Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bumper Accomodation Thread *Put ALL Accomodation queries here*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 incoqnito

Me! I had castelwhite accommodation booked but had to cancel it a few days ago in case i got another offer, but now i'm definitely doing arts at ucc so need to find somewhere =/

• Registered Users Posts: 26 KingaC1401

i looked on daft.ie and found some house sharings with reasonable prices! Going over tomorrow to arrange a few viewings.. i advice you to do the same :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 maii95

I would highly recommend the option of staying in digs in cork if your a first year student far from home the cost is a bit higher but this includes electricity bills, refuse, breakfast and dinner etc. The ucc accommodation website is great

http://www.uccaccommodation.ie/propertytype/digs/

• Registered Users Posts: 11 CrazyCatGirl

Hey,

Have a single bedroom available on Dorgan's Road, 4 other girls in the house. Rent is 265 a month, pm me for details and viewing. UPC in the house, large sitting room, dining room and separate kitchen. 2mins from UCC and close to CUH, Wilton area etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Cove.Throne

2 spaces free in 4 bed house on Glasheen road. Its at the top of Glasheen near Centra so about five minutes or so from main campus. Its 90 E a week but a pretty nice and quite place. Suitable for someone in the 3rd/ final year or postgrads. Leave me a message if anyones interested or has questions. Thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 niamhc11

has anyone stayed on barrack street could they tell me what its like thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

niamhc11 wrote: »
    has anyone stayed on barrack street could they tell me what its like thanks

I'm living on it atm and last year its very nice you got a great chipper in Lennoxs and you have a off licence and a centra up the road and a few pubs. Very close to city centre too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 niamhc11

is your house yellow on barrack street

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭niamhhealy86

Is there a limit on broadband in farranlea hall? a download limit i mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭castykidd

2 bedroom house with 1 single room left. 300 a month not including bills. great location. high speed upc internet and tv channels. 46" 3d tv, surround sound system, computer printer.

House can be viewed and moved in tomorrow if wanted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭castykidd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Corkgirl18

Got in to UCC late and now looking for accommodation. In 3rd year so don't really want to go to student accommodation again. All the nice houses seem to be gone so if anyone has a space anywhere in a nice house, close to college can they let me know please?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 baby fingers breen

Hey guys, my 3 room mates and I are looking for someone to move in any time from now. We're all girls doing Law, Genetics and Zoology. 3 of us are in final year and looking for a friendly person to take up the 5th room. the rent would be 75 p/w and the house is just between Glasheen Road and Magazine Road. We take care of the bills ourselves. If anybody is interested or wants to know some more info just PM me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 CrazyCatGirl

Hey there, 1 small bedroom available in house on Dorgans road (between glasheen road and magazine road). Single bed, 50 euro per week, lovely big house. 4 other girls in house, all in 3rd/4th year...Pm me for any more details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭CaoimheCweeva

Hey, anyone know where a St John's student could live?

I'll (hopefully) be going there next September :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 JassC

Could anyone tell me where would be best to rent for the 3 months of the summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ladygem

Hi .. Just wondering what the situation for accommodation for the second term at UCC is? A friend and I will only need accom from Jan 2015 until June 1, 2015. Also is the village ok? Is the internet still restricted or have they lightened up a bit? Thanks for any help! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Looking for a room in town, preferably 5-10 mins walk to the bus station if anyone knows of anything. Will be starting a 6month contract so will stay for that length and longer if it gets renewed.

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lyssalou12

Hi there! I am an international student from the US who will be studying at UCC for autumn semester. Since I have just been accepted, its time to start looking at accommodation.

I'll be a third year, looking for a good time and great people. I am very social, but also need some peace and quiet every now and then. The problem is, all I know about the apartment complexes is from what I can read and look at on the websites and that's not very helpful since every place thinks they're the best. So if anyone has any recommendations, or advice, it would be much appreciated. Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Sucette!

Would anyone know the main First Year student accomodation complexes around UCC? Ive heard Castlewhite, Vic Lodge and Vic Mills? :). Is there many 1st years in Victoria Mills?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 Sizing Waterford

Sucette! wrote: »
    Would anyone know the main First Year student accomodation complexes around UCC? Ive heard Castlewhite, Vic Lodge and Vic Mills? :). Is there many 1st years in Victoria Mills?
    yeah vic mills wud be a good spot to go for ur first year. Brookefield wud be another one u shud consider for the general craic. I resided in the village accom in vic cross in my own first year of ucc and i have to say it is the biggest dump ever. They have this old man gerry doing security every nite, if he dosent like u he wont let u have friends over, not even during the day. The village should rename the complexes name to the prison in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Mcd2812

What's the Internet speed/reliability like in Victoria Mills?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭niamhhealy86

I'd try farranlea hall if i were you.

I'm just finished first year and thats where I'm staying. had absolutely no problems here! every room has an ensuite and the best part of it all is that there is unlimited broadband and tbf its really fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Dave47

Vic mills is def good but for the price having 7 or 8 to an apartment is a bit ridiculous. They have a waiting list every year tho so fairplay to em.
    Brookfield has awful internet- jennings pool part is nice tho- they say it's for second years but that can be negotiated :P
    Farranlea is decent and would be my recommendation overall. For Second years and above I'd say the college accomodation is best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 owenmcboley

should i put my name down for the accommodation before i even know if i got accepted into the course?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lass70

Hi all- I will be in Cork for a month while a friend is teaching at UCC. We were booked at Castlewhite but have been told that there are mold/maintenance issues and spotty wifi. It is imperative that we have reliable wifi so that my husband can work while we're there. We have 3 adults and 3 teen boys. I have received emails confirming availability at Victoria Mills for a 5/6 bedroom apt, and at Deanshall Crosses Green, where we can either let two 3 bdrm apts, or one 5 bdrm. All of the reviews that I've seen for Deanshall were older reviews and sort of all over the place. People seem to either love or hate them- no in-between. Any advice between the two? The price is not an issue. It seems as though DH has the better location (?), but VM is nicer.
    Flights are booked and we need to get the apartment settled. Any help is appreciated.

lass70 wrote: »
    Hi all- I will be in Cork for a month while a friend is teaching at UCC. We were booked at Castlewhite but have been told that there are mold/maintenance issues and spotty wifi. It is imperative that we have reliable wifi so that my husband can work while we're there. We have 3 adults and 3 teen boys. I have received emails confirming availability at Victoria Mills for a 5/6 bedroom apt, and at Deanshall Crosses Green, where we can either let two 3 bdrm apts, or one 5 bdrm. All of the reviews that I've seen for Deanshall were older reviews and sort of all over the place. People seem to either love or hate them- no in-between. Any advice between the two? The price is not an issue. It seems as though DH has the better location (?), but VM is nicer.
    Flights are booked and we need to get the apartment settled. Any help is appreciated.

I know people who 've stayed at Vic Mills loved it, not too sure about Deanshall myself. If you're afraid DH will be worse - mixed reviews - then go with Vic Mills, though it is further out from city centre, whereas DH is central. Hope I helped :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lass70

Thank you- I do feel that I'm safer going with Vic Mills with regard to the newness of the property and it being nicer. What I'm trying to weigh out is whether or not the value of the nicer apartment is more important than being closer to pubs and areas of interest. I don't want to come all the way from the US to live in the suburbs, you know?
    The staff at Deanshall have been very helpful with my multitude of questions. If it were one-to-one on the condition of the apartments, then DH would be the obvious choice. I just want to be comfortable since we're staying there for a month. That said, I will likely not be there much during the day, only in the evenings ... It's a difficult decision without really seeing the place.

Thank you- I do feel that I'm safer going with Vic Mills with regard to the newness of the property and it being nicer. What I'm trying to weigh out is whether or not the value of the nicer apartment is more important than being closer to pubs and areas of interest. I don't want to come all the way from the US to live in the suburbs, you know?
    The staff at Deanshall have been very helpful with my multitude of questions. If it were one-to-one on the condition of the apartments, then DH would be the obvious choice. I just want to be comfortable since we're staying there for a month. That said, I will likely not be there much during the day, only in the evenings ... It's a difficult decision without really seeing the place.

Yeah, I'd be the same. I've been in Vic Mils and it is pretty nice, and I've seen the outside of DH which is far nicer, more homely. I'd a friend who stayed there for college last year and I know she loved it, I guess it's a hit and miss really. If one of your options was the student village, I'd be able to help you more. Lived there from September 12 to August of last year, loved it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Anonymou

Vic mills is still pretty handy for getting into the city centre if thats the aspect you are most worried about, only around a 20/25 minute walk so its not that far out of the way really!

Advertisement