Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eShop Release List (Updated Every Thursday)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Well, aside from opinion this website reviews all VC releases... http://www.vc-reviews.com/available_now.php

You might get an answer there but keep in mind the Pricing Structure. You might only get one game you really want with 1300 points.

Good luck with your choice.

Super Metroid. Super Metroid. Super Metroid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Super Metroid.
    That is all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,823 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

4 games tonighf.

Samurai Ghost: Never heard of this one.
    Art of Fighting: very good SNK brawler but it's no samurai showdown.
    Sonic 3D: pretty poor game. Not worth it.
    Alien Soldier: Astonishingly good shooter from treasure which is basically one boss fight after another. Be warned that it's one of the toughest games ever (being crushed by the first boss within 2 minutes tough). A bargain for the price. It was never released in America and had a low print run so this game goes for silly prices on ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭draken

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    4 games tonighf.

Samurai Ghost: Never heard of this one.
    Art of Fighting: very good SNK brawler but it's no samurai showdown.
    Sonic 3D: pretty poor game. Not worth it.
    Alien Soldier: Astonishingly good shooter from treasure which is basically one boss fight after another. Be warned that it's one of the toughest games ever (being crushed by the first boss within 2 minutes tough). A bargain for the price. It was never released in America and had a low print run so this game goes for silly prices on ebay.

OMG, that game is soooo cool. I love the fight with the panther over that city at night (near the end).

The game became much easier once I found out that I could heal by dashing across the screen at the enemy bullets. (they leave healing triangle things).

Oh what other game I'd loe to be released is Stryder. Does anyone remember this one?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,823 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The yanks got Mario 3 last night. Hopefully we get my favouritest mario game ever on thursday (with samurai showdown)

• Advertisement

3 games tonight.

Power Golf: ???
    Blues Journey: Excellent platformer for neo geo unfortunately overshadowed by...
    Mario Bros. 3: What can I say, platform gaming perfection. Buy it you fools!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Mario Bros. 3: What can I say, platform gaming perfection. Buy it you fools!

Ah ok. Just did. P flight here I come

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Excellent! Sorry Retro, but its Blues Journey for me... played it alot in the arcade, played it alot in MAME, and now I want to play it alot on a big ass TV :)
    Still have the second highest all time score on MARP too....
    Can't wait to play this tonight!

I'm still awaiting Castlevania 3 and Samurai Showdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

WHY did i get super mario bros last week! if id known mario 3 would be so soon around the corner...
    my first and favourite game ever!

• Advertisement

Just double dribble on the nes. Nintendo can **** right off. Just because we got the ****ty mii contest doesn't mean you can skimp on the VC releases. Samurai Showdown better be up when I wake tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

Ah I like the steady trickle of games each week, I'm dreading there being no good ones left!
    I'd rather there be weeks with no good games than none left :(

At the rate nintendo are going at we will miss out on a load of classics. The list of rated games has included Castlevania 3, Axelay and a load of other classics that have been ready for release for over a year but have been snubbed in favour of rubbish like double dribble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

At the rate nintendo are going at we will miss out on a load of classics. The list of rated games has included Castlevania 3, Axelay and a load of other classics that have been ready for release for over a year but have been snubbed in favour of rubbish like double dribble.

I just want SNES mario kart

Smash 64 would do nicely but they'll probably wait till the week before brawl :mad:

Wii shop is fooked tonight. Will post tomorrow.

Worked for me last night. Nothing to write home about though. There was a KOF game on the TG16 and something else. Not very memorable (obviously) :)

It was bubble Bobble on the NES. Great game but there are better conversions on other consoles.

Will wait for a later version of KoF. '96 I've hear the one to wait for.

Still want Samurai Showdown :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,701 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

It was bubble Bobble on the NES. Great game but there are better conversions on other consoles.

Will wait for a later version of KoF. '96 I've hear the one to wait for.

IIRC, the "best" KOF game debate is split between KOFs 97 & 98.
    Maybe one of the later ones, too.

Still waiting for Last Blade / Garou: MotW :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Lol you need to sort this out man. Have not tried getting the emulation version?

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    IIRC, the "best" KOF game debate is split between KOFs 97 & 98.
    Maybe one of the later ones, too.

Still waiting for Last Blade / Garou: MotW :(

IMO '98 is the best of the old generation but XI is the best of the lot. And yes Garou rocks :D

• Advertisement

Have it on an emulator but I'd actually play the game if it was on a console hooked up to the tv. I'd also get more 2 player games.

We won't be seeing Garou for a while. I'd say they will release all the fatal fury games in sequence. Hope we get last blade quick enough then.

This weeks are:

Baseball stars 2
    and
    The dynastic hero

on the NEo Geo and Turbografx respectively. I've no interest in either. Wheres smash 64?

Very poor week. Dynastic Hero is just Wonderboy in Monsterland which was released already for the Megadrive and Baseball Stars 2 is, well a baseball game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Very poor week. Dynastic Hero is just Wonderboy in Monsterland which was released already for the Megadrive and Baseball Stars 2 is, well a baseball game.

Honestly, what are they playing at?

There are dozens of proper classics that people want.
    Why are they releasing games that were fairly bad the first time round

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

hey they put up both toejam and earl games so im happy :P and you cant go wrong with a bit of streets of rage now!!

Light Crusader (megadrive)
    Rolling Thunder 2 (megadrive)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

This says that Cybernator is up there! - has anyone checked?

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=89009

Please tell me it's so!

Wasn't there last night, but I assume Eurogamer aren't lying.. :)

Cybernator is an absolute classic. Should be picked up by everyone although the translated rom of the japanese version is an awful lot better.

Light Crusader I'm not too sure of. Never really played it but it's supposed to be Treasures worst game other than stretch panic. Some gorgeous graphical effects though like textured polygons on a MD game.

The arcade Roling Thunder 2 is pretty damn good, not sure about the MD version.

• Advertisement

Top Hunter (NeoGeo)
    Pokyermom Snap (N64)
    Megaman 2 (NES)

Advertisement