Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eShop Release List (Updated Every Thursday)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Is Pokemon Snap any good? Can't say that I'd ever heard of it until it was announced as a VC release, but it seems to be held in fairly high regard...
    I'm open for correction here, but I think you can take pictures of Pokemon and send them to your Wii message board... seems to be the first VC release with extra stuff added.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

Aww wow, Pokemon Snap!
    I rented that and thought it was great fun. Surprised to see it on VC though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Got Pokémon Snap last night.
    26 and i still love that game.

Does anyone else find the Classic controller shoulder buttons a nightmare?
    they are very awkward to keep pressed

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

What was Pokemon Snap all about - I always assumed it was just about wandering around and taking pictures of pokemon in the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

flogen wrote: »
    What was Pokemon Snap all about - I always assumed it was just about wandering around and taking pictures of pokemon in the game.

exactly.
    but you had to get them in centre frame, better poses, fighting, fainted etc.

Think of it as an on the rails shooter with a camera instead of a gun

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,824 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Screw Pokemon Snap. Megaman 2 is on of the best games ever made with an astonishly good soundtrack for a nes game.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Blades of Steel (NES hockey game)
    Skate or Die (NES)
    Monster Lair (TG16)

The Internet Channel and Everybody Votes channel seem to be updated too (not sure when that happened)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,824 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Pretty damn poor week. Where the hell in axelay Konami?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

There hasn't been anything to whet my appetite since Super Metroid... Hopefully we get some decent releases next Friday:(

We just had Megaman 2 a game as classic super metroid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

donkey kong country 3 was added Christmas day , nothing today

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Shadowless

Any word on Majora's Mask? I missed it first time round and it's the only game I really want on the VC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

there an xmas present morrow on VC.

Anyone know what it is?

kdjac

Present as in free game for everyone?

Wouldn't that rock, imagne getting mario kart for the Snes for free :eek:

I'd love to see a new platform emulated.... wasn't there a rumour of C64 support way back before the console launched?

(Wishful thinking)

It'll probably be a crappy new channel that nobody will use, or an obscure NES game which was sh*t 20 years ago and is still sh*t today.

I'll be online at 12 tonight anyway!

Oooo, I'm excited! Maybe it's that yoke with the demos etc?

1 VC Release: Harvest Moon for the SNES (800)

I give that a big fat wobbly 'meh'.
    Hope they add something else or give us a nice system update overnight.

Yay! i love that game :)
    still..kinda disappointed...

As much as I love harvest moon, friends of mineral town and wonderful life are all I'll ever need. Big meh again. Give us more than 1 ****ing game. Or at least make sure it's something pretty damn amazing like 'vania 3 or samurai showdown. Still waiting on Axelay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

i kow i keep saying t but its just beacuse i want to relive my youth. i hope they bring out micro machines and mortal kombat again - and maybe road rash 2

• Advertisement

This week:

Alien Storm (Megadrive)
    StarTropics (NES)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Mr E wrote: »
    Alien Storm (Megadrive)

SOLD!

Now all i need is MERCS and i'm set.

Alien Storm has aged very badly, even at the end of the megadrives life it was showing it's age.

Mercs on the Megadrive is indeed fantastic and Sega should get the finger out and release it since they own the publishing rights to that conversion and not capcom. Loved how it had an almost arcade perfect port and an equally good Original mode which was a completely new game.

Rhyme, aren't we forgetting the second best MD game ever released? I really want Konami to release Rocket Knight Adventures. Loved that game so much that I managed to finish it on the secret hardest setting which was one hit kills. And eurogamer are giving Contra 4 a 6 for being too hard. Gamers are so lazy these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

just got startropics, great game :D

It seems from the reviews it's receiving that startropics is a little known classic and well worth picking up.

Rocket Knight Adventures is a given... in the same way as Streets of Rage was a given (at least for me). My Virtual Console experience won't be complete without it, Mario Kart and a pile of other titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

For some reason one of my favourite N64 games ever popped into my head this morning:
    shadmann6421_640w.jpg
    Shadow Man!

Man I loved that game! Back in the day I played it to death, getting all the upgrades and retrieving all the "cadeaux" etc...

Anyone else remember this game as fondly as I do?

Please bring it out on the VC Ninty, for we are many!!!

Have it on the N64 ut have never even played it yet. Supposed to be very like a dark Mario 64. The engine is meant to be very impressive as well with really breathtaking draw distance for it's time.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

More a cross between Zelda and Tomb Raider to be honest... very open ended... some barriers to progress that can only be passed once you've passed certain parts, but you can wander where you want and tackle things in quite a non linear way. The first/one of the first games that allowed you to dual wield different weapons at the same time too. The main character had the agility of Lara, but was faster, and was even more non-linear than Zelda

[edit]
    Review: http://au.ign64.ign.com/articles/151/151945p1.html

• Advertisement

The snakes accent in Shadow Man is embarrassing.

Advertisement