Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eShop Release List (Updated Every Thursday)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

Doubt they'd release all-stars except for a higher price. Why would people buy the other mario games if all-stars was there?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Master System launches in Europe, and more C64 classics.

California Games (C64)
    Fantasy Zone (SMS)
    Impossible Mission (C64)
    Wonderboy (SMS)

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

féck it, no Super Mario Kart. maybe next week.

Just Phantasy Star III this week...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,823 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Still not bad, want to give this and PS2 a go. Hopefully PSIV isn't far behind since thats meant to be amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Diddler82

Getting very annoyed with the rubbish they are releasing...

Lets face it lads, if we want we can play these games on Emulators etc. we want MarioKart on the Wii to complete the package not these entertaining old games that lose their novely quickly

[/rant]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Diddler82 wrote: »
    Getting very annoyed with the rubbish they are releasing...

Lets face it lads, if we want we can play these games on Emulators etc. we want MarioKart on the Wii to complete the package not these entertaining old games that lose their novely quickly

[/rant]

tut tut tut
    bold boy using the "e" word and even making the e a capital

You're right though.
    They are releasing the games that they want to see, not what people are calling for.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,014 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

The "E" word is fine, it's the "R" word you wanna watch out for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

The "E" word is fine, it's the "R" word you wanna watch out for!

Shows how niave I am that I do not even know what the "R" word is!!

to me, that would be those traitorous bastards at Rare

• Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Shows how niave I am that I do not even know what the "R" word is!!

to me, that would be those traitorous bastards at Rare

Rare you say, wheres Conkers Bad Fur Day? or Banjo (1 or 2)? God those were great games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Rare you say, wheres Conkers Bad Fur Day? or Banjo (1 or 2)? God those were great games
    Those titles belong to Rare, who belong to Microsoft.

Have to say, I'll be watching how their 360 Banjo turns out. If it's anything like the first one I'd be very tempted.

tut tut tut
    bold boy using the "e" word and even making the e a capital

You're right though.
    They are releasing the games that they want to see, not what people are calling for.

I know...was careful not to mention the "R" word in the same sentence :)

Agree with what you said though....disappointing that they are trying to push some rubbish titles, was looking forward to getting MarioKart Wii which I am thoroughly enjoying...however was hoping for a few games of the original on the VC!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭hoppo254

Rare no longer owned by microsoft , Goldeneye on VC ?

First game bought on VC since Super Metroid! What, 4 or 5 months ago now?

The Last Ninja!!! (C64)
    Double Dragon (NES)
    World Games (C64)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

hoppo254 wrote: »
    Rare no longer owned by microsoft , Goldeneye on VC ?

Eh? First I heard about this!!! Their site still has it's Microsoft branding too... ???

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Mr E wrote: »
    First game bought on VC since Super Metroid! What, 4 or 5 months ago now?

The Last Ninja!!! (C64)
    Double Dragon (NES)
    World Games (C64)

Oooh... World Games was always my favourite in the series.

And can't beat a bit of The Last Ninja... to bad about the high prices for C64 games.

Looks like there is some kind of special week this week. All the games are 100 more than usual and they have a weird concentric circle logo beside them (Jap translations?)

Columns III: Revenge of Columns (Megadrive) - 900
    Final Soldier (TG16) - 700
    Gradius II Gofer No Yabou (TG16)

More sh*te.... :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,823 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I wouldn't say that. Final Soldier isn't bad at all and Gradius II is ****ing brilliant. Just wish ninendo would give us some real import oddities and classics. Chrono Trigger would be amazing :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Chrono Trigger would be amazing :)

Yes it would be. Makes me wish Square-Enix would release their re-make riddled grip on the old Final Fantasy games, FF6 and Chrono Trigger would keep me on the VC for weeks.

• Advertisement

More overpriced Hanabi Festival games.

Metal Slug (Neo Geo) - 900
    Break In (TG16) - 700
    Cho Aniki (TG16) - 900
    Puyo Puyo 2 (Megadrive) - 900

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Made my first VC purchase lastnight, Megaman 2, great stuff, really enjoyed playing through the first half.

The whole vc process worked pretty slickly. used a points card, quite happy it was value for money. Megaman 2 cost £30 sterling the first time I got it back in 1991. #remarkably I'm enjoying it a lot more this time around.

Why have they released Metal Slug on the Neo Geo, there is a 10 game anthology out already!!!

Is it the japanese version of metal slug with blood?

Cho aniki is meant to be good but I'm not sure I could try it, the Sega Saturn sequel scared the crap out of me with it's digitised weirdness/gayness.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Is it the japanese version of metal slug with blood?
    No Hanabi logo beside the listing, so I'm guessing the American bloodless version.

More ripoff Hanabi games.

Digital Champ Battle Boxing (TG16) - 700
    Gley Lancer (Megadrive) - 900
    Star Parodier (TG16) - 900

Holding out for Lost Winds next Tuesday.

Star Parodier is a really good cross of the Star soldier/soldier blade games with parodius's madness and cuteness.

Gleylancer might be worth checking out. It's highly rated within the shmup clique but personally I think it's overrated. Eliminate Down would have been a better jap rarity to bring out, it's even better than the godly Thunderforce IV.

Pity about the rip off Hanabi prices. It must have cost nintendo europe so much more to put up japanese rom images as opposed to ****ty PAL ones.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

I'm just about to download Super Metroid for the Snes.

But.

What's the controls like using the Gamecube controller as that's all I have?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I'm just about to download Super Metroid for the Snes.

But.

What's the controls like using the Gamecube controller as that's all I have?

Controls seem fine to me.

Although I couldn't figure out how to get all that German text off the screen... what's the deal with that?

This Week:

Paradroid (C64) - 500

Thats it. I have a feeling I'm looking at this through rose coloured glasses, but I loved this game when I was a teenager. That 999 robot scared the ****e out of me :)
    Its probably horribly dated now.....

Also out this week on WiiWare:

Dr. Mario, FFCC: My Life as King, LostWinds, Star Soldier R, TV Show King, Toki Tori

Should this thread be renamed to "Virtual Console and WiiWare Releases" ??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

What's the dealio with WiiWare? It just seems like paying a tenner for a miniature game... What's the lifespan on them? Roughly , hours? I'm suspicious of their worth...

Advertisement