Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bumper Accomodation Thread *Put ALL Accomodation queries here*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Anyone be able to recomend a 6/7 bedroom house with parking on college road/ Highfield Avenue/west?? PM me, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 baby fingers breen

Hey, I'm looking for a cheapish (max. €80 p/w) 4 bed house for a group share. We've checked out the usual sites but still nothing. Does anybody know of any good houses out there that aren't listed yet? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭HelpImAlive

Have to stay in Cork for summer due to work placement.. houses seem to be 40ish a week, student accom approx 60 including bills.. How much would bills be on average a month in a house? Trying to figure out what to do right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Seanh111

I'm looking for accomodation on college road for 3/4 people for summer months? anyone got any ideas? willing to pay maximum of €45! Thanks :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,143 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hi guys! Starting a masters in UCC in September and looking to find a place now. Place on Wilton Rd. has caught my eye. That would be about 15 minutes walk from campus right?

Also is €90pw pretty much the standard for rent? I do see one or two places advertising between 50 and 60 but I'm assuming thats just for the summer months....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Iv never been in either but i recommend victoria mills similar to university halls. I often walked by it going to ucc. Also depends on course both accommodation close to ucc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Hi guys! Starting a masters in UCC in September and looking to find a place now. Place on Wilton Rd. has caught my eye. That would be about 15 minutes walk from campus right?

Also is €90pw pretty much the standard for rent? I do see one or two places advertising between 50 and 60 but I'm assuming thats just for the summer months....

I'm also looking for Postgrad accommodation, 85+ seems to be the standard rate for a decent place.

Have ye looked at the orchard gardens apartments the old ones off victoria cross and new ones off denneheys cross? Denneheys one is catered for postgrads if you look at ucc accommodation website. Might be too pricey but lovely apartments and great location. Tesco express. Not far from ucc.

doovdela wrote: »
    Have ye looked at the orchard gardens apartments the old ones off victoria cross and new ones off denneheys cross? Denneheys one is catered for postgrads if you look at ucc accommodation website. Might be too pricey but lovely apartments and great location. Tesco express. Not far from ucc.

I think i'd have to sell my kidneys for them. :pac:

Corkfeen wrote: »
    I think i'd have to sell my kidneys for them. :pac:

I know! :p

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,143 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah, I enquired about the University Halls ones. €5,331 and thats only from September to the end of May. They look really nice but not a hope I could afford that.

Think deans halls or apartments near wilton/bishopstown might suit?

doovdela wrote: »
    Think deans halls or apartments near wilton/bishopstown might suit?

Thanks, that looks a lot more affordable, do you know if internet, electricity etc. is included in those prices?

Yeah, I enquired about the University Halls ones. €5,331 and thats only from September to the end of May. They look really nice but not a hope I could afford that.

I'm looking at Abbey Wharf, all bills are covered in the price and i'm finding it rather tempting. Here's a list of apartment complexes and it points out which ones cover bills.
    http://www.uccaccommodation.ie/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Current-students-Complex-Price-Summary.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭lilymc

Thanks, that looks a lot more affordable, do you know if internet, electricity etc. is included in those prices?

My boyfriend lived in Deans Hall, It's lovely. Electricity and internet included. Washing facilities on site, Internet is good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭housetypeb

4 bed house to let at lower end of barracks street-around the corner from Deans hall, 1500/month, bins, internet/wifi and basic cable with flat screen tv provided by landlord, your only bills will be rent and the esb and gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

In university halls does your rent cover ESB etc. ?? I know there's an initial deposit at the beginning could anyone explain please ? Thanks !

3fullback wrote: »
    In university halls does your rent cover ESB etc. ?? I know there's an initial deposit at the beginning could anyone explain please ? Thanks !

I don't really know how the deposit works but when they e-mailed me back they said bills were included in rent.

I don't really know how the deposit works but when they e-mailed me back they said bills were included in rent.

I'd presume it would have to be , fact it's a apt complex and part of ucc acomm ! Anyone else have any experience !?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

I'd presume it would have to be , fact it's a apt complex and part of ucc acomm ! Anyone else have any experience !?

Lived in Uni Hall last year and going back again in September! Ask away :)

Yes, bills are paid. Everything is covered apart from washing machines :) Rooms are lovely, apartments are amazing and it's so quiet. Internet is being fixed this year so it'll be a lot better and there is never any hassle from the wardens, it's very handy like.

• Advertisement

Lived in Uni Hall last year and going back again in September! Ask away :)

Yes, bills are paid. Everything is covered apart from washing machines :) Rooms are lovely, apartments are amazing and it's so quiet. Internet is being fixed this year so it'll be a lot better and there is never any hassle from the wardens, it's very handy like.

That's brill thanks for your help, does everyone get to know each other ? also how many to an apt ?

Any other adivce you can give me would be great ðŸ˜႒!

Thanks so much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

That's brill thanks for your help, does everyone get to know each other ? also how many to an apt ?

Any other adivce you can give me would be great ðŸ˜႒!

Thanks so much

They organise events so you can get to know people! It could be anything from 2 to 5 people per apt.

Location is great - close to college and has all the shops nearby. Sinead - the woman in charge is also very approachable. Never had any issues with her.

Anything else? :)

Im not really sure as dont know of anyone who lived there but it would be for most student accommodation. Electricity and bills might be seperate. Internet might be wifi. Best get in contact with them to find out for sure of the details.

They organise events so you can get to know people! It could be anything from 2 to 5 people per apt.

Location is great - close to college and has all the shops nearby. Sinead - the woman in charge is also very approachable. Never had any issues with her.

Anything else? :)

Thanks again I'm going on my own so a bit apprehensive ! But seems great !

Anyone have any experience with the victoria Station apartments?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

;);)Advice to those looking for house accomodation!

take a walk up through college,magazine,highfield road and look at the houses,,

They usually have signs at the front 'Room available' etc.

I did this the last 5 years in UCC and always found a house,

You could arrange multiple viewings for different houses etc

• Registered Users Posts: 11 bah94

I've stayed in Brookfield this year and my friends have atayed in vic mills and the two main issues my friends would have with vic mills is the distance and the broadband is shockng over there (theres a limit to how much each person can use a day) if you don't mind sharing a bathroom i'd def recommend brookfield!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 jesus!tony

Korasa wrote: »
    Allo lads. Found out today I got my place in UCC so it looks like I will be taking up my booking for Castlewhite. Wondering what the place is like to live in to be honest. Spent some time there a few years ago and it seemed nice enough. How are the people there? Is it madly noisy or do people keep it low? And most importantly, is the internet there any good or will I have to pick up a 3g stick? thanks in advance.

The accommodation itself is brilliant. Great heating, great kitchen, brilliant location near campus and your bedroom is really nice. The internet is connected upto main campus so all you have to do is register your devices in the boole basement, no need of a stick. I would say to put in that you dont want to live on the ground floor cause of the amount of people that pass by in a day is crazy. I was there two years ago and the crowd is mainly chinese and people from the middle east. They are all quiet and friendly although they tend not to mix. There is always a crowd of Irish people though and if you make the effort you will make friends :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 jesus!tony

Anyone have any experience with the victoria Station apartments?

I would go with faranlea hall if you are living in that area :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 pollyc_13

Hey everyone,

I will be studying at UCC as an international student for the autumn semester from Canada, super excited :)

Since I'll be the equivalent of a 4th year, I submitted an application to stay at University Hall so I'll have a quieter place to study and hopefully more students my age. From what I've read it seems like a nice place to stay. Can anyone tell me the types of students who typically live there (Masters, Undergrads, local, visiting/international)? Just curious.

Also, I just submitted the online application today, what are the chances I'll get my first choice? I'm only here for the autumn semester...

Thanks!

Advertisement