Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Veyron

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

I have it on good authority ....that the only two companies who are authorised to sell them in Ireland are Charles Hurst in Belfast and Fosters in Dublin........I would be extremely sceptical of someone claiming to be from a dealership which sells Veyrons.....

please read this thread from the start, including the actual person importing the car - and who is from neither of the above two companies....
    .. who will then divulge personal information about customers, no matter how minor. It is unprofessional...
    ...see my first comment.
    ... which has all the models from the VW group, including Bugatti.
    .......priceless! From the company that brings you the Fox, we also do sports cars !! :D

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Saw a Veyron in Frankfurt near the airport, nearly wet myself watching it come round the corner. >>>Sigh....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

afaik there are less than 30 dealers authorised to sell the veyron in the WORLD. why would there be 2 in ireland when the US has less than 10? cunningham higgins or sport classic arent offiial dealers, i would imagine they are getting them off official dealers abroad, most likely the UK

why are there rumoured to be at least 3 veyrons coming into ireland and yet there are no enzos or zondas?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭turbo

tdc wrote:
    afaik there are less than 30 dealers authorised to sell the veyron in the WORLD. why would there be 2 in ireland when the US has less than 10? cunningham higgins or sport classic arent offiial dealers, i would imagine they are getting them off official dealers abroad, most likely the UK

why are there rumoured to be at least 3 veyrons coming into ireland and yet there are no enzos or zondas?

i think there is a yellow Enzo in the Cork region ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 soularnights

Took me a while to read all those posts, go on the Dubs, :D
    Thought i'd add the reports of the crashed Veyron in Surrey.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/6423241.stm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

prospect wrote:
    Its V16 eight-litre quad-turbocharged engine generates 1,001 horse power, allowing it to accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h in 2.5 seconds.

I hate to be a pedant, actually that is a lie :D, but is it not a w16?

MrP

turbo wrote:
    i think there is a yellow Enzo in the Cork region ;)
    the yellow one that des cullen had a few years ago is in the uk now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

Took me a while to read all those posts, go on the Dubs, :D
    Thought i'd add the reports of the crashed Veyron in Surrey.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/6423241.stm

Ouch! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

tdc wrote:

Yeah its abit weird , theres no proper lambos in ireland an no other exotic car like zonda so why would people go straight for veyron.
    Theres one coming from galway and another person mentioned that sports and classic has another one coming and i wouldnt think that fosters would bring one in.

Lets wait and see how many come in.I donot believe it as theres not many in the uk yet so why would there by 2-3 in ireland:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Terrontress

galwaytt wrote:
    please read this thread from the start, including the actual person importing the car - and who is from neither of the above two companies....

...see my first comment.

.......priceless! From the company that brings you the Fox, we also do sports cars !! :D

I have read it from the start and I do not believe that someone importing and selling a Veyron would come on here and give hints as to the location of the car.

Anybody who deals with customers who can afford such cars should know that they value their privacy.

If I were to be buying a car costing approximately 2 million off the above mentioned garage and saw the posts attributed to the dealer, I would call the dealer and if it transpired it had been him posting, I would get it somewhere else.

I think it is someone pretending to be the owner of said dealership.

• Advertisement

And by the way, the Fox is a great car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

drdre wrote:
    Yeah its abit weird , theres no proper lambos in ireland an no other exotic car like zonda so why would people go straight for veyron.
    Theres one coming from galway and another person mentioned that sports and classic has another one coming and i wouldnt think that fosters would bring one in.

Lets wait and see how many come in.I donot believe it as theres not many in the uk yet so why would there by 2-3 in ireland:rolleyes:
    no proper lambos..... If I was to pay 300k for a Gallardo, I'd consider it a proper lambo! and there are a few Diablos too!

I have it on good authority that Foster Motor Co of Sandyford had organised for one to be imported to Ireland.

Also that the only two companies who are authorised to sell them in Ireland are Charles Hurst in Belfast and Fosters in Dublin.

Anyone can sell one if they can get their hands on one!

steve06 wrote:
    Anyone can sell one if they can get their hands on one!

Yes thats right, i donot know where the other guy got info that foster motors is an agent. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

drdre wrote:
    I donot believe it as theres not many in the uk yet so why would there by 2-3 in ireland:rolleyes:

Why not,

Are we living in the shadow of the UK? Are we not allowed to get 2 or 3 until they have a certain amount first?

Are you one of those people who naively believes that everything is better in the UK.

Per capital, we are on average FAR wealthier than the UK, so why should we not have exotic 'hyper-cars'?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

prospect wrote:
    Per capital, we are on average FAR wealthier than the UK, so why should we not have exotic 'hyper-cars'?
    How wealthy we are collectively as a nation is irrelevant here.

What's important is how many ueber-rich people there are with enough money to spend on something like a Veyron, and whether you like it or not, there are far more of those in the UK than there are in Ireland. Heck, I'd even go as far as to say there are probably more people in London alone in that position than the whole of Ireland put together.

Alun wrote:
    How wealthy we are collectively as a nation is irrelevant here.

What's important is how many ueber-rich people there are with enough money to spend on something like a Veyron, and whether you like it or not, there are far more of those in the UK than there are in Ireland. Heck, I'd even go as far as to say there are probably more people in London alone in that position than the whole of Ireland put together.

Maybe, but just cause you have it, doesn't mean you want to spend it on a Veyron.
    But the attitude that 'we cant have 2 or 3, because the UK only have a few' is laughable.

steve06 wrote:
    no proper lambos..... If I was to pay 300k for a Gallardo, I'd consider it a proper lambo! and there are a few Diablos too!

I know what you mean but i meant like lp640 or high spec ones.Where are the diablos are they in dublin. i havent seen one

drdre wrote:
    Yes thats right, i donot know where the other guy got info that foster motors is an agent. :)

From a friend who works for Fosters. I will ask him again the next time I see him. I was fairly drunk when I was talking to him.

I would imagine that to obtain one, an approach would have to be made to Bugatti. It would be more likely to be a dealership with a VW, Audi, Lamborghini or Bentley franchise.

If I am honest, I would have thought that someone who can afford one, and obviously has an interest, would go to Bugatti directly and get a tour around the factory and chat to the engineers instead of going to an Audi dealer on an industrial estate with three cars in the showroom or else a two-bit Arthur Daley in Galway.

If I was buying one, I would enjoy as much of the process as possible.

From a friend who works for Fosters. I will ask him again the next time I see him. I was fairly drunk when I was talking to him.

I would imagine that to obtain one, an approach would have to be made to Bugatti. It would be more likely to be a dealership with a VW, Audi, Lamborghini or Bentley franchise.

If I am honest, I would have thought that someone who can afford one, and obviously has an interest, would go to Bugatti directly and get a tour around the factory and chat to the engineers instead of going to an Audi dealer on an industrial estate with three cars in the showroom or else a two-bit Arthur Daley in Galway.

If I was buying one, I would enjoy as much of the process as possible.

Look on the net not only buggati dealers have these.There are some dealers with 3-4 in stock like a german site.
    Its like ferrari dealer is charles hurst but how is des cullen,richford motors,sports and classic etc bringing them in....:rolleyes: :confused:

• Advertisement

drdre wrote:
    I know what you mean but i meant like lp640 or high spec ones.Where are the diablos are they in dublin. i havent seen one
    Well the lp640 is a new enough model and so have to be preordered...

Most people with a lot of money like to buy high end cars that are a bit understated... AMG mercs for example, someone who's not a car enthusiast wouldn't know the difference! That's why all the top end V12 Ferrari's are more understared than the smaller engined ones like the 360 or F430. So you can own a top spec 599 but lets face it, if you're not into cars the 360 or F430 are better so people wont look at you in the 599 and think OMG, a mega rare car.

Ferrari's are super cars, Lambo/Zonda/Bugatti are hyper cars and are generally just toys for the mega rich and they rarely leave the garage.

So if you had money, would you rather buy an F430 and drive it around and people will say, there's another Ferrari - cos there's plenty here now! or would you buy an LP640 and people will say there's only 1 of them in the country, he must be loaded, let's kidnap his family!

This is why I'm surprised that Cunningham Higgens has even released info about the Veyron, and the fact that it will be in Galway... Someone is going to be a serious target for the growing population of Irish terrorists!

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭tvr

Slightly off topic but what is the best every day super car ie one you could use to go to the work and then trash it around a track on the weekends.

BMW M5 or 911 Turbo?

steve06 wrote:

This is why I'm surprised that Cunningham Higgens has even released info about the Veyron, and the fact that it will be in Galway... Someone is going to be a serious target for the growing population of Irish terrorists!

Hence my description of him as an Arthur Daley. He is trying to drum up publicity from an order placed with him in good faith by a customer. I wonder if the customer is getting a discount on the back of all this?

I suppose it could be done with the customer's consent but at that level, I would doubt it.

I'd say 911 Turbo IMO.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

tvr wrote:
    Slightly off topic but what is the best every day super car ie one you could use to go to the work and then trash it around a track on the weekends.

BMW M5 or 911 Turbo?
    Start a new thread please!

steve06 wrote:
    Ferrari's are super cars, Lambo/Zonda/Bugatti are hyper cars and are generally just toys for the mega rich and they rarely leave the garage.
    the ferrari enzo and lambo LP640 are hyper cars - the F430 is a supercar - the lambo gallardo is an audi.
    I was fairly drunk when I was talking to him.
    LMAO!

tdc wrote:
    the ferrari enzo and lambo LP640 are hyper cars - the F430 is a supercar - the lambo gallardo is an audi.

LMAO!
    and the F430 is a Fiat.... I'd rather the Audi.

steve06 wrote:
    and the F430 is a Fiat.... I'd rather the Audi.

Yeah id rather a lambo anyday but still the f430 looks and sounds amazing.:)

I'd have the F430 over the Gallardo anyday.
    I'd have the Murcielago over the Enzo anyday.

• Advertisement

prospect wrote:
    I'd have the F430 over the Gallardo anyday.
    I'd have the Murcielago over the Enzo anyday.

For the enzo type of money id buy the carbon fibre zonda and a m5 for normal day use. :)
    In my dreams

Advertisement