Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C4 now 142 on SKY ROI subscription

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

The only thing we have heard about Channel 4 here in the UK is that they will keep 'Big Brother' for another few years.
    Isn't that really exciting news :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Marty_

The 4oD services start wed's the 6th and allows both UK and Ireland to download there favourite Movies or programs from Channel4 http://uk.news.yahoo.com/17112006/95/channel-4-launch-video-demand-service.html
    http://www.channel4.com/4od/tvvod/index.html?hpos=4oD

Marty,
    Channel 4 are also soon making some of their programmes available online at a charge of 99p per episode and the episode can be watched as many times as you like for 48 hours, as well as the Programmes on Demand deal 4 have done with NTL Telewest you mentioned.

4 has also struck a deal with BT Vision, a restricted version of the Online deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

Remember When "FilmFour" went FTA?? not saying that Ch4 will be but maybe as part of the Viewers pack for ROI,Come monday with baited breath:p Cheers to bigpaddy:) Fingers crossed!

channel 4 will be on the EPG from Monday in slot 142. Can anyone confirm this aswell?

Isn't More 4 on that number??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭stanley1

Nothing on Digital Spy.

Marty,
    Channel 4 are also soon making some of their programmes available online at a charge of 99p per episode and the episode can be watched as many times as you like for 48 hours, as well as the Programmes on Demand deal 4 have done with NTL Telewest you mentioned.

4 has also struck a deal with BT Vision, a restricted version of the Online deal.

..and your point been ? is that not what I just said ?

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭PacMan

I really hope that the news about Ch4 is correct. However we all have seen stories like this before. And before that too !!!!!

PacMan wrote:
    I really hope that the news about Ch4 is correct. However we all have seen stories like this before. And before that too !!!!!

exactly, every year (keith(the current) and or others like Mr Prat sawbastered) flood the market with roumors about CH4 and the rest, who cares I ask you, its usually bull.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Its true.In the newspaper it says it is goin on 142 which is currently More4 but thats moving beside More4+1.A spokesperson(I think) for sky said it.Now just to get channel 6 and Five

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

In what paper is it in?

News of the world

• Registered Users Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Dman001 wrote:
    News of the world

Oh, well then it must be true! :)

Here's hoping anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭channelsurfer

yep its on page 17 of todays news of the world. and confirmation as they wouldnt print it without knowledge as sky is part of the murdock empire along with the NOTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Just hope its FTA and not part of Sky package.

No its part of the sky package because it said it is taking more4's place but it may be on FTA aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

I doubt very much if it will be FTA because this is a big big spin off for Sky's sales coming up to Christmas. Where does this leave Chorus now? The only thing they can offer now is cheap multiroom.

Marty_ wrote:
    ..and your point been ? is that not what I just said ?

I did say you mentioned 'CH4 programmes on demand, NTL / Telewest'. I just added another 2 services becoming available frm CH4 soon in case anyone was interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I doubt very much if it will be FTA because this is a big big spin off for Sky's sales coming up to Christmas. Where does this leave Chorus now? The only thing they can offer now is cheap multiroom.

No FTA C4 till 2008, I'd bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

watty wrote:
    No FTA C4 till 2008, I'd bet.

I agree, its staying as part of sky's offering for now

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭TVDX

So, I know we don't know for sure that this will happen but in any case I have enjoyed this classic "C4 is coming thread".

In the last hours of this thread before it becomes Monday, I think everyone should cast their votes on the issue.

Will C4 be on the Irish EPG tomorrow?.
    Thumbs up or thumbs down in the post title!.
    I vote yes. I'm optimistic.

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

Negatory, but am willing to eat my hat

parasite wrote:
    Negatory, but am willing to eat my hat

Would you like Ketchup with that sir?? :p

Yep!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

I say Yes it will be on the EPG tomorrow however probably encrypted until 2008 as Tony and Watty said. It would be great if it was FTA too but hopefully that will come too. I myself am delighted with this decision by Channel 4 and it really makes great business sense, firstly I as a TV consumer will now have the choice of C4, and C4 may even go ala carte and offer C4 Ireland as they do with E4 with Irish advertising.

There really is no logic that says we cannot offer our channel to the Irish market as it would not make business sense. I now spend a good share of my tv time watching the additional ITV channels and the BBC's since they all went FTA. It is good and will offer more choice to us consumers, as we really only have RTE, TV3 being such tripe that whoever watches it should get a CAT scan. Well done to Channel 4's executives and decision makers as Tomorrow the right decision for both your company and Irish tv viewers will have been made. Please go FTA too.

I would hope Channel 5 would now follow suit as I said earlier it makes perfect sense as demonstrated by ITV and C4. As a kid growing up I would glance through the RTE GUIDE and wince with jealousy of the good films and shows been shown on the English TV channels and really lap them up when visiting Relatives in the East Coast and near the North where such channels could be got terrestrially.

I was here since the days of people complaining about "why doesn't RTE broadcast VIA satellite" and suffered the dreadful "08 Message" when TARA TV was cut which started people complaining and similarly when UTV was lost to the "08 Message".

Tomorrow we will have our 4 Irish terrestrial satellite channels and four of the five British Channels too. Not bad going considering no official campaign was ever started only numerous people lobbying Sky and the Channels themselves. I say lets lobby FIVE now for FTA satellite access for the ROI also. One thing I must ask is what went right here that seems to be going wrong on the Ireland offline broadband lobby forum??

Happy days fellas

News of the World Scan attached

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭John mac

hope it's true

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

netwhizkid wrote:
    One thing I must ask is what went right here that seems to be going wrong on the Ireland offline broadband lobby forum??

????
    No Irish Digital TV SERVICE AT ALL!!!!!!!! At least 45% of people can get DSL and including Wireless also maybe 70%+ can get broadband.

Digital Terrestrial still has no start date. There is no FTA or FTV Irish TV or even ANY Irish Pay TV Satellite platform (The 4 Irish channels at Sky's pricing and package on basically a UK platform not regulated here, with Install VAT Irish and Subscription VAT = UK).

Excuse me but Ireland Offline has raised profile of issues of Broadband. There seems to be zero political will and zero political & media understanding of the Satellite & Terrestrial Digital TV issues. RTE still regards Satellite as merely a Cable Service by Wireless like MMDS.

I don't think ICDG has achieved anything beyond helping the people that come here (which is a major achievement). The Ireland Off Line has really raised media awareness to the issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,594 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

We can but hope... I've never had the station so i quite look forward to it (except for the summer when a certain reality program will take over our live once again(now my brother will have to watch the live shows as well as E4's coverage..)

Hmmm.......'News of the Screws'.....

Reading the report has made up my mind! I'll go for a 'No'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭mike2084

No for me put hoping for a yes ;-)

Advertisement