Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eShop Release List (Updated Every Thursday)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

ok this week we have Bloody Wolf for the turbografx and Kirbys Dream Course for the Super Nes....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Bloody wolf is a great Commando/Mercs clone while I haven't a clue about dream course but have the suspicion that it isn't so hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

VC games in Japan in July include Paper Mario, Wave Race 64 and Dynamite Heddy!

http://gonintendo.com/?p=20511

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Paper Mario would be very nice. PAL copies go for 100+ stingers on e-bay. Hope we get Air Zoink as well since it's another rarity, it's out in America at the moment. Wave Race would be nice especially if it's fullscreen and full speed like the rest of the VC N64 games, the PAL version was an absolute travesty.

Sequels, sequels, sequels....

Golden Axe 2, Sonic 2, Ecco 2 and Dragon Spirit.

• Advertisement

Golden Axe 2: Gets lots opf praise but it's only slighty better than the first, get SOr1 or 2 instead. Incredibly bland soundtrack.

Sonic 2: Best of all the sonic games, an absolutely briliant game that you will keep coming back to.

Ecco 2: More of the same, I actually liked this until I go horribly stuck halfway through in a level were I had to look for an orca's babies.

Dragon Sprit: Great shmup for the TG-16. Can't get enough of these games, love the TG-16 VC games :)

Air Zonk...

.... and Paper Mario !!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Ooh paper mario. Is it deffo worth buying, I have 2000 points just sitting waiting to be spent. Don't have a classic controller though... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

gettin paper mario tomorrow , good stuff nintendo!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

Paper Mario!!!

Now if only eircom would switch on my bloody broadband in my new house....grrrr.....

Something of this calibre would be released when I'm netless....

• Advertisement

2 games that are well worth the points. Not only are they extremely rare and go for ridiculous prices on ebay they are also fantastic games. Excellent. I'm off to get some Wii points.

SF2T Hyper Fighting (SNES)
    Silent Debuggers (TG16)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

TmB wrote:
    SF2T Hyper Fighting (SNES)

Finally. Worth the download or wait until they release Super SF2T?

According to Eurogamer, Metroid (NES) was added too (it wasn't there at 12 last night though).

Screw Metroid... give us Super Metroid! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

TmB wrote:
    According to Eurogamer, Metroid (NES) was added too (it wasn't there at 12 last night though).

Screw Metroid... give us Super Metroid! :)
    Aye, I didn't spot it last night either:confused:
    Already have Zero Mission, so I think I'll wait for Super Metroid...

Yep, stick to zero mission. Metroid has dated extremely badly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Gizzle

Paper Mario?! Where have you been all my life baby??!!

*cuddles*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Gah! Just spent 1000 points on paper mario not realising it was an RPG. hate it, just not my type of game. Thought it would be more like Super Paper Mario that is coming out for the Wii. Pity you can't swap games! :(

Kirbys Ghost Trap (SNES)
    Devils Crush (TG16)

Big fat meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

Upcoming VC games in Japan:
    July 31
    Wave Race64 1,000 Pts.
    Ghouls 'n Ghosts 600 Pts.
    Power Ring 4 600 Pts.

August
    Kekkyoku Nankyoku Daibouken 500 Pts.
    Super Mario USA 500 Pts.
    Volleyball 500 Pts.
    Spelunker 500 Pts.
    Street Fighter II Turbo 800 Pts.
    Otogirsou 800 Pts.
    Crackdown (SEGA) 600 Pts.
    Sonic the Hedgehog 3 600 Pts.
    ESWAT 600 Pts.
    Gradius 600 Pts.
    Image Fight 600 Pts.
    Adventure Island 600 Pts.
    Ordyne 600 Pts.
    Drop Lock Hora Hora 600 Pts.

Hallelulia! ESWAT was one of the best games ever and the game that persuaded me to purchase Cybernator cause of the "big robot suit with guns" factor. Wave Race - thank you nicely :)

• Advertisement

The yanks got the rather excellent, and rather bloody difficult Dynamite Headdy. Beware the last boss of ridiculous unfairness!

We get it this week too, Retro.

Dynamite Headdy (Megadrive)
    Shining Force (Megadrive)
    Shinobi III (Megadrive)
    Drop Off (TG16)

Nor at all bad this week. I'd snap up Shining Force if I hadn't beaten the GBA game so recently and Shinobi 3 is a great game but no Revenge of Shinobi unfortunately.

Breath of Fire II (SNES)
    Volleyball (NES)
    Galaga 90 (ITG16)

No Wave Race 64. I'm looking forward to that since the PAL version was butchered. Will be nice to play it fullscreen, full speed and through crisp scart.

Still BoF 2 more than makes up. A truly brilliant RPG. This time Capcom handled the translation themselves instead of Squaresoft so there's no dreadful Ted Woolsey translation.

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Still BoF 2 more than makes up. A truly brilliant RPG. This time Capcom handled the translation themselves instead of Squaresoft so there's no dreadful Ted Woolsey translation.

The rose tinted glasses are off. The translation sucks!

I looked it up, saw the dreaded words "random battle" and decided "nah".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

Retr0gamer wrote:
    The rose tinted glasses are off. The translation sucks!

How badly? I was looking forward to downloading it.

Not enough to ruin what a wonderful game it is.

You really shouldn't let a small inconvenience like random battles stop you playing some of the finest games in existance. I'd rather old school FF than the abominable FFXII or snoozefest KotoR.

• Advertisement

Hmm.. just played up to the title sequence in zsnes. Not bad at all....

Advertisement