Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eShop Release List (Updated Every Thursday)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

smokingman wrote:
    Streets of Rage 2, SEGA, Rated E
    Sweet, i guess i'll have to shell out for points again (first time in about 3/4 weeks).

Also, Holy Sh*t, Alien Storm is rated too... that and MERCS are two of the Megadrive games that i've been banking on since Virtual Console launched :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I used to 1 credit MERCS in the arcades. The megadrive conversion is almost arcade perfect but it also has a bonus game which has completely new levels than the arcade game and is just as long. Really good value for money.

Streets of Rage 2 is an absolute classic, can't wait for it. It hasn't aged a bit unlike the first game.

Panic on Funkatron is also really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,437 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I used to 1 credit MERCS in the arcades. The megadrive conversion is almost arcade perfect but it also has a bonus game which has completely new levels than the arcade game and is just as long. Really good value for money.

Streets of Rage 2 is an absolute classic, can't wait for it. It hasn't aged a bit unlike the first game.

Panic on Funkatron is also really good.

The bonus "Original mode" in Mercs is better than the arcade mode. Definitely a worthy purchase if you don't have a copy. One of my fav Megadrive games of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

According to British Gaming Blog, this weeks releases are out early due to a German holiday...

Donkey Kong Country 2 (SNES) - 800 Points.
    Mario and Yoshi (NES) - 500 Points.

The DKC games are classic, and the second one is probably my favourite from the series. I've played it to death, so I don't think I'll be getting it. If you liked DKC1 and want a different (and harder!) experience, go ahead and grab it.

Edit: Not yet available in UK/Ireland.

OK, both games are available now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The yanks got Streets of Rage 2 today but even more exciting is that they got Blazing Lasers otherwise known as Gunhed, probably the best shmup ever on the TG-16. Hope we get it soon.

No SOR2, unfortunately.

Mach Rider (NES)
    Super Mario Bros 2 (NES)
    Blazing Lasers (TG16)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

"Virtual Schmirtual" this week...

.. roll on Mario Strikers Charged tomorrow! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I LOVE Super Mario Bros 2... :D

Well... if it's the European one, which I think was some other Japanese game re-branded as a Mario game... I loved it anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Awesome, SMB2!!!

• Advertisement

Screw Mario 2, never liked it that much.

Blazing lasers is the western name for Gunhed which is the best shmup on the TG-16 and should be the game you pick up this week instead of the other tosh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

F-Zero 64 and Paper Mario 1 are listed for Japan in July....mmmmmmm
    Excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Thought they would have released all stars at two euro dearer than the single games, releasing them one by one detracts from the whole thing.

This week - SOR2, Kid Chameleon, Toe Jam and Earl, and one other I can't remember.....

SoR2: Absolute classic. Buy it now.
    Kid Chameleon: I don't know why it's rated so highly by some people. Absolute crap.
    Toe Jam and Earl 2: Great platform game with some very funny moments. Don't let the original put you off it's a very different game.

Can't be arsed getting out of bed to check the other one.

Adventures of Lolo and Balloon Fight (NES)
    Dead Moon (TG16)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

...and?
    can't believe that I was actually going to turn my Wii on to check this week's releases:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭donkey 2002

Next friday will be the release of the 100th virtual game. Could there be something special being set up?:rolleyes:

A big collective meh this week then?

Game 100: F-Zero X !! (1000 points)

Also JJ and Jeff (TG16)

• Advertisement

Nearly danced when I saw F-Zero X - downloaded it asap and played it 'til about two. Ahh the memories...:)

Balls, spent all my Wii points last week :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭donkey 2002

just downloaded f-zero x never got it for my n64 but holy s??t its amazing well better then the original

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

i wonder if mortal combat and micro machines will ever come out?

We have street fighter 2 already so who cares about crappy mortal kombat.

China Warrior (TG16)
    Megaman (NES)

Maybe next week they'll say "Hmmmm... over 100,000 people downloaded FZero, and only 4 people downloaded China Warrior... I've an idea - lets only put good f**king games up in future!"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Does anybody know if Nintendo have given any information on when you'll be able to trade your nintendo stars for wii points?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭killyoutodeath

D.T. Jesus wrote:
    Does anybody know if Nintendo have given any information on when you'll be able to trade your nintendo stars for wii points?

no but it will happen in some time soon hopefully

Odds on there'll be SNES StreetFighter 2 Turbo tonight...

No idea of any other possibilities.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Carmageddon 64 FTW! .... but seriously i hope we get street firhter 2 turbo:D

Advertisement