Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C4 now 142 on SKY ROI subscription

Options
  • 01-12-2006 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭

Anyone else heard of this new announcement? An associate of mine confirmed with me today he has recieved a memo from Sky that channel 4 will be on the EPG from Monday in slot 142. Can anyone confirm this aswell?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

Hi,
    A friend of mine in the sat business in Co. Laois sent me a text saying it would be free to air on Monday.That's all I heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭channelsurfer

is this just another rumor. any sources or official press release. or what about the mods they know anything about this before this thread gets wayyyyy too long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

if true then Chorus will need to change their radio advert again lol

i'd imagine the mods know as much as anyone else

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

12168 v 27500 2/3 Six channels with C4 and one with C4L Test1. At present all asking to insert viewing card. The test one may be the one that applies to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

Heard nothing over here but then it is Free to view in the UK.

Aquos! 12168 V 27500 2/3 are Six C4 regional variations (only difference is adverts)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭nicelives

Seems to be athread here about it including a press release
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055023348

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Aquos76 wrote:
    12168 v 27500 2/3 Six channels with C4 and one with C4L Test1. At present all asking to insert viewing card. The test one may be the one that applies to us.

They have had six channels for years and frequently have a mysterious test channel.

It isn't terribly hard to get a FTV card and dedicated 2nd box, also 2008 c4 will work without a Digibox. Or maybe monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Great news if it turns out to be the case. Being able to Sky+ Channel 4 will be a nice early Christmas present!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Wasn't ITV FTA a surprise to all at the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

watty wrote:
    Your search - "Sky Ireland" - did not match any documents.
    No pages were found containing ""Sky Ireland"".

Oh we of little faith! I've just done a few searches myself and came up with zilch. It'd be nice to know where the poster in Television got those quotes from.

Wedding TV to launch on Sky in December
    The world’s first wedding TV channel - to be called Wedding TV - is set to launch on Sky Digital in December. Launching on Monday 4th December, Wedding TV will consist of shows dedicated to the emotion and drama of relationships and weddings. It will be aimed mainly at women aged 18-34, but will also appeal to anyone interested in the real-life drama surrounding relationships.

British Forces Broadcasting Service will be launching one of their radio stations on Sky next month.There are three stations from British Forces Broadcasting Service with all three broadcasting to British Armed Forces around the world.It is unclear at this stage which of the three stations; BFBS Radio 1, BFBS Radio 2 and BFBS Gurkha Radio, will broadcast on Sky.However, one of the stations is to begin broadcasting on Monday 4th December via WRN's 0184 'Radio' channel for a temporary period until a permanent EPG number is confirmed by Sky.WRN provide transmission and broadcasting help for stations looking to launch on Sky.

From
    http://www.satworld.gr/sky_news1.htm

France 24 on Sky from 8th of Decembre
    In the meantime tests of France 24 can be viewed in the following way:

-> Using your Sky Digi remote, go to Services Menu
    -> System Setup (4)
    -> Add Channels (4)
    -> Enter the frequency: 12.560 (H), FEC 2/3, Symbol Rate 27500
    -> Find Channels and Press SELECT
    -> Highlight "53281" service and press Yellow button.
    -> Return to Services Menu
    -> Other Channels (6) on STB / (8) on Sky+
    -> "53281" should be listed and available

Other recent channel is the 24x7 English news on "Russia Today"

Lots of thinks on Monday. But no C4 / Sky Ireland press release.

News is out that BT Vision is officially due to launch on Monday 4th December 2006.

BT Vision is a combined Freeview, digital hard-disk recorder, and on-demand TV service from BT. It will use a BT Broadband connection to download TV programmes and movies, and provide access to extra services via a set-top box and BT Home Hub. More details at radioandtelly.co.uk/btvision. You can also join our special BT Vision mailing list by clicking here

Dr. Nick wrote:
    Wasn't ITV FTA a surprise to all at the time?

Er... No.
    Nor BBC FTA.

But this is NOT about C4 FTA, but on the variety pack of Sky Ireland, I suspect, if it is real at all.

C4 won't go FTA before 2008, unless they have done some very wierd deal with Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭markyboy

Although it has got you interested Watty with six posts in a row :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

markyboy wrote:
    Although it has got you interested Watty with six posts in a row :)
    If Watty's excited, there might be a chance :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭TVDX

I would love it to be true but I am always amazed how a little bit of hearsay and a press release with no apparent source can get us all excited.
    Don't get me wrong, I include myself in this.
    I'm surprised this thread hasn't been closed immediately but I suppose it has been a while since there has been a proper C4 is coming thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rlogue

All 08 - This channel is not available.

I suspect this one is yet another "I heard from a Sky Rep that..." stories.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

rlogue wrote:
    All 08 - This channel is not available.

I suspect this one is yet another "I heard from a Sky Rep that..." stories.

:rolleyes:
    I have recieved my info about channel 4 from the same man who was able to tell me exactly when utv was coming free to air before anybody else knew on boards. So I have faith in him anyway :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭clarkbelt

New I got says 142 in EPG and is NOT FTA but part of Sky platform .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭bishop brennan

I have recieved my info about channel 4 from the same man who was able to tell me exactly when utv was coming free to air before anybody else knew on boards. So I have faith in him anyway :D

Well i remember the abuse you got when you said ITV would be FTA and you were right then so everyone should just wait and see.

Well the "press release" over in TV forum does have the right names/titles of C4 & Sky Ireland Execs. So it sounds authentic.

But if it is a Press Release and happening Monday why can't the OP on TV give source of Press Release?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭channelsurfer

just going on from where I work they often have internal press releases not for publication until the day of the event but then you only get it officially released when it is actually happens so maybe this press release is for issue on monday when it happens?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

I've heard that "heads of agreement" were signed between ch4 and sky following on from the info given by sky at the HD launch so i would be fairly optimistic that this is going to happen although i cant confirm the launch date. Press release has all the right signatories and there would be pressure to boost sales for christmas so it makes sense for this to happen now.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

just going on from where I work they often have internal press releases not for publication until the day of the event but then you only get it officially released when it is actually happens so maybe this press release is for issue on monday when it happens?

Thats a very reasonable assesment.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,429 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Wedding TV has already started on FTA though I'd put it there with baby channel for ones that I will never watch!
    Don't forget Five US still on the go also with Mission Impossible series one starting today at 4pm!
    I know, I'm sad!
    C4 sounds good, have it on terrestrai rebeamer jobby and its a good show for the weird and wonderful stuff

Advertisement