Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Veyron

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

steve06 wrote:
    and the F430 is a Fiat.... I'd rather the Audi.
    the f430 is a real ferrari like the lp640 is a real lambo. the gallardo is not a true lambo. its 10% lambo, 90% audi. the parent company (audi) had so much to do with everything from the design to the engine. fiat however had nothing to do with any design aspects of the f430 or any other ferrari for that matter. ferrari design everything and build everything at their factory. you cannot call a ferrari a fiat simply because they are owned by them.

ask any true lamborghini enthusiast about the gallardo and im sure they will feel the same way.

id take an f430 over a gallardo. enzo over an lp640.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I am a fanatical lambo enthusiast - that's why I'd still choose a Gallardo over an F430, even with it's clutch problems... I know that the Murcielago was the last lambo produced by the Italians and the Gallardo was the first produced by the Germans, but the LP640 - an Italian design reworked by the Germans for better power, thank god they didn't mess it up like the Gallardo... But Clarkeson bought a ford GT, said he made a mistake by not getting the F430 instead yet now he's gone for a Gallardo spider! There's just something special about them even though they're flawed.

Still if I had the money I wouldn't be rushing to buy any of these actually. I'd be on the hunt for a 02 Diablo 6.0 SE - a true supercar that will never age in my eyes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Veyron promo clip on Metacafe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

So has the veyron arrived yet.Its been ages since we were told about this.Is it all bull **** or is it real that there is 1 comming to cunningham motors.
    I also heard somewhere that sports and classic are bringing in another one.Can someone confirm this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

I wouldnt be surprised if cunningham higgins dont get it in. they were supposed to get a gallardo spyder in nearly 2 months ago and it still hasnt arrived. id say that theyre just claiming theyre getting a veyron for the publicity and the attention.

when "niall cunningham" started posting in this thread he started giving hints about the who the owner is and when he wasnt doing that he was just complaining at how galway is better than dublin. imagine des cullen joining boards and giving all of us clues as to who owns the carrera gt and where he lives.

cunningham higgins are a saab/chrysler dealer- why would anyone order a 1.7 million veyron from them??

• Advertisement

tdc wrote:
    I wouldnt be surprised if cunningham higgins dont get it in. they were supposed to get a gallardo spyder in nearly 2 months ago and it still hasnt arrived. id say that theyre just claiming theyre getting a veyron for the publicity and the attention.

when "niall cunningham" started posting in this thread he started giving hints about the who the owner is and when he wasnt doing that he was just complaining at how galway is better than dublin. imagine des cullen joining boards and giving all of us clues as to who owns the carrera gt and where he lives.

cunningham higgins are a saab/chrysler dealer- why would anyone order a 1.7 million veyron from them??
    I never believed it,if they get it then its good for them.I dont even think that was niall on the thread.It must be just a new user using his name :)
    Yeah you are right theres no sign of te gallardo and he changed it from coming in march to 2007.I think its all crap to be honest or they dont know how to do business.Why advertise something you dont have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 podgerdodger

There is currently 1 Veyron in Ireland,It resides in Cork,Its owner lives in a Castle,no not Jeremy Irons and has a very sucessful business supplying House Fixtures and Fittings

There is currently 1 Veyron in Ireland,It resides in Cork,Its owner lives in a Castle,no not Jeremy Irons and has a very sucessful business supplying House Fixtures and Fittings

Is it in ireland or on order.Is that the one that came through cunningham higgins.Do you know the owner?

Just out of curiosty , What company does this guy own?

The car is in Ireland,I dont know if it was bought from Cunningham Higgins or not,I will not divulge the owners business.

• Advertisement

someone mentioned this before. Anyone ever see it?

steve06 wrote:
    someone mentioned this before. Anyone ever see it?

Yeah they mentioned it before, I dont even think there is one in ireland yet.

drdre wrote:
    Yeah they mentioned it before, I dont even think there is one in ireland yet.

Believe what you want.

Believe what you want.
    What do you mean? , Have you even read this whole thread. Its already mentioned someone in the country is getting it. The question is when? through what dealer?
    I was just asking are your facts genuine.

I think podgerdodger has a veyron and is keeping it all to himself ;)

drdre wrote:
    What do you mean? , Have you even read this whole thread. Its already mentioned someone in the country is getting it. The question is when? through what dealer?
    I was just asking are your facts genuine.

I have read the whole thread,somebody in the country already has one,if you want to find out the facts for yourself,a little digging in relation to Vrt payments with a friendly customs official would set you straight

I have read the whole thread,somebody in the country already has one,if you want to find out the facts for yourself,a little digging in relation to Vrt payments with a friendly customs official would set you straight

Its hard to get information from customs :D
    Anyway may i ask how you know that theirs one in ireland.Have you seen it?

doesn't really matter how he knows, could be someone he knows that has it... but after reading a previous post by him where he sayd "just been talking to a buddy of mine in customs" - I presume this is where he got the info from.

I know that if I ever bought an exotic car, I wouldn't say it on boards and I don't think anyone I know would mention it either in fear of my safety!

I have seen it,the guy that owns it is the boss of one of a friend of mine,he has it only a couple of weeks,Im sure some of the Cork posters here must have seen it,if not keep you eyes peeled,next time i'm there,must get a photo.

great, what's the colour scheme?

• Advertisement

steve06 wrote:
    great, what's the colour scheme?
    :D , You are getting over excited just like me.I think we need to go on a spying mission trting to find it to take pics ;)

haha, I bet the guy takes it out for a spin once every few months only.

steve06 wrote:
    haha, I bet the guy takes it out for a spin once every few months only.
    Dont worry once we find out where he lives we can knock on the door and ask can we take afew pictures :D

and you'll soon hear... "release the hounds!"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

I love it in this combination.

fletch wrote:
    I love it in this combination.
    Excellent combination.I have seen this exact one in manchester in december

I like the black and navy one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 K.A.

Who says there is only one in Ireland? :rolleyes:

And you dont need to go through a Dublin/Cork dealer to get one of these fine machines!

KA

K.A. wrote:

And you dont need to go through a Dublin/Cork dealer to get one of these fine machines!

KA

What do you mean by this? You dont have to go through a dealer but someone that rich is not going to go through the hassle of sourcing one in europe and getting it shipped back and get it vrt'ed.They just want the car with irish plates and they will pay the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

K.A. wrote:

KA
    Hmm you sounds like you might be somebody in the know....you only joined today and this is your first post....tell us more :D

Advertisement