Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos: Hardware

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

zlezlius, really nice gun there, best of luck with it...... have to ask where did you get the Blackhawk cheek pad and how do you find it shooting?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭patsat

Looking well zlezlius! :cool:

How do ya find the maxim? And where did ya get the HSS shroud?

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭zlezlius

zlezlius, really nice gun there, best of luck with it...... have to ask where did you get the Blackhawk cheek pad and how do you find it shooting?
    Thanks. Got Blackhawk on Ebay from states. Had a Tikka supervarmint before with adjustable cheek piece and got used to it, so I new that will need cheek pad for Tikka Lite with 56 mm objective scope. This is realy good quality one imo, and fits me perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭zlezlius

patsat wrote: »
    Looking well zlezlius! :cool:

How do ya find the maxim? And where did ya get the HSS shroud?
    Cheers mate. Well we did a test with my local rfd and couple lads firing the 243 with T8 and than Maxim. T8 was small bit quieter, but the difference in size, material and weight in between them two made my decision easy. Maxim all the way.

Got the shroud and bolt handle here:
    http://www.hss.net.au/index.php?cPath=118&osCsid=4ce4a543ff61c9560692aa01ff8b91aa

But you can by them on Ebay as well. Same great quality from HSS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭4200fps

zlezlius, thats a lovely Tikka and its kitted out neatly. The bolt handle is sweet too. 20inch barrel is hard bet including the factory thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Gave a respray to my mossberg since it had seen much better days.

DSC02187.jpg

DSC02189.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭EWQuinn

A fine 1911, excellent out of the box trigger, adjustable rear and TruGlow front sights, nice beaver tail, good grip, feels like a 1911 should, a very fine shooter. Shot a magazine of my .45 ACP 230 gr hardball factory duplication loads going about 850 fps w/ hands on the bench w/o pistol rest or sandbag at 25 yd, typical of what it is capable of. The flyer is my flinch. Nice tight fit of barrel & bushing makes for consistent groups.

2w6yy6c.jpg

2e0mdmq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Lovely looking pistol. what calibre is it?

.45 ACP, sorry I did an edit and added that.

Yes I think Remington has a real hit from the buzz around the gun shops. Everybody I know who has one likes it. I have this and a Kimber Target and this is just as good or better. You can pay a LOT more for similar looks and performance. There was some discussion I saw on internet about loose fitting, but this one is tight and all of them I have held have been tight. I guess if I found one with a loose slide I would not nec be concerned.

The 1911's we had in the Army were rattle traps, but as long as they were consistent in barrel bushing lock up and the barrel & link were good, they shot well. I took second in 2matches with my ancient Remington-Rand WWII era beater right out of the arms room and you could keep time to a Mariachi band with that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

Picked up my new to me winchester 94 chambered in 3030win:)
    I've tried uploading the first pic a few times and tried to edit it but keeps coming out upside down.
    [IMG][/img]newboomstick001.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    newboomstick007.jpg
    [IMG][/img]newboomstick006.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    [IMG][/img]newboomstick002.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭lee70

Have you tried dangling upside down from a light fitting and then taking the pic?:pac::pac::pac:

lol no not yet i might try that next time, i thought standing on a step ladder infront of the window sill worked quite well.:p:p:D

Here it is beside my 452 lux for comparison i thought i put it in with the other pics. As you can see she is a nice and handy size.:):cool:
    [IMG][/img]newboomstick007.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Registered Users Posts: 46 hunter91

juice,

That thing is sweet, wouldn't mind one meself. Cant be many of them in the country..
    All you need now is a horse and a cowboy hat and your sorted..

Fixed it. What can I say, its a Winchester.

fodifa.jpg

Nicee.. Never seen them all black before. looks great.
    Would love to get one sometime. Are you keeping the iron sights on it?

By the way when it comes out upside down on image shack and you rotate it you must click on replace original to save it.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭cushcam

i thought it was time i got rid of the synthetic stock and replaced it with a thumbhole laminate one from boyds. it's the lightweight model so it weighs the same as the synthetic but has a much nicer feel. being the first stock i've purchased from boyds i was really impressed with the quality of the item, value for money and having bought it on a sunday evening i was astonished to have it arrive friday morning. all that had to be done was a small amount of sanding to open up the barrel channel for the varmint barrel. delighted with the end result :)

39285139312942408452644.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That looks sweet.
    What rifle is it?

Always wanted that kind of stock in left hand with right action but boyds dont do it for marlins

Silver scope and it would be the dogs boll0x

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭cushcam

garv123 wrote: »
    That looks sweet.
    What rifle is it?

Always wanted that kind of stock in left hand with right action but boyds dont do it for marlins

Silver scope and it would be the dogs boll0x

cheers lad, yeah i may have to invest in a leupold. the gun is aremington 700 vsf in 223

By the way when it comes out upside down on image shack and you rotate it you must click on replace original to save it.

Garv, just in case, the rifle belongs to juice1304, I just righted the photo. Yep now the traditional lever actions are offered with the "tactical" look. I think its kind of cool. Looks like it'll get a scope. Assume with the right mounts one might be able to use iron to stop a charging deer :)

• Advertisement

Ty, yes i'm going to leave the iron sights on it and i am also going to get a scout scope with quick release mounts that way i have the best of both worlds i can use the scope on the hills and the iron sights in the woods. Obviously no long shots either way, that is what i was looking for though hopefully it'll make me better at stalking if not i'll be going hungry.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

photo1.jpg

Just waiting on scope to arrive and should be good to go.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Sandy22

EWQuinn wrote: »
    , I just righted the photo.

You've actually made it left-handed in the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

keano25 wrote: »
    photo1.jpg

Where did you get the cheek riser and how much did it cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

keano25 wrote: »
    photo1.jpg

Where did you get the cheek riser and how much did it cost?

It's a blackhawk cheek pad, got it off a friend of mine who actually sells them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

License for my cz .204 arrived today so collected it and mounted my scope, hopefully the weather will clear up and i'll get it zeroed over the weekend,

Happy with the setup but would love to change the t4 for something lighter and smaller

73f9ea27.jpg
    4f6e0c03.jpg
    0d50913b.jpg
    fb4b56b3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭declan1980

That's a sweet rig there lad. You'll do some damage with that

ormondprop wrote: »
    License for my cz .204 arrived today so collected it and mounted my scope, hopefully the weather will clear up and i'll get it zeroed over the weekend,

Happy with the setup but would love to change the t4 for something lighter and smaller

73f9ea27.jpg
    4f6e0c03.jpg
    0d50913b.jpg
    fb4b56b3.jpg

I recognise that rig, in fact that used to be my bolt handle, how do you find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

Haven't got to shoot it yet but just playing around with it i like it, lovely trigger on it, bolt is a bit sticky though if you dont open or close it exactly straight, i just hope it shoots good

• Advertisement

ormondprop wrote: »
    Haven't got to shoot it yet but just playing around with it i like it, lovely trigger on it, bolt is a bit sticky though if you dont open or close it exactly straight, i just hope it shoots good

Yes the bolt can be a bit fiddly on the CZ527s, you have to push it with your thumb on the bolt rather than the bolt handle. I personnally found the standard bolt to be better than the tactical, but that was just my preference coz I was using my rifle for hunting the whole time. Had that particular handle made by Roedale precision he was a nightmare to deal with, its a nice set up good luck with it.

Advertisement