't absolutely fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭potty pete

faceman wrote:
    wow some great stuff on this thread. heres mine.

I got a kiss (on the cheek) from anna friel in judge roy beans one night after myself and a friend "rescued her" from some freaky fans.

I met james hetfield from metallica on grafton street with his missus some years ago. nice bloke, prefers burgerking to mcdonalds.

met yer man who sings for manic street preachers in bruxelles pub few years back (cant remember his name now). Hes tiny but a good laugh after a few beers.

Met neil diamond in stephens green in the rain. Nice guy, shoite singer

was on a plane with paul burrell just before celebrity show he did.

met anthony minghella after he release the english patient. True gentleman.

Still my fav celeb story is this and unfortunately is wasnt me. My mate's uncle is a massive movie buff, pals with jim sheridan and that. he was out for dinner with his missus in city centre one day and at a table nearby is james caan and colm meaney. Being a movie buff but not an intruder, he asked the waiter to send a bottle of whatever the boys were drinking to their table but not to tell them who it was from. You can imagine what happened next, they demanded to know and came over to thank him and asked why he did it. He told him it was his way of showing his fandom for their work. so they pulled up a chair and had a few drinks. It got embarrassing for him when his wife told meaney he was great in Rob Roy!!! (he wasnt in Rob Roy!)

James Dean Bradfield

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Peter Collins

Me brother saw Red Hurley in Coman's in Rathgar one night. He shouts over "Red! Red!"

Red sees him and waves over. The brother goes "Red! Do this!" and starts waving his hands in circle a la Joe Dolan.

Red shouts back "Why the f*ck would I do that" and heads off to the jacks....priceless stuff

My best celeb meeting was Fortycoats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

My best celeb meeting was Fortycoats

Seriously?! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Chillwithcian

Ive met your woman Nula off RTE who presents the weather and the girl off the perlico advert/fair city!!! Wowwwwww!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Peter Collins

MayMay wrote:
    Seriously?! :eek:

Yeah...he was glugging champagne in the Ivy with Gervais, Bowie and Ross

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Me brother saw Red Hurley in Coman's in Rathgar one night.

i support red hurley and yer wan rebecca storm at a charity gig years ago. Funny had forgotten that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Justin Timberlake in the K Club in Straffan, Co Kildare at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

The infamous Martin Johnson was on the rugby pitch in Trinity today playing tag-rugby with some Brits and Yanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ladilia

Saw Paris Hilton on Grafton St. in November and met PJ Gallagher and Tommy Tiernan

also saw Shane from Westlife in boots today! haha my friend stalked him and hugged him and cried (she's obsessed with westlife)

also when i was younger, my nana and i were in town and Bono opened a door for us haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Ladilia

that makes me seem like some sort of stalker doesn't it....

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sambora

I've met Kevin Spacey a few times, Matt Lucas & David Walliams, Adam Brody, Pat Kenny, Keith Duffy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

I met Tony Blair in Old Trafford in 1994.

We were on a junket in the corporate box, tanked up on free champagne at 11am on a Saturday when in walks TB with two serious looking minders.

Even then, and in my baloubous state, I remember thinking the guy was false to the point of being oily and uncomforable to be around.

I shook his hand and said that I never shook hands with a PM before and winked (he was in opposition at the time) and I noticed the two plain-clothes special branch minders either side of him bristle a little at the sound of my Irish accent (was the year of Arndale Centre IRA bomb in Manchester) and he just laughed and said "yes yes yes very good".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 serena06

this is the second day in a row i see colin farrell. i thought he was taller!

I would kill to see him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

Scored mondo from fair city (before he was mondo) on hols one time.
    Met Michael Barrymore in the porterhouse a few months ago.
    Met Dean Gaffney and Gus from eastenders a few years ago (sleazy f*cks!).
    And yesterday I saw Orlaith from fair city although i only spotted her in the distance!

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mcauley

i rode mark mccabe

Absolute Classic :D

/wonders: why would you tell anyone??!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

i saw katie holmes and tom cruise and there baby a few weeks ago in la and they let me hold suri it was cool

Would ya g'way outta that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Lynibeth

I saw the beautiful, glorious Gay Byrne on Grafton street last week.. Phwoar! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

On my honeymoon flight I saw McKenzie of Celebrity Big Brother and Blazing Squad (remember them) "fame".

I actually ended up feeling sorry for him. He was with his girlfriend, flying on Virgin Atlantic (economy) but he spent most of the flight kneeling in his seat and looking out to see who had noticed him. He also spent a lot of time trying to attract attention by talking with the flight crew. Kind of sad to see the attention-whoring he was doing.

Ah well, he's obviously trying to work his "fame"...didn't get him an upgrade though :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 inspiron77

Lynibeth wrote:
    I saw the beautiful, glorious Gay Byrne on Grafton street last week.. Phwoar! :p
    How lucky are you :-) I wish if i can see angelina jolie on the road :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Lynibeth

Angelina Jolie is no comparison to Gay Byrne :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭niavie

i worked with ryan tubridy and pat kenny in rte on my work experience...:rolleyes: and i met the kings of leon after an awards show:D

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

i saw sonia o sullivan today on lr mount street out side my hoffice :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

I went ski-ing in Andora with Rita from Fair city in 1999, and I was in the queue behind Jane Asher in a supermarket in London in 1993 when I lived there. Oh, recently you asked? Sorry, I don't get very far these days (3 small kids).

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Buttons_sb

Met the McFly guys, so sound, really nice guys.

Aaand might aswell throw in i saw Jimmy from Fair City, on my flight to Paris a few weeks ago. Mondo a few times and your man from harry potter, the irish kid, and Jimmy Carr actually on Dame street. Hmm, more then i thought.

Parents were takling to Keith Duffy in Monaco at the grand prix aswell.

Oh and the Sugababes in London in House Of Frasier, they were doing a photo shoot. Christ im on a roll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I met Jimmy from Faircity in Boomerangs a few weeks ago.

Met all of Westlife once and Nicky about a million times.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I saw Keira Knightly while visiting Chatsworth House in the Peak District last Sunday. It was the last day of filming for her new film, "The Duchess". I only saw her in the distance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I think mondo might be the winner of the most spotted 'celeb' award.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

i met gary moore ( from thin lizzy ) and many other lizzy members over the years....

i worked on collins farrels house and met joe duffy on the street...

lifes fun :D

Advertisement