Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Veyron

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

yeh I wouldn't have thought there was enough of a run to hit that speed and then slow down again...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I spoke with one of the guys doing work in a Dunlop Supercar (the ones that looked like mondeo's) and he said they get up to around 140-145mph on the main straight. the veyron has a little more power (700+bhp?)
    Re: the Veyron, total crap it was being followed around the track by a Ford Focus (think it was filming it for RPM) I didn't notice the brakes smoking on the Focus, nor on anything else racing on either day (and pushing a lot harder than they drove the Veyron)

It didn't even sound that impressive and it looks like a squashed Audi TT.

I didn't think it sounded to amazing either, i guess in it's onw right some achievement to make it quiet compared to other high performance cars All i could hear from the where i was was a woosh of air coming from the car.

Anyone want to shed some light on why the brakes where smoking? Lots of forces to slowdown, new brakes not used yet/much, happens to ceramic disc.... etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Um, where does the tow-bar fit?!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

steve06 wrote:
    ok we'll lets try something different.... any boardies spotted here in my pics?

2 of my crew are in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭Kersh

It hit 181mph on the straight using 700bhp, apparently there are 2 keys, one for 700bhp, one for 1000Bhp,
    There is even an alert sent back to the factory when the car is started. Allegedly they rang to owner to enquire how the car showed up in Dublin without having being driven or started up!.. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,791 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Kersh wrote:
    It hit 181mph on the straight using 700bhp, apparently there are 2 keys, one for 700bhp, one for 1000Bhp,
    There is even an alert sent back to the factory when the car is started. Allegedly they rang to owner to enquire how the car showed up in Dublin without having being driven or started up!.. :)

That's some cool information :cool:

Thanks for sharing, Kersh!

I had no idea the Veyron was going to do that kinda speed. I'm much more sorry now that I wasn't in the park last Sunday :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Kersh wrote:
    yeah, one 2 raise the spoiler and kick in the extra horses isn't there...

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

steve06 wrote:
    yeah, one 2 raise the spoiler and kick in the extra horses isn't there...

It had the spoiler raised during one of its laps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

When the 2nd key is used (1000bhp), the spoiler actually drops back down.

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Here lads i heard he is bringing it straight to Spain, the new owner that is. It wont be on the irish roads:(
    Is this true?:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Plug wrote:
    Here lads i heard he is bringing it straight to Spain, the new owner that is.

Seen that somewhere alright.
    It wont be on the irish roads:(
    Is this true?:eek:

Can't blame him for not wanting to drive it on Galway's roads.

He's from Co. Cork.
    Now ireland probly dosen't have a bugatti.
    I tell ya, i'd fcuking flake the roads out of it here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Someone please tell me that he didn't pay Irish VRT to drive in Spain...

Hagar wrote:
    Someone please tell me that he didn't pay Irish VRT to drive in Spain...
    He might just be going on holidays with it(hopefully).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

anyone have a link saying that its going to spain?? i doubt he paid VRT on it.

sure in the last week and a half i've heard:

-sport and classic delivered a veyron before cunningham higgins
    -the phoenix park veyron is going to spain
    -the phoenix park veyron was sold to a guy in cork
    -there was a veyron seen driving in galway last week
    -there was a veyron seen driving in lucan a few days ago

any sources/links/pictures for any of this??

I just heard it was going to spain, a few people heard it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 AndyT

tdc wrote:
    -there was a veyron seen driving in galway last week

any sources/links/pictures for any of this??

Source for that is me (or more correctly my GF) There are pics, but they're on her phone so I can't post them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

What I read was that the VRT bill was going to be in excess of E600K, when he discovered that he understandably said feck this and brought it to Spain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

I was lucky enough to see one parked up in London the other week outside a rather swanky hotel.....hidden behind an enormous Rolls Royce......never seen anything quite like it.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

@ cliffo27 - pimping is not permitted

• Advertisement
Advertisement