Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bumper Accomodation Thread *Put ALL Accomodation queries here*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Princessina

JenMol wrote: »
    Hi

There's a free UCC car park at Dennehys Cross. Its just before the roundabout for College Road and Glasheen Road. Its free but I think they might close by night and not sure if they allow cars parking over night. Other than that I can't think of any place to park your car. To be honest I'm having difficulty to find accommodation with parking myself.

Ive been suggested there aswell ill defo give that a go too thank you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

Hi Jenmol. I'm a final year PhD student and need to sort out somewhere to live myself by the end of September, and parking is a must. If you want to pm me we could have a chat and see I few can work something out?

Hi,

I am looking for accommodation for September. I will be starting my postgraduate course and I'm having great difficulty the last month trying to find accommodation because everywhere is booked out and many places don't have car spaces. I have been looking into UCC accommodation and all apartment complexes including University Hall, Vic Mills, etc are booked out. I have been looking at Orchird Gardens apartment at Dennehys Cross which look lovely but I need to find possible housemates. I was wondering if anyone is interested in these apartments or if anyone knows of someone looking for a housemate.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭ciaradx

closeline wrote: »
    Anyone have an idea what money you would be talking for a house within 5 minutes of college. Thinking along the lines of College Road, Magazine Road.

Houses that close to college will be mostly 85/90 a week and above.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭NeoSD5

Hi Jenmol. I'm a final year PhD student and need to sort out somewhere to live myself by the end of September, and parking is a must. If you want to pm me we could have a chat and see I few can work something out?

Also looking for accommodation with mature students or postgrads. I'm going to work for CIT as an intern. Need parking too, so maybe we can join and find something decent. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14 JenMol

NeoSD5 wrote: »
    Also looking for accommodation with mature students or postgrads. I'm going to work for CIT as an intern. Need parking too, so maybe we can join and find something decent. thanks

I just got my accommodation sorted last night. Best of luck with getting your accommodation sorted.

• Advertisement

I just got my accommodation sorted last night. Best of luck with getting your accommodation sorted.

Good luck :) thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cats2014

3 girls in a house of 8 looking for people between 2nd and 3rdth year to share a house with, pm if interested.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭Electric Boobs

cats2014 wrote: »
    3 girls in a house of 8 looking for people between 2nd and 3rdth year to share a house with, pm if interested.
    most college houses are durty!!

where?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭Arnold Tanzarian

there should be plenty of houses still left,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

NeoSD5 wrote: »

Hi Neo, I'm still looking for a place, so if you send me a pm maybe we can have a chat about it? I'm away for the next few days with no internet so mightn't be the fastest replying, just to let you know...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LornM

Hi - looking for ensuite room for 4th yr female student - if anyone can help? Tks in advance

Looking for someone male/female to rent 2 bedroom house/apartment for 6+ month, male postgraduate student. Pm if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 1 chocochip

Looking for single or double room near UCC..can anyone help?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Colour Insanity

UCC Accomodation Services page on Facebook are posting places up for rent daily! Anyone looking, I recommend looking there :)

embraer170 wrote: »
    I heard Victoria Mills were playing games with the internet access (blocking certain content, P2P and so on)...
    P2P??

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Colour Insanity

P2P??

Peer to Peer downloading, aka torrenting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Any student accomodation that is on the Universities Wifi will have their web filters in place. Castlewhite definitely does, victoria mills probably does too.

magicianz wrote: »
    Any student accomodation that is on the Universities Wifi will have their web filters in place. Castlewhite definitely does, victoria mills probably does too.
    but that doesn't mean that they can see what you're looking at????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

If they really wanted to know they could find out, same as anywhere else can when you're connected to the internet....

They don't care. They have their web filters to stop certain ports being used by students, thats pretty much it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Dave47

but that doesn't mean that they can see what you're looking at????

it's only filters to block high-traffic stuff like gaming and torrenting. The internet is bad enough in most of the accomodations, allowing torrenting would make it a nightmare.

Anyone know what gaffs still have places left? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭HurtLocker

Not sure if I should post this here but does anyone know if living at home during 1st year is a big disadvantage in terms of the "college experience"? Ive no idea whether I should move out. Live a 15 minute drive from UCC but would hate to miss out on stuff. Hopefully one of my friends has a sofa to crash on.

Tbh Ive no idea what to expect going into college :/

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Ashcarz

Brookfield literally just cancelled with me too ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Joe95

Anyone looking for accommodation in Cork City for college or whatever, looking for one more housemate in a three bedroom apartment. It's in the middle of CIT and College of Commerce and 10 minutes walk from UCC. It's €82p/w including internet, parking, cable tv, etc. Will send pictures if interested. Please send me a message asap if you are interested.

HurtLocker wrote: »
    Not sure if I should post this here but does anyone know if living at home during 1st year is a big disadvantage in terms of the "college experience"? Ive no idea whether I should move out. Live a 15 minute drive from UCC but would hate to miss out on stuff. Hopefully one of my friends has a sofa to crash on.

Tbh Ive no idea what to expect going into college :/
    Well it is a huge amount of money to save if it's only 15 mins. I'd rather keep the money... or take the money instead(if it's daddy's). I'm 25 minutes

Dave47 wrote: »
    it's only filters to block high-traffic stuff like gaming and torrenting. The internet is bad enough in most of the accomodations, allowing torrenting would make it a nightmare.

Anyone know what gaffs still have places left? Thanks.
    So I presume you're looking for a house as opposed to a complex? Some of those houses on the Eastern side of college road(towards gillabbey st) are quite dirty, and would be very loud. You'd want to be an animal to live there, or at least a party animal!

I hate your username. It doesn't sound like the username of an intellectual anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's for sure!

What about those apartments near Dennehy's cross? What's the story with those??

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Dave47

What about those apartments near Dennehy's cross? What's the story with those??

the ones by the tesco? Lot of them rented, I think the building was in nama for a while- talk of it becoming student accomodation for a bit.

Surprised at the people getting canceled that's very bad form.

Btw anyone know of any decent apartment complexes that are left?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 173 ✭✭LasTime

Dave47 wrote: »
    Btw anyone know of any decent apartment complexes that are left?
    Yeah, popping by orchard apartments at dennehys cross tomorrow for a viewing. €1,200/month for 3 bedroom doesn't sound too bad at all. Get in touch if interested.

Advertisement