Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C4 now 142 on SKY ROI subscription

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭tippguy2

still here on a dreambox

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭dubmick

thats alright, from beezneez's post above I thought it was gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

beezneez wrote:
    was there and now its gone, thought there was some block from another company preventing sky from putting it FTA in ireland?

It isn't / won't be FTA in Ireland till at least 2008. You need ANY UK card or irish card with variety mix pack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Huggy Bear

looks like it's finally happened :D
    ROI Sky 142 just before the beeb ...
    Will UTV now want a piece of the action and get themselves on the ROI EPG?:cool: hope so

apologise, Went straight to the compose thread!:)
    sure no harm done ...

Q: Will UTV follow ? What's stopping them ...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Where have you been for the past 48 hours?

Have a look at the sticky at the top of the forum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭WhatsGoingOn

Huggy Bear wrote:
    looks like it's finally happened :D
    ROI Sky 142 just before the beeb ...
    Will UTV now want a piece of the action and get themselves on the ROI EPG?:cool: hopw so

(psst...look up at the stickies)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

Huggy Bear wrote:
    Q: Will UTV follow ? What's stopping them ...
    here we go again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

beezneez wrote:
    was there and now its gone, thought there was some block from another company preventing sky from putting it FTA in ireland?

The 08 screen was there for a time this morning.... during Frasier.

Congrats on the scoop, btw. I saw it in the News of the Screws, so it had to be true :D

Its got the 08 screen up for me at the moment anyhow with a now and next banner?
    Whats the story?
    This is with sky's entertainment and movie mix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

Tristrame wrote:
    Its got the 08 screen up for me at the moment anyhow with a now and next banner?
    Whats the story?
    This is with sky's entertainment and movie mix
    It must be imported programmes that RTE have rights to. Like the way RTE can't broadcast some programmes in NI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Me happy to see C4 on TV... good stuff! If anythings blocked I'll just use UK box :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

Yep, Channel 4 on channel 142....:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Skyuser wrote:
    It must be imported programmes that RTE have rights to. Like the way RTE can't broadcast some programmes in NI.
    ER is on at the moment and isn't blocked. Should it be?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Mac128

Yep, C4 is in my EPG and I can pause it and record it. Which is more than I can do with ITV 1, 2, 3 or 4 as they have not made it in to the ROI EPG yet.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

actually ITV3 and ITV4 were on the Irish EPG for some time but ITV requested they be taken off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Chillwithcian

Im thrilled that C4 is now on channel 142, but is there an offical press relaese from either C4 or sky to prove that its there (before i try and beg my mother to scrap the NTL)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

to prove it?

its on the EPG. go to a shop or something and show her there

There is a Sky / C4 press release in the TV forum, but no link to source.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055023348

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

Great news about C4 being made available on the ROI EPG. Anyone mthink that Setanta is going to be made available soon(without ahving to pay the addition subsription charge!)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

CoolCiaran wrote:
    Great news about C4 being made available on the ROI EPG. Anyone mthink that Setanta is going to be made available soon(without ahving to pay the addition subsription charge!)?

Yeah that would be nice!

Anyone have a list of the programs unavailable to us on CH4?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

CoolCiaran wrote:

I think the main worry some of us have with Setanta at the moment is how much MORE we will have to pay when they start Premiership live games from August 2007!

I think there are a lot of punters out there holding their breath till Saturday morning waiting to see if Channel 4 Racing is blocked or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

OMFG! I've no Sky just yet at my new home, and C4's on it! Woop dee do. Can't wait for the weekend til we get Sky back!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭mike2084

I think the main worry some of us have with Setanta at the moment is how much MORE we will have to pay when they start Premiership live games from August 2007!

I think there are a lot of punters out there holding their breath till Saturday morning waiting to see if Channel 4 Racing is blocked or not.

Actually there is Racing tomorrow on 4 between 1 and 3:30 from Cheltenham. I'd really like it because their cameras are and coverage are excellent but knowing my luck it'll be blocked. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭standbyme

Hi all,

Great news about C4, as i saw the same quote in the Sunday People occupying Ch142, but im not subscribed yet waiting on a good deal on the sky+.:)

But can you only get/see Ch4 on 142 if you have a sub?, as i put the code into 'Other Channels' & saw the other 6 regional variations.
    Later today strangely enough i went into Other Channels & they were wiped out!
    as that hasnt happened in a year?:eek:

Ps. Im watchin the UK stations with the 'interactive sky news-card trick '
    Pss. are you supposed to see Ch4 in the 104 slot

Cheers.

standbyme wrote:
    Ps. Im watchin the UK stations with the 'interactive sky news-card trick '
    Pss. are you supposed to see Ch4 in the 104 slot

No, not in that case, as what in effect you are seeing with the 'interactive sky news-card trick ' is an FTA EPG. Channel 4 is not FTA, so hence you will not see it there.

standbyme wrote:
    But can you only get/see Ch4 on 142 if you have a sub?, as i put the code into 'Other Channels' & saw the other 6 regional variations.
    Later today strangely enough i went into Other Channels & they were wiped out!
    as that hasnt happened in a year?:eek:

Just trying to make a little sense of what happened here.... you could always add in Channel 4 via other channels, add all the LEMNUS regions, but were unable to see it on an Irish sub card (get the 08 screen)

What I would like to find out.... is Channel 4 available on an expired Irish sky sub card?

Your other channels list just possibly blanked out there, which can happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

Actually there is Racing tomorrow on 4 between 1 and 3:30 from Cheltenham. I'd really like it because their cameras are and coverage are excellent but knowing my luck it'll be blocked. :rolleyes:
    It's not blocked. Anything that's blocked will say 'Not available in ROI' in the information.

DMC wrote:
    Just trying to make a little sense of what happened here.... you could always add in Channel 4 via other channels, add all the LEMNUS regions, but were unable to see it on an Irish sub card (get the 08 screen)

What I would like to find out.... is Channel 4 available on an expired Irish sky sub card?

Your other channels list just possibly blanked out there, which can happen.

IF you can get C4, any C4 region works.

If it is blocked, no region works, at the moment, occasional imports.

Add extra channels in "other channels" it is likely to lose all of them. Esp. if there is a SW update, EPG change, Personal planner item change.

It is mostly likely that C4 is only on active Variety Pack.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭mike2084

Skyuser wrote:
    It's not blocked. Anything that's blocked will say 'Not available in ROI' in the information.

Yeah, it wasn't blocked thankfully :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Chillwithcian

Hmm... mother has been persuaded to drop the cable, but its a bit puzzling that after YEARS of complaining and moaning about how we dont have access to it just pops on to the EPG on 142 without any major press release either on sky.com or in the newspapers (and on the sky ireland website its not even mentioned!) why now? what happend to all that copyright/legal blah/blah,,,, has it just gone out the window??:confused:

Advertisement