Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Veyron

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Hope it isn't one of the lads out of Westlife.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

colm_mcm wrote:
    Hope it isn't one of the lads out of Westlife.
    Nah i wouldnt say so.I would think its some car collector / Car enthusiast or some wealthy businessman who doesnt know where to spend his money:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

It is a car enthusiast, the person already owns at least one other mega-serious machine. ;)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

prospect wrote:
    It is a car enthusiast, the person already owns at least one other mega-serious machine. ;)
    Ford GT?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

kbannon wrote:
    Ford GT?
    Chipped Passat TDI 130 from the rumour I heard.

• Advertisement

kbannon wrote:
    Ford GT?

shh_fundance_11nov89.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

AJ! wrote:
    I think the owner of Molloy And Sherry Transport ordered one. I think his son owns Richford Motor Company...we talked about it on the "Here's What I Saw Today" thread

I was talking to someone recently about this and found out that it's not true, also found out the VRT on the Veyron is 550k... And Des Cullen is taking ownership of Ireland's first 599 GTB this month. They've also pre-ordered one of the first SLR convertibles in europe, and it'll be THE first SLR ever produced with regular doors!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

WizZard wrote:
    If you have to ask, you can't afford it ;):p

but seriously, that's a bit of an open ended question. Lots of factors influence insurance premiums, and none are mentioned there

Yeah agree its a bit open ended but was just curious as to whether it would be around the 5k area or the 30k area. Either way, as was eluded to, if your spending that on a car 30k isnt a problem.

As an aside I remember Clarkson sayin that each titanium indicator stalk is £4,500 if it needs replacing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,294 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

steve06 wrote:
    And Des Cullen is taking ownership of Ireland's first 499 this month.
    You mean 599? One ugly car.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Was there something in one of the papers about this today?:confused:

• Advertisement

steve06 wrote:
    I was talking to someone recently about this and found out that it's not true, also found out the VRT on the Veyron is 550k... And Des Cullen is taking ownership of Ireland's first 499 this month. They've also pre-ordered one of the first SLR convertibles in europe, and it'll be THE first SLR ever produced with regular doors!
    If the vrt is 550k then the prices for the veyron in the papers are wrong as its 1.2 million in europe and 550k added would make it pprox 1.8 million in ireland.Also the its not ferrari 499 but they usually get the ferraris first because des cullen has a close connections with ferrari directly, like the f430 they got was one of the 1st off the production line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

drdre wrote:
    If the vrt is 550k then the prices for the veyron in the papers are wrong as its 1.2 million in europe and 550k added would make it pprox 1.8 million in ireland.Also the its not ferrari 499 but they usually get the ferraris first because des cullen has a close connections with ferrari directly, like the f430 they got was one of the 1st off the production line
    ye 599, I pressed 4 by mistake... and it will be the first one in Ireland dre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

You mean 599? One ugly car.
    I didn't like it either till I saw one... they look class! The 550/575 are now killed off thanks to this!! The 612 on the other hand isn't my cuppa tea.

Biro wrote:
    I didn't like it either till I saw one... they look class! The 550/575 are now killed off thanks to this!! The 612 on the other hand isn't my cuppa tea.
    Yes it's ugly but it's $*%!ing amazing car which makes it beautiful - sort of like the Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione one really ugly car but at the same time it's just stunning. If you know what I mean.

Plug wrote:
    Was there something in one of the papers about this today?:confused:

Yeap i seen it in the mirror or evening herald.I cant remember which one i bought today.they were saying the same thing that its ordered from galway dealership etc.And that its 1.2 million ,I still cant believe its going to be sold that cheap as there 1.2 in europe without vrt.and vrt is approx 550k as mentioned in this thread.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭turbo

drdre wrote:
    Yeap i seen it in the mirror or evening herald.I cant remember which one i bought today.they were saying the same thing that its ordered from galway dealership etc.And that its 1.2 million ,I still cant believe its going to be sold that cheap as there 1.2 in europe without vrt.and vrt is approx 550k as mentioned in this thread.:cool:

it'll end up costing close to 2 million ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Gordan Ramsey drove his 599 in Ireland about 3-4 weeks ago, I didnt see it (Im in Vietnam) but it was parked in Eyre sq for about 20mins by all accounts.

turbo wrote:
    it'll end up costing close to 2 million ;)

yes thats what i was thinking.These cars are in demand so they are expensive to purchase.The dealer also has to make abit of profit so its going to be no where near 1.2 million.

Yes it's ugly but it's $*%!ing amazing car which makes it beautiful - sort of like the Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione one really ugly car but at the same time it's just stunning. If you know what I mean.
    Seriously though, have you seen one in the metal yet? I honestly think they're the best looking V12 Ferrari in a long time.

sort of like the Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione one really ugly car

:eek: :eek: :eek:

8C-5.gif

alfa-romeo-8c-competzione.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Side profile is nice, front is dodge!

Let's admit it it's not a pretty car - the only thing the 8C has going for it is that it's a savage car and therefore it's beautiful because of that. A lot of modern cars are like that the 599 ALL of the better cars in the BWM range (new M3 is an eyesore ditto M5) and there is only one beautiful modern Merc (CLS). Look at the Zonda it's design is just a joke a monkey on acid made it but it's still mind blowing **because** it's so insane. Anyway that's the way I see it.

Let's admit it it's not a pretty car -

I am sorry, but I could not disagree more. I think it is absoloutely stunningly beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

prospect wrote:
    I am sorry, but I could not disagree more. I think it is absoloutely stunningly beautiful.

Im withyou on this prospect, Its a beautiful car, Its kinda looks like a smoother TVR.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭turbo

prospect wrote:

i saw one at the paris motor show and it looked so nice. Theres one ordered for the cork region ;)

I know what you're saying about a car being attractive because of it's capabilities rather than it's appearance, but I like that alfa looks wise, and I like the 599. The Zonda isn't a design classic, but does look "cool" because of it's overall devistating ability is reflected in its looks.
    Actually, I think the new Audi R8 is fantastic looking. Something which I reckon was never uttered before ever about any Audi.

Biro wrote:
    I know what you're saying about a car being attractive because of it's capabilities rather than it's appearance, but I like that alfa looks wise, and I like the 599. The Zonda isn't a design classic, but does look "cool" because of it's overall devistating ability is reflected in its looks.
    Actually, I think the new Audi R8 is fantastic looking. Something which I reckon was never uttered before ever about any Audi.

I would prefer a Zonda over any lambo ferrari.It looks amazing and the sound is just :eek: :eek:

I've just read my posts and I must say I must have been temporarily insane for a while the 8C is actually a very sexy car I have it as my wallpaper and I love the OTT Zonda so really I don't know what the hell came over me. I'm just going to go and have a lie down until the insanity goes away.

drdre wrote:
    I would prefer a Zonda over any lambo ferrari.It looks amazing and the sound is just :eek: :eek:
    Having seen it in the metal, it is very striking looking, and will turn more heads than anything else. I love the looks, but would never consider it a design classic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

It's one of the Fitzgerald clan from Clarinbridge who has ordered this car. Their family has a construction company here in Galway. People from Galway will know of them or at least have seen some of their collection of cars around the area. They have a big ass Hummer, Caddie Escalade, Lambo (not sure what type), Jag, Bentley for the daddy and a Helicopter as well as a Mansion on "millionares" road outside Clarinbridge. The Veyron will have a fairly frustrating existance as there are feck all roads around here where it will be able to stretch its legs.

Advertisement