Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bumper Accomodation Thread *Put ALL Accomodation queries here*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 haileyb

I'm staying in the Village, went down and had a look and it seemed really nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 MartonD2

Same the village all the way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ASA

I'm looking for short term accommodation (4-5 weeks) in Cork- from nowish til mid September. I was wondering if anyone has a spare room? Would be perfect if someone is on placement or not moving down until term starts- I'd cover rent and bills until you moved back!

Hi ihearttea22

We have a list of short term accommodation that would be suitable for you. If you PM your email address I can forward it onto you.

All the best

Accommodation Office

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

Mature 24 yr old male student looking for a house to share , finding it difficult to get accomodation hope I didn't leave it to late.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 rosebud93

I'm putting a deposit down on a house today which will have 2 double rooms (300€) and a single (250€) available to move in on Friday (hopefully!)

Lovely modern house in Summerstown, Wilton with garden.

To live with a 3rd year student midwife and my sister. Wanting a relaxed and easygoing house, not a party scene!

Please contact me ASAP by pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 thebeat7a

Mature 24 yr old male student looking for a house to share , finding it difficult to get accomodation hope I didn't leave it to late.

Hey there, we're looking for someone to fill the forth room in our clean, spacious home on the Glasheen ROAD.

Three 3rd year Nurses, one of whom is mature.

thebeat7a wrote: »
    Hey there, we're looking for someone to fill the forth room in our clean, spacious home on the Glasheen ROAD.

Three 3rd year Nurses, one of whom is mature.

Why are the other two immature ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Blind Winds Blowing

Hey Guys ;)

7 bed house on Gillabbey Street right accross the road from subway and beside the Rock pub.

It's 300 a month (75 per week) literally under 10 mins from college and city center.

Myself and my friend are moving in and the landlord is looking for more people :p

Anyone with questions just PM >snip<

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Seanh111

lovely house on St Clares Avenue, 2 rooms available! 2 girls and 2 fellas in the house as well, parking available...pm for more details! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

im staying in castlewhite, anyone have any ideas what its like? :)
    and anyone else just moving in? :pac:
    p.s yes ive heard the repeated nickname castlessh*te but still fail to see why its called that? :confused:

• Advertisement

MartonD2 wrote: »
    Why are the other two immature ??

he probably just means shes older...you know? a mature student?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 kimkim

shane9689 wrote: »
    he probably just means shes older...you know? a mature student?

i'm pretty sure he was joking by asking that question:rolleyes::)

Haha some people dont understand sarcasm :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭castykidd

21 and 23 year old final year student couple looking to share an upper market 2 double bed apartment/house with another couple/student.

We were looking at a price range of approx 900 euro a month ,max to split with the above, providing an amazing property at half the cost.
    Here is a prime example of a place we would be looking to rent if we found someone to share with

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1254237

get back to me asap. looking to move in as soon as possible for college year

rob- 087 153 9357 text or call anytime

Also if anyone is looking to fill a large double room and accepts couples around ucc area then drop me a call or text. max budget up to 600 month
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

hi,was wondering does anybody know anything about north quay place?seems okay on the site and is pretty cheap but I want to know a bit more before I decide.Don't mind that its kinda in the city cos I'm doing architecture so I'll be in Copley Street anyway.Otherwise does anybody know anything anyway decent and cheap, as in less than €65 per week?Heard something about rooms opposite the Maradyke but cant find anything at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭castykidd

hi,was wondering does anybody know anything about north quay place?seems okay on the site and is pretty cheap but I want to know a bit more before I decide.Don't mind that its kinda in the city cos I'm doing architecture so I'll be in Copley Street anyway.Otherwise does anybody know anything anyway decent and cheap, as in less than €65 per week?Heard something about rooms opposite the Maradyke but cant find anything at the moment

college road/ barrack street full of em no problem finding somewhere just search daft.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ASA

Hi Sprucemoose

There are a number of options that are available to you. We have accommodation on our website that would be in and around your price range. You can find a link here, to the properties that may suit your budget.

If you have any questions or queries please do not hesitate to get in contact with us.

All the best

Accommodation Office

• Registered Users Posts: 26 seandooleyking

Has anybody actually even moved up yet? I'm moving up tomorrow and am absolutely bricking myself that I'll be alone in my apartment. Staying in The Village, by the way. :(

Has anybody actually even moved up yet? I'm moving up tomorrow and am absolutely bricking myself that I'll be alone in my apartment. Staying in The Village, by the way. :(

why so early?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Nicole.

Hi, I've moved up but I'm not staying in the village. A few people have moved up to the Village already (was talking to a roommate who's been down there) so you won't be the only one.

• Advertisement

shane9689 wrote: »
    why so early?

I start work, and I just want to get started really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

I'm not moving stuff up till next Monday,am I later than most?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

Meglamonia wrote: »
    I'm not moving up until the 20th, I think :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12 haileyb

Meglamonia wrote: »

not moving up till the 14th or 15th :)

Has anybody (besides myself) moved up to The Village yet? :D I'm on my own here in my apartment haha

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Landoflemon

Hi guys, I'm posting this on behalf of my girlfriend.

Herself and her friend, both 23, both starting postgrads in UCC, are looking for someone to share their 3 bed apartment with. The apartment is bright, modern and spacious and has underground parking. It is in the Sean Mhuileann complex opposite the Heineken factory on Leitrim street so only a 7 minute walk into town. The rent per month is 360, including refuse and parking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

Anybody live up in Wilton? Im across from the Tescos. 50 pound a week. Not bad, not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 panda92

Hey!!
    I'm going into first year in UCC and I've booked vic lodge...
    I heard a lot of stories saying its really noisy and not that good craic.... :O

Just wondering is that true???

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭sheeba7

What happens if I book accommodation for UCC , go up in the rechecks and move to college in Dublin?
    Will I have to pay 5000 for the accommodation in Cork?
    Anybody here been in the same position ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

Depends on where you're living, afaik you'd lose your deposit anyway, but you might get back what's left of the rent you paid if the accommodation management find a replacement tenant for you (e.g. you move out in September, they find a replacement in mid-October, you only pay the rent to mid-October). Best bet is to check with reception for your particular complex.

Also, if you go up in points, you might get the requirements for the course you wanted but if the course was filled already you might have to defer the year afaik. Just bear that in mind before you give notice or find accommodation in Dublin, it could be an issue.

Advertisement