Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C4 now 142 on SKY ROI subscription

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

There was never any major issue other than C4 & Sky willingness. And deciding who paid who for what. The copyright/Rights issues are negligable for C4 in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭standbyme

What I would like to find out.... is Channel 4 available on an expired Irish sky sub card?

Nah-not yet, as im not subscribed to them since last Nov 05-too many feckin movie repeats!

But thanks for the info on the 'other channels' as im only new to this & forgot to click on ' instant email notification' below in Additional Options.
    D'oh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

What's the latest on this now? Are imports still being blocked out on C4 at 142?

Also just wondering what this will do to the UHF deflector systems that carry C4? Many people said the only reason they paid for this system was to get UTV and C4. With UTV now FTA and C4 probably FTA in 2008 (and maybe Five too), is this the end for them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭mrdtv

Beginning of the end for the deflectors, Chorus and NTL? Richly deserved in my book. Also it explains why that dear Minister of yours is rushing out a DTT bill: the commercial window of opportunity is closing ever so fast.

Merry Xmas and more TV next year to one and all!!

mrdtv

Rushing out the bill? It's 6 years overdue :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Hmm... mother has been persuaded to drop the cable, but its a bit puzzling that after YEARS of complaining and moaning about how we dont have access to it just pops on to the EPG on 142 without any major press release either on sky.com or in the newspapers (and on the sky ireland website its not even mentioned!) why now? what happend to all that copyright/legal blah/blah,,,, has it just gone out the window??:confused:

They are blocking some stuff...eg Absolute Power is blocked at the moments... the epg text says not available in roi...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Chillwithcian

jhegarty wrote:
    They are blocking some stuff...eg Absolute Power is blocked at the moments... the epg text says not available in roi...

Typical :rolleyes: Its not 100% channel 4 TBH!

I'd expect the blocking to stop next year...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Its abit like the old RTL 4 we used to have years ago on satellite... home produced programmes clear and american programmes blocked:)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 vanman

yes ch4 now on ch.142 on sky epg.its true,wonder how long it lasts on sky 142 before it goes free to air?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Heard an ad on the radio for the first time today specifically regarding the availability of C4 on Sky. On Newstalk just before The Right Hook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

I'd expect the blocking to stop next year...

Already done? "Desperate Housewives" didn't seem to be blocked last night after 11.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Kahless wrote:
    Heard an ad on the radio for the first time today specifically regarding the availability of C4 on Sky. On Newstalk just before The Right Hook.
    Heard it too, can't remember which channel, though I think it was Today FM.

byte

Mayo Exile wrote:
    Already done? "Desperate Housewives" didn't seem to be blocked last night after 11.
    Oh yeah! I notice ER, Ugly Betty and a few others doesn't have the "Not available in ROI" message either. Hard to know what else, as Celeb BB is taking over the schedule in the evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Rizzo the Rat

Sky Ireland are really going all out on the back of Ch 4. As well as the radio campaign i saw large billboards in Dublin today saying Ch 4 now on Sky.
    It is working too as i personally know 2 or 3 people who are switching from Chorus to Sky now after Ch 4 appeared. Big Paddy and Co will be busy (busier) in the coming weeks and months!!
    I think they have stopped blocking programmes here now also.

byte

Just for information, Channel 4 is available with ANY mix package. You don't neccessarily have to subscibe to Variety Mix to avail.

Though I think 99% of subscribers have VarietyMix anyway, as it carries RTE, TV3, TG4, SKy1 etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Whats the frequency etc of channel 142 ?
    I can't find it on my Dreambox using my ROI card, using the UK FTS card it works fine.
    I see Channel 4 listed six times but none of them work, am wondering if i need to load a new transponder to my scan list for the Irish one?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Hmm just tried putting both cards in and it works!!
    Can get channel 5 and 4 fine.

Hmm, I wonder if its OK to use two Sky cards at once.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement