Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Veyron

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I bet it's Daft Dave. Does his monkey get one too?!

Ceramic Tiles 6.99 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

drdre wrote:
    How can a household equipment supplier have a veyron worth nearly 2 million.He must be dealing something else.:D

how?

How not & Why not...

Household equipment supplier is a very loose description I purposely posted up - If I was more specific then you would more than likely agree.
    Having said that, my source for my previous post, although reliable, can't guarantee it so whats the point in specifics & hear-say.

Anyway, again I hope to see it driven on Irish roads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Didn't Niall already say that it wasn't someone from Cork....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Dunno which is madder, the Veyron, or this old Skyline which is actually faster!

Standard Veyron does 300km/h in 16.7 sec. This Skyline does it in 13.72!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amK3Wul2OOw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Robbo wrote:
    With branches nationwide, I'm sure he can well afford it.

Whats the company name?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

JHMEG wrote:
    Dunno which is madder, the Veyron, or this old Skyline which is actually faster!

Standard Veyron does 300km/h in 16.7 sec. This Skyline does it in 13.72!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amK3Wul2OOw

In fairness, when/where the fcuk are you actually gonna be able to get to try and get your 300kmph out of the Veyron?

Am I right in saying that this is just totally a status symbol? A willy extension perheaps? :o

And no, tbh i'm not jealous:
    1) If I had nearly €2m, I wouldnt be spending it on a frickin CAR (I'd spend it on herion man, yahhh thats what all the cool kids are doing these days)
    2) No frickin practicality. Could hardly stick a tow bar on it and bring the jet-ski's to the beach. Or what if yerself and yer mates want to go somewhere together? You'd fit more people in a Fiat uno!

JohnCleary wrote:
    In fairness, when/where the fcuk are you actually gonna be able to get to try and get your 300kmph out of the Veyron?

Am I right in saying that this is just totally a status symbol? A willy extension perheaps? :o

And no, tbh i'm not jealous:
    1) If I had nearly €2m, I wouldnt be spending it on a frickin CAR (I'd spend it on herion man, yahhh thats what all the cool kids are doing these days)
    2) No frickin practicality. Could hardly stick a tow bar on it and bring the jet-ski's to the beach. Or what if yerself and yer mates want to go somewhere together? You'd fit more people in a Fiat uno!

Yeah you are right with that 2 million he can make bloody 10 million with investment whereas he is buying a veyron just to park it up as no way will he be using that much because it will loose loads of value with the milage.its mainly a collectors car not a everyday work car.anyway good luck to whoever is getting it and he should be ready to fork out the petrol bills and service bills and the road tax every year:D
    And of course when he goes to sell it nobody will want a second hand one !!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MAYPOP

Maybe he just wants a Veyron.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

In fairness, comments about him being silly and veyron's are not practical and he could have invested the 2 million... It's obviously not his last 2 million that he spent. No point in having 10 million and nothing to enjoy. What would you keep saving for? You earn to spend. If you can afford something and want it, then get it. Practicality - I'm fairly sure he has another car for the family somehow!! I doubt any of the Veyron owners have it as the only car. Motorbikes aren't practical, but try telling the owner of a yamaha R1 or a Honda blackbird that he's only a plonker, he should have bought a nice almeara saloon instead.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

drdre wrote:
    Whats the company name?
    Well that would ruin the mystique then, wouldn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭whicawha

Biro wrote:
    In fairness, comments about him being silly and veyron's are not practical and he could have invested the 2 million... It's obviously not his last 2 million that he spent. No point in having 10 million and nothing to enjoy. What would you keep saving for? You earn to spend. If you can afford something and want it, then get it. Practicality - I'm fairly sure he has another car for the family somehow!! I doubt any of the Veyron owners have it as the only car. Motorbikes aren't practical, but try telling the owner of a yamaha R1 or a Honda blackbird that he's only a plonker, he should have bought a nice almeara saloon instead.

I couldnt agree more with that post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Exactly... the whole Dublin/Cork/Galway thing is tiring as well. Who has more millionaires per capita? The "real" capital. Steriotypical Dub? Who cares, Boring. They are all magic places. People who don't like them are people who sit at home pissing and moaning about the place (but do nothing) As for the people who live in the cities and claim to hate them... move out, seriously, it must be soul destroying.

No wonder the brits could easily overcome us with all our little tribes hating each other.

Can't wait to see the Veyron, I couldn't give a f*ck what county I see it in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

So.. if carrying the shopping home from Lidl, and veyron-beating speed are important, then an auld skyline is the way to go. Sounds good to me!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

wow so at least three people are buying the same veyron, thats nice to know. anyone have any sources for this information?

"Michael O'Leary bought it."
    thank you for the all the information, no need to ask who/what your source is.

"The person that bought it lives in Galway. They have DB9 aswell. Second name is Lally."
    source? no? ok then

a skyline can beat it? never heard that before about any ferrari, lambo, porsche, etc. i doubt the owner is planning to see how fast it can go 0-300kmh, at least not in this country. which sounds better - "i drive a nissan" or "i drive a bugatti"?

skyline is boring at this stage, move on guys

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

consciously or not, this thread, as well as all the other publicity, have been the inspiration for Cunningham Higgins full page ad in the Galway Independant yesterday - it's brilliant.

Keep them coming lads - ye're great crack.

Oh, updated my location too for ye........(see left ;)) )

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Can you scan and post the ad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭whicawha

galwaytt wrote:
    consciously or not, this thread, as well as all the other publicity, have been the inspiration for Cunningham Higgins full page ad in the Galway Independant yesterday - it's brilliant.

Keep them coming lads - ye're great crack.

Oh, updated my location too for ye........(see left ;)) )

What did this full page ad say?

here is the lambo gallardo coming to dublin.This is being sold by cunningham motors.
    http://www.usedcars.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=603099

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

ciarsd wrote:
    Wow, what a thread! :D

It is going to Corcaigh aint it. The proud owner being a supplier/fitter/installer of household 'items'.
    I don't have much to back my comment up - so not point in quoting me.

Anyway, one heck of a car. I do hope its driven and we get the opportunity to see one on Irish plates on Irish roads :cool:

i think he'll don his monacle and pocketwatch, and make use of a uk address.;) ;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭patsyh

If the owner puts this on irish plates they must have way tooo much money. For 550k youd buy a decent house in the UK to register it to.

Originally Posted by JohnCleary
    Sorry but this is an invalid statment you make. I am not mentioning names, but you get the idea.

2 years ago, a neighbour of mine, who I know well (Property developer, very very wealthy) cycled up to Cunningham Higgins to view/request more info about a new CL AMG. He was quickly told where to go as it was very ovcious 'He could not afford it'. The next day, the same person drove up to Cunningman Higgins in his 1 year old AMG, and was treated very differently. In the end, he bought the AMG (Not sure if from you - Definately not the same salesman). So your above statment is BS, sorry.

a friend my arse, you deffinitely heard this story in the pub you big liar. This story is at least 10years old and his money didnt come from property:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

patsyh wrote:
    a friend my arse, you deffinitely heard this story in the pub you big liar. This story is at least 10years old and his money didnt come from property:rolleyes:
    Tumbs up:D

you can see 2 phantoms in the background. my guess is that its taken from a private collection somnewhere, not in a normal car park

tdc wrote:
    you can see 2 phantoms in the background. my guess is that its taken from a private collection somnewhere, not in a normal car park

Yeah maybe but who would be so mad to buy 2 phantoms and 2 veyrons in there collections:eek: . They must be RICH.

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

You see cars like that all over Dubai ( where it was taken) . The car parks are littered with them .

drdre wrote:
    Yeah maybe but who would be so mad to buy 2 phantoms and 2 veyrons in there collections:eek: . They must be RICH.
    well its there money, i wouldnt be surprised if there were a few more phantoms that we cant see in the picture and plenty of other supercars

tdc wrote:
    well its there money, i wouldnt be surprised if there were a few more phantoms that we cant see in the picture and plenty of other supercars

:D:D

well guys, sorry to bring back an old thread but is there any more news on the veyron. its due to arrive soon isn't it?

tdc wrote:
    well guys, sorry to bring back an old thread but is there any more news on the veyron. its due to arrive soon isn't it?

Id love to find out if anyone has seen it, i heard theres 2 coming to ireland.1 from galway dealer and 1 from sports and classics.Also i think i read someone in the motoring section that the galway one is already here.can nyone confirm this info please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Terrontress

I have it on good authority that Foster Motor Co of Sandyford had organised for one to be imported to Ireland.

Also that the only two companies who are authorised to sell them in Ireland are Charles Hurst in Belfast and Fosters in Dublin.

I would be extremely sceptical of someone claiming to be from a dealership which sells Veyrons who will then divulge personal information about customers, no matter how minor. It is unprofessional.

I saw a Veyron in the flesh in Berlin. There is a Volkswagen centre in Berlin which has all the models from the VW group, including Bugatti. There are ropes around it to prevent anyone getting too close but you can get close enough to get a good look at the interior.

Advertisement