Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Veyron

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

NIALLCUNN wrote:
    not here to debate the "someone i know" thing, suffice to say we dont have salesmen, just myself and my partner and also that we do not sell new mercs, AMG or not, so we wouldnt have info available in the first place. Wrong garage i'd say...

Apologies, must have been the other place across the road - Post edited :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 NIALLCUNN

kbannon wrote:
    lads, stop asking about who is going to buy the car. Its none of your business and presumably Cunningham Higgins would treat their clients confidentiality appropriatley.

Thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

galwaytt wrote:
    Oops, sounds a bit petty to me, JohnCleary.... seeing as you're a guy who went and bought a used 320d off eBay in the U.K. ?..... so, what credibility are you bringing to this, exactly?

What does that have to do with anything? How does it sound petty? :confused: I buy my car's in the UK because i'm not a fool with my money and refuse to pay crazy prices for car's that can be gotten cheaper elsewhere

</offtopic>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭AJ!

AMV8 wrote:
    Not all cars that are sold make it onto their websites. If somebody has ordered a specific car with their spec. why would the dealer offer it for sale if it's already sold ?? :confused: Lots of cars are ordered and delivered to customers without being publicly advertised. It's called discretion.
    All I said was that recently, I can only recall Cunningham Higgins advertising one Ferrari. I went on to ask if have they sold any others. I'm not sure how many orders CH recieves for new Ferrari models but I would have thought that they have more business with pre-owned models.

Niall, can you give us any more information on the Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

This thread is about the Veryon! If you want to discuss CH's stock then contact them directly.
    No more posts off topic or I'll close the thread!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Twas excellent to see Captain Slow, Mr. James May hit 250mph in the Veryon tonight on TG.

God damn that car is insane. TV wishlist for this year, to see The Stig drive it around the TG track.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

I wonder why they wont give TG one to test on their track - Are Bugatti/VW afraid of something.

I did find in interesting how relaxed Captain Slow was approaching top speed in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

NIALLCUNN wrote:
    PROSPECT - It is not a Dublin person - Confirmed.

Thanks for the post Niall. :)
    I have it from a VERY strong information source that there is a Dublin customer. Is it possible that there are two Veyrons coming in :) ? Or has your customer strong business connections (i.e. premises) in dublin also?

Up Galway!!! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Niall, what colour combo is the Veyron? and how's the clutch on the new Gallardo spider? I know the black 04 Gallardo driving around has had the clutch replaced 3 times now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

I've only seen this thread this morning and read through it all. I cant believe some of the foolish "Dublincentric" comments !

I am 7th generation Dublin, and proud of it, but its still a kip to live in !

Everything is overinflated, houses, food, cars etc, and the M50 is a joke !

I generally avoid the M50 and the City Cnetre like the plague, probably been in town about 5 times in the last year, purely on business and I take every oppertunity I get to get away for the weekend. Thankfully I still live in quite a rural area but its changing every day !

Who cares who the customer is, fair play to whomever seizes the cahnce to own one of these cars, and fair play to the Galway garage for securing the order. I personally dont like the look of the car..............so I wont be ordering one !! :D

I also dont care about how fast or exensive it is. For me, with supercars its about looks and acceleration, once it goes over 180MPH whats the point. Its all pub talk anyway !

• Advertisement

MercMad wrote:
    I've only seen this thread this morning and read through it all. I cant believe some of the foolish "Dublincentric" comments !

I am 7th generation Dublin, and proud of it, but its still a kip to live in !

Everything is overinflated, houses, food, cars etc, and the M50 is a joke !

I generally avoid the M50 and the City Cnetre like the plague, probably been in town about 5 times in the last year, purely on business and I take every oppertunity I get to get away for the weekend. Thankfully I still live in quite a rural area but its changing every day !

Who cares who the customer is, fair play to whomever seizes the cahnce to own one of these cars, and fair play to the Galway garage for securing the order. I personally dont like the look of the car..............so I wont be ordering one !! :D

I also dont care about how fast or exensive it is. For me, with supercars its about looks and acceleration, once it goes over 180MPH whats the point. Its all pub talk anyway !

Well, thanks for jumping in there and putting us all straight with "YOUR OPINION"
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Well, thanks for jumping in there and putting us all straight with "YOUR OPINION"

.......so sorry !

In future I'll email you offline and you can tell me what to write !!

MercMad wrote:
    .......so sorry !

In future I'll email you offline and you can tell me what to write !!

perfect arrangement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

So who is buying the veyron ? :D:D come on we will find out afterwards anyway.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

TheBazman wrote:
    I wonder why they wont give TG one to test on their track - Are Bugatti/VW afraid of something.

I did find in interesting how relaxed Captain Slow was approaching top speed in it.
    Don't think the Veyron would be quickest around the top gear track, it's a fairly tight track, not enough room for it to come into its own.
    However, did anyone else notice and wonder how a 2.0 FWD TT beat an M3 around the track? How is this possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Biro wrote:
    Don't think the Veyron would be quickest around the top gear track, it's a fairly tight track, not enough room for it to come into its own.
    However, did anyone else notice and wonder how a 2.0 FWD TT beat an M3 around the track? How is this possible?

Yeah I couldnt believe the time that it did ( I know there were 8k of options on the TT but mostly cosmetic ones). I know the M3 and the 350Z did exactly the same time on the track both of which should easily beat the TT

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

NIALLCUNN wrote:
    Car will leave our showroom and travel east, heading towards, but not to, Dublin. Thats it i'm afraid.

Mary O'Rourke deserves a bit of a treat alright, but I'd have thought she'd have opted for a nice pair of shoes. Fair play Mary! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Joeface

got tired of reading through the thread , How much VRT and is there a TAX bracket for it, Can you imagine the service cost.an amazing Car but really a waste in ireland , the owner will prob only us for shows , takin it to different display windows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

TheBazman wrote:
    Yeah I couldnt believe the time that it did ( I know there were 8k of options on the TT but mostly cosmetic ones). I know the M3 and the 350Z did exactly the same time on the track both of which should easily beat the TT
    Yes, the M3, 350Z and RX8 had the same 1.31.8 sec time. Yesterday the RX8 did a 1.32.0 time (granted stig was a bit over eager off the line and a bit over-sideways), but I still don't see how the TT can do a 1.31.4. I honestly don't believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Iamboesky

Man I saw a Veyron in central london last summer, on perfect clear day and the noise it made only going about 25mph, was something else. Bein driven by an about 25 year ol arab lookin chap had UAE platesd on it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭cancan

Haha - great thread.

Great to see your stereotypical dub being put in his place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

drdre wrote:
    So who is buying the veyron ? :D:D come on we will find out afterwards anyway.:D
    why? im more interested in whether or not he'll actually drive it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Wow, what a thread! :D

It is going to Corcaigh aint it. The proud owner being a supplier/fitter/installer of household 'items'.
    I don't have much to back my comment up - so not point in quoting me.

Anyway, one heck of a car. I do hope its driven and we get the opportunity to see one on Irish plates on Irish roads :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Jakey

Nice video here of a Veyron with an R1 and CGT,
    http://www.myvideo.de/watch/751055

In terms of pace per pound the bike does fairly well considering the car costs approx 100times more.

ciarsd wrote:
    Wow, what a thread! :D

It is going to Corcaigh aint it. The proud owner being a supplier/fitter/installer of household 'items'.

Anyway, one heck of a car. I do hope its driven and we get the opportunity to see one on Irish plates on Irish roads :cool:

I donot think it will be driven much.Whoever buys it must have a few other cars for normal driving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Michael O'Leary bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

ciarsd wrote:

Funny I heard that too from quite a reliable source.

Cal.

Cal wrote:
    Funny I heard that too from quite a reliable source.

Cal.

How can a household equipment supplier have a veyron worth nearly 2 million.He must be dealing something else.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Why who is this shady character?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

drdre wrote:
    How can a household equipment supplier have a veyron worth nearly 2 million.He must be dealing something else.:D
    With branches nationwide, I'm sure he can well afford it.

Advertisement