Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q & A with HectorJelly

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭loosecannon

are u going to start playing any satellites at any point?

do you think that you will always be a winning player, or could circumstances (tilt, losing interest, retiring etc) cause you to become a losing player?

do you think you're a better online or live player?

am i better than my brother at poker?? (mainly so i can forward response to alex...)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭Mr. Flibble

Would you often (say 1ce/session/table) overbet a raised pot online?

Is there any chance you would share some of your multitable HHs so I and others can see how you play and learn from you. (I can instruct you how to replace your nick with something else for all your HHs en mass).

Right now, if somebody staked you for 75% would you take the offer and play at higher levels? What level would you choose?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

lafortezza wrote:

What levels are you currently playing online

1/2 and 2/4
    lafortezza wrote:
    Are you running bad or goot?

Very bad, I lost a series of hands over of a few hands that really was incredible. I got it all in with 4 sets and lost each one of them, twice to gutshots.
    lafortezza wrote:
    Who is the biggest bollix on the poker forum?

Im not sure.

handsfree wrote:
    how did you blow your bankroll?

do you ever go to the lower limits and blow $50 or so just for a bit of craic?

I didnt really blow it, I just severly depleted it! I spent a lot of money, ran really bad and probably played bad for a month or so and then went to vegas and had an expensive three week holiday

I sometimes go into very low stakes nl games and push for half an hour or so, or sometimes I get some friends and we invade a low stakes limit game for a while; the rule is you have to bet and raise every street regardless of your holding. Its kind of fun! And the other players always go mental. One of the best times ive had was getting loads of high stakes players to do this for a while, most of us all sitting at a 1c 2c limit game with over 10k. Tommyboy, Royal Flush + Panther were there if I recall properly.

What/(how much $$) would you like to do in poker for 2007..

I havent really thought about it yet. 200k+ certainly
    How much did you win in 2006??

Its not over yet! I havent done anything like I wanted to do this year, it would be in six figures though (just about)
    Has poker ever made you cry

Haha no. When I saw that guy on the WSOP crying I couldnt stop laughing for days. What a tool! I cry at sad films and so on, poker doesnt really make me that upset.
    Fancy a heads up game?? if you win IOU $100, if I win all your post for the yeear have to contain the advise....."I'd wait for a better spot.."raise for info"..."check minrase to define your hand"

Make it 1k and you are on. Id definitely pay $100 not to post things like that

• Advertisement

careca wrote:
    You play five-a-side football, yet you look like you wouldn't trap a bag of cement. Are you any good ?

you knew about 'stop and go' strategy when most never heard of it, any other nuggets we should know about ?

Im quite good if im playing with average players. Im definitely one of the stronger players in my group, but im no where near competitive level. Im very fast and strong which are my biggest strengths.

No limit holdem is about raising and reraising preflop, thats it.

ianmc38 wrote:
    Which charity do you dislike the most?

There are so many to choose from! Id have to research this.

sendic wrote:
    I know you hate unlikely hypothetical situations, but seeing as how you're in the well...

its the FT of a satellite, 6 players remaining, 5 tickets, 6th get nothing. there is one shortstack of 10BBs, everyone else is pretty even on ~30BBs.

the shortstack pushes allin UTG, everyone calls. youre in the BB. you know the others arent insane and wont bet into a dry side pot in this instance.

would you call with any two?

what if you only had 15BBs?

No I wouldnt call with any 2, and I would definitely not call if I only had 15bbs unless I had a good hand. I would call in the first instance with any decent hand with multiway potential.

Daithio wrote:
    What do you see as the biggest weaknesses in your game? Where do you think you need to improve? Same question for strengths. I know these questions are quite hard to answer.

The biggest strength is my understanding of the game and the interaction between all the different variables, stack sizes and so on. Also I can think faster and more logically than my opponents.

My weakness are tilt and boredom. Im not sure I would make it as a live pro as I get so unbelievably bored I start limping 28s utg. I could improve my hand reading, I sometimes concentrate too much on just what odds im being offered at any stage.
    Daithio wrote:
    Since you've started keeping records/ been pro, how much have you made on average per month? I know alot of people wouldn't feel comfortable answering this and no worries if you don't want to.

I dont really feel comfortable giving my total results on a public forum, its not information i share with my friends or family! Ive had 2 losing months out of 24, my smallest win was about 3k I think, and my best win was close over 20k.
    Daithio wrote:
    What were your biggest winning/ losing sessions?

I made 14k in one day once, which ruled! I think ive probably lost 3k in day before.
    Daithio wrote:
    Will you be going to Vegas next year for the WSOP?

I doubt it. If im play in the world series I will.
    Daithio wrote:
    How long do you see yourself playing poker as your sole source of income for? If you do ever plan to give up poker as your sole source of income, what would you like to do / what would you do instead?

Until I have so much money I never need to work again. I would like to run my own business and will probably do this at some stage in my life.
    Daithio wrote:
    What did you do before you started playing poker for a living?

IT and training

[/QUOTE]
    Do you think if you had the BR you'd beat the 'High Stakes Poker' game?[/QUOTE]

Very few people on that show played well. I actually thougt it was a very good litmus test, basically if someone though sam farha or eli elezra played wll then it was clear they had no clue about poker. I would definitely beat those players, you saw phil laak come into the game and basically play tight boring unimaginative and weak poker and make a fortune. I would not beat a table of the top NLH online cash players (well I might but I wouldnt be confident of it!) , but I definitely would beat a table of the big stars on the tournament circuit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

What broadband do you use? I have Irish Broadband Ripwave and I might as well be betting by air mail. Help!

What is the origin of the Hectorjelly name?

Do you have a strategy for players at your table, or do you let the cards and situations decide your plays? (I like to let aggressive players trap themselves by slowplaying against them).

I get the impression you don’t play much bricks and mortar. Am I wrong? Why?

Do you ever get royally fed-up with poker? Or do you ever feel you are loving every minute?

What makes a successful poker player?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

I dont play many tournaments, I think they are kind of silly - its like poker with training wheels. They were just invented to fish could win large amountss of money then blow it to me in cash games. Most tournament players are actually quite bad poker players, they just dont realise it.

could you explain this more? i play mainly tournament poker but have an itch for cash games that i want to scratch. and surely if tournament players are bad, is that not where u want to be playing?
    Im quite good if im playing with average players. Im definitely one of the stronger players in my group, but im no where near competitive level. Im very fast and strong which are my biggest strengths.

you should join the Grosvenor Lane revolution... current boardsters include myself and The_Flyer centre back, aodea in midfield, carfax/bohsman battling for left mid spot and LuckyLloyd in goal!

ocallagh wrote:
    Do you enjoy playing poker as much as when you started, and how old were you when you started?

about 5 years ago. When I started I used to love playing and look forward to it all the time, I play every day now so its not a fair comparison. I still love the game
    ocallagh wrote:
    Did you have any ambitions prior to playing poker?

Yeah but they seem very far away now!
    ocallagh wrote:
    You have spent countless hours providing users of this site with information. Do you still learn from others here?

From time to time yeah. Its not often that someone says something I havent considered, but I get a lot from some of the tournament reports and so on. Fuzzbox is excellent and would be one of the best posters on any forum. Roundtower too is great and I fear for the day he exposes my stupidity. Its a same he seems addicted to a silly game where you get 2 cards too many though.

I think one of the reasons my game progressed was my involvement in continous debate on this board and others, so im very gratefull for the chance for me to take part in that.
    ocallagh wrote:
    Have you ever considered writing a book on poker? Or maybe a column in a magazine etc?

Yeah I have done. The market seems oversatuated with poker books now. I would love to do a regular article but I would only be interested in discussing advanced poker theory, not really what the mass market wants! Im in the middle of co-developing a play at the moment and if it goes well It will be performed next year, it has nothing to do with poker though, its a love story!
    ocallagh wrote:
    If you had to give your entire bankroll to someone on this site for 1 month to play at a game of their choice, who would it be?

One of the more cautious but good players, maybe Ste01. If it was someone elses bankroll I would give it to cardshark.

Solksjaer wrote:
    Please grade the below 1 to 5 in order of importance to the all round skill required for a poker players to be successful

Luck, People reading, agression, Maths , patience ...

Patience , Aggresion, People reading, Maths, luck.
    Solksjaer wrote:
    In your opinion what's the best way to stall an aggressive player at a table whilst still maintaining your own desired table image.

I dont ever try and create an image, I think thats a trap many players fall into. Its very unlikely you can win back the equity you lose by creating a mad image. I think you should just play every hand as best you can, and then take advantage of the image you have at that point.
    Solksjaer wrote:
    Tilting. What's the best way to get yourself back in line when you know you are tilting.

Just stop playing. Ive realised recently that if im even tilting slightly even the worst opponents probably has an edge over me.
    Solksjaer wrote:
    Was was the most expensive item you've purchased this year?

Tickets to pakistan I think, cost about 1k.
    Solksjaer wrote:
    In my opinion there will be a lot of upcoming poker talent in this country (not all young) coming through in 2007.
    Who do you reckon will break-through next year .

I dont have this impression. Rooney dives is supposed to be a great online mtt player and he open limped on the button with a shortish stack in a tournament repeatadly. Ive seen other supposedly great irish players limp utg for 1/9th of their stack with a low pocket pair. This all shows to me that these people either do not know or are ignoring the very basics of poker. I dont think they will be successfull in the long term.
    Solksjaer wrote:
    Scandanavians - Are they so sucessful because A) so many of them play that statically some have to be v good or B) They have the temprement.

I have come across a huge amount of very bad scandanavian players.
    Solksjaer wrote:
    If you get a read on someone and it is a big tell but he is no longer at your table , would you advise your buddies (still in the tourny) of it or would you keep it to yourself. (Think the answer is obvious to that one )

Id tell them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

Im in the middle of co-developing a play at the moment and if it goes well It will be performed next year, it has nothing to do with poker though, its a love story!

Maybe I should offer to script edit and you can teach me how to do all those calculation thingies you do.

I very much play from instinct and feel rather than mathematical probability. I don't ignore the math... Just I'm not very good or quick at it. But it leads me to ask... Online is it all about the Math? What is the biggest difference for you in the way you approach an online cash game and a live cash game?

Can you play creatively and still be a winner online or does it have to be mechanical ABC poker?

rb_ie wrote:
    How many times in the 5 or so years you've been playing have you went broke?

Never allthough it was close once.
    rb_ie wrote:
    Are your family supportive or against your playing poker for a living?What about your friends?

Very supportive, most of my friends play poker so it wasnt a big deal.
    rb_ie wrote:
    When you started playing online, did you make a hefty deposit or grind your way up through the levels?

When I started playing online I was a fish!
    rb_ie wrote:
    Say you've only $50 and have to build it into a bankroll, how would you go about it?

I would probably play nl$10
    rb_ie wrote:
    Has your social life changed much?

Yeah it has, but ive gotten older and wiser.
    rb_ie wrote:
    Apart from holdem, what is your strongest game?And weakest?

I dont play any other game enough to answer this
    rb_ie wrote:
    How many poker books have you read and which do you consider to be the best (if possible)? Do you consider books or forums better sources of information/strategic information?

Forums are better for in depth structured hand anaylisys. Books are better for concepts. If I had to choose one I would pick forums.

rb_ie wrote:
    If you had to sleep with one of the following, which would you pick and why? a) Captain Tom b) David Sklansky c) Amarillo Slim and d) Doyle Bruson.

Skansky
    rb_ie wrote:
    In your opinion, who is the best cash game player in Ireland?And the world?
    Also, who do you consider to be the best tournament player in Ireland and the world?

I really dont know how to answer that. I dont know what goes on in most of the big games or tournaments. Daniel N and Phil Ivey have really impressed me in tournaments ive watched.
    rb_ie wrote:
    How did you initially get into poker?

Played a tournament for charity and came third. Then won a tournament and went to the fitz. I ended up coming 2nd to Joe O'Neill in the €20 rebuy.

Do you find you play better online or in real life?Or about the same? If there is a difference in your live game and online game, what is it and why does it exist?
    [/QUOTE]

These days I only really play big tournaments live, so its very different than what I normally play.
    rb_ie wrote:
    If you were only allowed one piece of advice to pass on (poker advice), what would it be?

Play tight!

fuzzbox wrote:
    Whats the strongest part of your game?
    Whats the weakest part of your game?
    What are you doing about the weak part to try to improve it?
    Are you obsessive compulsive?
    Do you win a lot?
    Whats your favourite colour?
    Which is nicer - cheddar or blue stilton?
    Which boards poster do you play most like?
    Which boards poster do you wish you played like?
    How many bones has a body got?

Maths
    Emotions
    Meditation
    Not really
    Sometimes
    Green
    I prefer cheddar
    Im not sure!
    Fuxxbox
    about 150 I think

SumGuy wrote:
    Have you written/recorded any minimal techno?
    If so, can it be found anywhere on the interweb?

Ive just done a short album with 9 tracks all composed this year. Ill upload it later and post a link here

ianmc38 wrote:
    What are your current stats in Pokertracker for VPIP, PFR% and Total Aggression Postflop? What is the hand that has lost you the most money (on average)?

26/13/1.59
    ianmc38 wrote:
    You're the SB and the BB is an average unimaginative player. He isn't overly tight or loose preflop. What range of hands will you raise/complete/fold with assuming that you play much better postflop?

I just hit fold unless the bb is real bad or I have something decent. If the are worse players at the table Im happy to just move on to the next hand asap.

ianmc38 wrote:
    How highly do you rate suited connectors and suited one gappers?

Not very highly at all. 100bb online NL cash games are not about suited almost connectors IMO
    ianmc38 wrote:
    You recently posted about open-limping ATs from UTG in a cash game. How big a leak is open limping from any other position? What are the merits of limping UTG and what range of hands will you do it with?

I assume you mean openlimping as opposed to limping after other players. I would sometimes openlimp utg and occasionly utg+1. Never from any other spot. I very rarely do this and only in games with passive fish. Open limping in late position is real bad, but its more of a litmus test. If you do it you are a fish!
    ianmc38 wrote:
    How important is datamining? Do you replay hands you've mined to analyse the play of certain people before you add them to your buddylist? Are there players who you'll avoid at the stakes you play?

I probably should do this but dont. I just look for high VPIPs. There are no players I avoid really, allthough I obv look for tables with more fish than tight regulars
    ianmc38 wrote:
    What stats do you have pokerace configured to show on your opponents? How heavily do you rely on these stats for in-hand analysis/decisions?

I use the stats a little, but mostly to assing preflop standards. Ie a 20/11 guy limps utg, he has a decent hand. A 52/1 guy limps utg, he has j4s. I just have VPIP/PFR/TOTAL AGGRESION/TOTAL HANDS. In the more details section I have their details for continuation betting and how they react to continuation betting.
    ianmc38 wrote:
    Do you think there is other intelligent life in the universe that is living beyond the sight of modern science?

Yes
    ianmc38 wrote:
    If you had to choose between being a beggar and having both your legs amputated which would you go for?

How long did I have to be a beggar for? If for ever then I would lose my legs.

nicnicnic wrote:
    What games are you currently playing

1/2 and 2/4 nl
    nicnicnic wrote:
    Do you consider yourself a poker snob

Well i know how to play poker
    nicnicnic wrote:
    how long is it since you've seen daylight

I got out of a taxi on sunday morning
    nicnicnic wrote:
    define minimal techno

Do you know what techno is? its just very basic dance music with cool sounds and a very sparse arrangements. Recently its gotten a bit boring
    nicnicnic wrote:
    Whats your biggest downswing

In what terms? Probably around 10k
    nicnicnic wrote:
    I feel any monkey can beat ring games up to a decent level. from your stated views of tournament players we clearly differ in opinions here, I know your a good tournament player, if there that easy why not play more of them.

THey are easy to play well in, but hard to win consistantly at. There is SOO much luck in tournaments. Cash games have way more varience and the stacks are deeper. I find myself getting very bored in tournaments because the play is so boring. Optium play means playing almost no flops, and I find preflop play kind of boring. Poker to me is a game of finesse involving things like very marginal value bets on the river and detailed hand reading, not just trying to get all in preflop with AK. There are some good tournament players on VC who really are dreadfull players, its such a simple format which involved never folding strong hands.
    nicnicnic wrote:
    whose the best player you have played against live and online

peter heslin is a great cash game player, allthough he gives stupidly gives short stacks an unbelieveabe amount of action; maybe he just doesnt care though. No other players spring to mind. I played with Andy Black a few times which was great because id seen a lot of him on TV; he didnt play very well though.

nicnicnic wrote:
    whose your favorite politician and what way do you vote

I dont really pay much attention to irish news. I think tony blair is underrated and new labour has been very good for England, which is all overshadowed by the stupid war in iraq. I would normally vote labour or the green party.
    nicnicnic wrote:
    whats the best piece of advice you ever had poker related and life wise

I cant think of anything specific.

You mention about 2+2 HSNL being a heavy influence on your game. Which posters do you think offer the best advice?
    El Diablo, FSUPlayer, MDMA is fantastic, Riverboatking, limon, Jason Strasser, Foxwoods fiend, cero z, Flawless victory (allthough some of his posts have to be jokes.) The forum has severely gone down in quality this year
    Who do you post as on 2+2?

Hectorjelly, but I dont post that much.
    Do you play football on saturday afternoons? We could do with one or two other players at our satuday game which is held in my old school in booterstown.

Yeah I would love to play in that game. Pm me when its next on!
    How long do you think it will take for you to get to 50-100?

I might not make it, but if I do I would expect to make it by the end of next year. Id be very happy to be playing 10 20 by the end of next year.
    Who are the best players you've ever played against? Online and live.

This is a hard question, I havent really played that much with many good players. There are a couple of players who ive found to be good, but I havent played enough with to really tell. Also I tend to avoid the better players so its not a problem. At 36 a lot of the winning regulars are just tight really, they arent that great.

• Advertisement

Hi HJ

What’s most important to you outside poker?

Football, literature, friends and family
    Why did you only last 1 year in college?

I was more interested in partying than going to lectures
    Is maths overrated in poker? If not, explain.

I think the topic is overrated. I mean as long as you have a rough idea of the odds and are able to work out roughly odds on the fly you will be fine. The better you are at maths the faster you will be able to take on poker theory IMO. I have a friend who is very successfull and runs consisantly at around 9PTBB/100 and he is very bad at maths.
    Tell us about a recent mistake you made at a poker table.

I open pushed for about 5 hands in a row last week.
    You get AKo and raise. Two callers. 10 high rag flop. Check or bet?

Check usually, sometimes bet depending on the players and my image.
    So you bet and get one caller. Low turn card, check or bet?
    Its important to double barrel only rarely, but it is important to do occasionaly against tight players. So I would nearly always check fold here, sometimes bet.
    How many presents did you buy for others this xmas?
    None yet!

You say some good tournament players make terrible cash game players.
    Why is this? Is there one common trait that they all have? What advice would you offer these players?

One pair after the flop is not usualy a hand to go to war with. Bluff much less and play tighter after the flop. Try not to get all in preflop unless you have aces or kings.
    Lastly, which is a better starting hand AA or AK? Hmmm, maybe don’t answer that…..

AA

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

El Diablo, FSUPlayer, MDMA is fantastic, Riverboatking, limon, Jason Strasser, Foxwoods fiend, cero z, Flawless victory (allthough some of his posts have to be jokes.) The forum has severely gone down in quality this year

I agree with all those, though I also think TheWorstPlayer is a very good poster as is BLD. Pete fabrizio is a very good poster too, though he mainly posts in the PLO forums. I think there are a lot of noob posters who act like idiots on there now and dumb down the content level.

Also we usually play every saturday but lately we havent been getting very many numbers. If we can get a decent number this saturday, I'll let you know.

Thanks for the answers!

Ste05 wrote:
    Have you read anything by Richard Dawkins, if so, what did you think and what book is his best IYO?

I havent read anything by him, but ive seen some of his documentaries. They were good but a little boring, I kind of felt he was preaching to the choir as I agreed with everything he was saying
    Ste05 wrote:
    Do you play much chess, what is your curent rating?

i got to 1100 on the FICS blitz rating (allthough im well below that now). I dont know if this is a standard thing. Im not very good!
    Ste05 wrote:
    Which 2+2 Posters do you rate highest?

already answered
    Ste05 wrote:

Who do you think are the 5 best Poker players in the world, online or Live.

I like Bldstwrs, Phil Ivey, Empiremaker 2. No idea if they are the best in the world though

Whats you're highest break in Snooker? I suspect its quite high if you play.(I've long had a theory that the logical thinking / trap-playing etc needed in snooker / pool means that good poker players will also be good snooker players).

In an online tourney head to head, your opponent is disconnected - whats your attitude.

Do you smoke?. If Yes, can you answer the question in my signature.

I dont play much pool or snooker, and im bad at both. In the past ive waited for players to come back at the end of mtts, in stts ive just stolen their blinds. Make of this what you will!

I dont smoke

are u going to start playing any satellites at any point?

do you think that you will always be a winning player, or could circumstances (tilt, losing interest, retiring etc) cause you to become a losing player?

do you think you're a better online or live player?

am i better than my brother at poker?? (mainly so i can forward response to alex...)

No

Sometimes I am a losing player, when im on tilt or playing a game Im not good at. I doubt ill ever be able to play long term losing poker though

I can play both.

You are much better than your brother lol

Would you often (say 1ce/session/table) overbet a raised pot online?

Is there any chance you would share some of your multitable HHs so I and others can see how you play and learn from you. (I can instruct you how to replace your nick with something else for all your HHs en mass).

Right now, if somebody staked you for 75% would you take the offer and play at higher levels? What level would you choose?

Yeah, i often overbet when the stacks are quite shallow and any bet will commit me to the pot anyway. Like on the turn pot is 60 we both have 100 left and there are multiple draws. Im going to push here.

MTT hh? Sure,remind me the next time I play one and Ill keep the hh.

Id think about it depending on the staking deal. Id probably play 5 10. I dont really see this as happening, I like to play with my own money.

kincsem wrote:
    What broadband do you use? I have Irish Broadband Ripwave and I might as well be betting by air mail. Help!

I use eircom. In my experience (5 differnt places I think) their broadband service is excellent.

kincsem wrote:
    Do you have a strategy for players at your table, or do you let the cards and situations decide your plays? (I like to let aggressive players trap themselves by slowplaying against them).

Yeah i would often have a strategy based on what a players weaknesses are. I basically like to prey on whatever is the players biggest leak is. I dont really ever slowplay though except against really really aggro players, and even then not much. Slowplaying is probably the second biggest mistake that most players make in cash games.
    kincsem wrote:
    I get the impression you don’t play much bricks and mortar. Am I wrong? Why?

Because I can multitable in comfort, listen to relaxing music and enjoy life online. Offline I have to play 1 table at a really slow pace and not read or browse the internet. Game selecion alone would be reason to play online
    kincsem wrote:
    Do you ever get royally fed-up with poker? Or do you ever feel you are loving every minute?

No I get annoyed sometimes. I think idealy id play for 1 hour a day.
    kincsem wrote:
    What makes a successful poker player?

Intelligence and game playing ability (theres probably a better term for it). You need to be competitive

ditpoker wrote:
    could you explain this more? i play mainly tournament poker but have an itch for cash games that i want to scratch. and surely if tournament players are bad, is that not where u want to be playing?

The edge I enjoy when I play a player in a game with 100 blinds is far greater than the edge I have when we both have 10 blinds. Most of the players I play against in cash games are awful as well!

ditpoker wrote:
    you should join the Grosvenor Lane revolution... current boardsters include myself and The_Flyer centre back, aodea in midfield, carfax/bohsman battling for left mid spot and LuckyLloyd in goal!

When do you play?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭Mr. Flibble

Yeah, i often overbet when the stacks are quite shallow and any bet will commit me to the pot anyway. Like on the turn pot is 60 we both have 100 left and there are multiple draws. Im going to push here.

MTT hh? Sure,remind me the next time I play one and Ill keep the hh.
    Would you rarely overbet when being pot commited is not an issue?

I mean when you multitable cash games. I think studying this would be more simple than if you were playing at 1 table where you would be paying more attention to the players and make more complex moves.

• Advertisement

Fatboydim wrote:
    Maybe I should offer to script edit and you can teach me how to do all those calculation thingies you do.

Yeah that might be a good idea. Its really hard writing dialogue!
    Fatboydim wrote:
    I very much play from instinct and feel rather than mathematical probability. I don't ignore the math... Just I'm not very good or quick at it. But it leads me to ask... Online is it all about the Math? What is the biggest difference for you in the way you approach an online cash game and a live cash game?

Its the same game, I dont think there is much difference. Live cash game players in the fitz 12 game tend to be much worse than any online players, so its just a case of waiting for a big hand. WHat online poker does is expose players weakness much much quicker because of the greater amount of hands you play.

Fatboydim wrote:
    Can you play creatively and still be a winner online or does it have to be mechanical ABC poker?

Creative usualy means bad in my experience, both live and online.

Advertisement