Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eShop Release List (Updated Every Thursday)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,466 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Cratermaze (TG16)
    Wave Race 64 (N64)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

WR64 is one of the few "great" N64 games that I never bought.

I'll have to correct that oversight :) I wonder how well it has aged?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭donkey 2002

I wish THQ would get on the bandwaggon I want their N64 wrestling games and Konami ISS

So those lucky SOBs Stateside got Super Metroid (along with the not-too-shabby Shinobi III and Neutopia).

Will we get Super Metroid this week, or will we have to wait until closer to the release of Corruption?

Neutopia and a couple of crap NES games.
    No sign of Super Metroid.

Booooooo.

• Advertisement

Bonk 3 (TG16)
    Vegas something-something (SNES) *

* Not its actual name, but who cares? Its not Super Metroid.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,880 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The yanks got the classic megadrive game Landstalker. Hopefully we are getting it soon.

Big megadrive week this week....

ESWAT
    Crack Down
    Ghouls 'n' Ghosts
    Shining in the Darkness
    Sonic 3

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,880 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nice haul this week from Sega. There's probably more games by Sega on the VC than Nintendo games.

ESWAT is great game.
    Ghouls n' Ghosts is a practically arcade perfect port of the brilliant arcade game
    Sonic 3 while not my favourite sonic is still a great game
    Haven't played Crackdown but heard it's quite good in co-op
    Shining in the Darkness looks gorgeous but is an old school dungeon crawler and I never really liked it at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Just wondering if any of you know if there's a chance of Zombies, or my neighbors or zombies or something like that (can't remember the exact name) getting released ever. Memories

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

I think Zombies Ate My Neighbours was listed as being rated some time ago so it'll probably show up at some point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭monkey tennis

Retr0gamer wrote:
    You really shouldn't let a small inconvenience like random battles stop you playing some of the finest games in existance

If they were indeed a minor inconvenience, I'd agree. But when you spend the significant majority of playtime in random battles, then it's a problem. I can't think of a single FF-style RPG that wouldn't have been improved by halving (or even thirding) the random battles, and adjusting the [insert relevant stat here] points appropriately.

Playing a game should not feel like work.
    FutureGuy wrote:
    I wonder how well it has aged?

I thought it was pants when it was first released, I won't be going back to it 10 years later!

There are buckets of great games from the N64 era, I hope they make better choices in future...

Mario Picross (SNES) - 900 points (!)
    Super Mario Lost Levels (NES) - 600 points (!)
    Neutopia 2 (TG16) - 600.

Note price hikes...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

I wonder if Killer Instinct will ever be released on VC??

Looks like we will be getting Sin and Punishment this month which was previously only available in Japan. Was willing to pay a lot for this game a while ago so it will save me some money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Gizzle

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Looks like we will be getting Sin and Punishment this month which was previously only available in Japan. Was willing to pay a lot for this game a while ago so it will save me some money.

What and Punishwho?? Rings a bell in the dark recesses of my soul for some reason....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

any word on micro machines?

I also see they are going to be releasing Turbografx Super CD games as well. Fingers crossed for Castlevania Dracula X: Rondo of Blood, Lords of Thunder and Gates of Thunder. Dracula X is coming to the PSP but the 3D makeover looks **** and you have to play through that to unlock the original game.
    Gizzle wrote:
    What and Punishwho?? Rings a bell in the dark recesses of my soul for some reason....

It's a japanese only N64 game by Treasure (you know, that small ex-Konami development team from japan that manages to pump out classic after classic and is responsible for gaming beauty such as Gradius V, Gunstar Heroes, Ikaruga, Radiant Silvergun, Silhouette Mirage, Dynamite Headdy and the uncharacteristically dreadful stretch panic but we all have our off days) that is supposedly super fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Gizzle

*lightbulb*

Cheers TmB and Retr0, that's the one. I remember reading about it in N64 magazine back in the day and thinking, "That looks swanky".

As a painful aside, did ye see Ikaruga is coming out on Xbox Live? :(

I'll probably still get it though, but I generally like to keep all the retro classics on my Wii.

• Advertisement

You could buy the gamecube version although you'll pay through the teeth for it.

Hope we see a saturn emulator on the VC with Nights and Radiant Silvergun.

It's nice Nintendo are releasing some japanese only games on the VC even if it looks like they are charging a little more than usual. Nice to finally get to play Sin and Punishment. I don't know if Nintendo actually translated S&P for the VC. I heard an American version was ready for release but nintendo decided not to publish it at the last minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Gintoki

Yes! sin and punishment! class game! Phew gotta get me a lotta points!! plus paper mario will compliment super paper mario nicely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Does anyone know if these price hikes are purely for the duration of this festival, or if they'll be the new prices for SNES games from now on?
    They were fairly overpriced in the first place:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭draken

World Champion Baseball, Ninja Gaiden and Ninja Jajamaru-kun...

Woo.

Had a look last night, and it wasn't even worth turning on my PC to come here and report them :)

At least we are guaranteed Gradius 3 and Sin and Punishment next week.

Ninja Gaiden is a buggy and lite weight clone of castlevania with some of the most horrendously and unnecessarily tough jumps in any video game (I spent literally 30 minutes trying to do just one jump in level 5 and gave up shortly afterwards).

Anyone know if the other ninja game is worth it, VC reviews says it's good.

Fook Halo 3. Sin & Punishment and Gradius 3 tonight. One official and one unofficial treasure game.

Predictably S&P absolutely rocks. Controls will take a bit of getting used to. Like all treasure games its fully english with jap subtitles.

It's probably the nicest looking N64 game ever.

I grabbed it this morning and played though the tutorial and first level. Found it a bit klunky and stiff. I'll play more, but I'm not sure it deserves all the praise its getting.

• Advertisement

It gets really good after a few levels and the scoring system is great. The game doesn't really suit the GC control pad so it took me a while to get used to it but when you do it's a great game for show offs. The sticky GC shoulder buttons are annoying, you have to press them right down or the game doesn't recognise it.

It's basically panzer dragoon orta except you aren't flying. The boss battles are crazy.

I'm sticking this game on the hardest difficulty level because I heard you can easilt breeze through the game.

Gradius 3 is definitely worth a download. It's not an arcade perfect port but thats probably a good thing. The main difference is that Gradius 3 in the arcade is quite possibly the hardest game ever created while the snes game can be beaten by mere mortals. There's an awful lot of slowdown since the SNES CPU was basically the same speed as a master system and many of the bosses that featured loads of sprites and the bubble level have been changed since the SNES couldn't have handled it. But it's still a classic Gradius game.

Advertisement