Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos: Hardware

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 .220 swift

Nice combination swarovski and the swift the same as myself,how do you find the weight when you're out foxing,have you had her long?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭4200fps

.220 swift wrote: »
    Nice combination swarovski and the swift the same as myself,how do you find the weight when you're out foxing,have you had her long?

thanks..i only have it 2 months and i only shot 1 fox as i was driving a dam petrol aventis...im doing alot of taget shooting with it...weight not too bad,u be resting it on something solid before firing.they do let a fair bang lol..my bro has a new 223 limited edition 700 with a T8 silencer.same weight as mine. im doing 400 yrd shots at 2ltr milk cartons of water..took a few rounds to hit it at start but i know the drop now and its a hit every time...their an amazing caliber for accuracy so what kind of scope did u put on ur baby?

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭dax121

some of this kit has changed just a old pic i found.
    must update it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

dax121 wrote: »
    some of this kiJaysus, that wast has changed just a old pic i found.
    must update it :D

jaysus that was a fine collection, I was wondering how U were selling off so much recently. You were only tidying it up ;) .

ha ha just up gradeing :D
    every now and then i like to do it or just really when i see something i like lol.
    and thats every time i go to my local gun shop lol.
    good job ive a understanding girlfriend and credit union staff :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

whats the most the credit union will give you cos that first pic would look better if the bed was covered in 50's:D:D:rolleyes:

nice collection..ur gaf is an army bunker lol..lucky bast**d

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

Nice collection dax. I'm liking the sound of your girlfriend, any chance we could swap:D

• Registered Users Posts: 35 .220 swift

4200fps wrote: »
    thanks..i only have it 2 months and i only shot 1 fox as i was driving a dam petrol aventis...im doing alot of taget shooting with it...weight not too bad,u be resting it on something solid before firing.they do let a fair bang lol..my bro has a new 223 limited edition 700 with a T8 silencer.same weight as mine. im doing 400 yrd shots at 2ltr milk cartons of water..took a few rounds to hit it at start but i know the drop now and its a hit every time...their an amazing caliber for accuracy so what kind of scope did u put on ur baby?

5-25*52 z5 with the brx reticule i changed the stock to a pse composites 700 gram ultra light stock and have a roedale ultra light moderator to tame the beast,mine prefers the 55 grain vmax moly and they are devastating on foxs or
    any vermin for that matter,can you get the 55 grainers in your'e area?

there on the shelf as far as i know up to 60 grain..this is the dealers number from ballymahon.david mulphevil 0868229827...other dealers are 42euro a box..if u want to spend 100euro the dealer in drumshambo co leitrim he will give you 3 boxs only if you buy in bulk...;) that works out at 33 euro a box

• Advertisement

garv123 wrote: »
    whats the most the credit union will give you cos that first pic would look better if the bed was covered in 50's:D:D:rolleyes:
    i spend too much on the guns to be worried about what the bed looks like :p

ormondprop wrote: »
    Nice collection dax. I'm liking the sound of your girlfriend, any chance we could swap:D
    na shes a keeper lets me go shooting when i want :D
    or is it just she is glad to be rid of me :rolleyes:

Finally after a 2 month wait i came home from college erly this week to pick these up today :)
    Marlin 917vs .17 hmr
    And a 12g Mossberg maverick model 88 pump action.

Happy out for now :D
    already doing a bit of D.I.Y after seen a video on youtube ages ago.

both.jpg?t=1320336415
    close.jpg?t=1320336523

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

garv123 wrote: »
    Finally after a 2 month wait i came home from college erly this week to pick these up today :)
    Marlin 917vs .17 hmr
    And a 12g Mossberg maverick model 88 pump action.

Happy out for now :D
    already doing a bit of D.I.Y after seen a video on youtube ages ago.

both.jpg?t=1320336415
    close.jpg?t=1320336523

Congrats and happy shooting

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭E. Fudd

Got my tikka t3 lite stainless back from Fergal White on Friday. Shortened to 20 inches, threaded and recrowned. New A-tec cmm4 mod, new (to me) zeiss conquest 3.5-10x50, mounted on third eye tactical picatinny rail with Leupold rings.

1321806679419.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16 remi243

Great looking set up efudd:-) fergal does great work!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭lefthooker

Got the barrel on my Savage .22LR shortened from 21" to 16". Also put the Bushnell Elite 3200 Tactical 5-15x40 from the .17HMR on top. Looked a bit strange with the shorter barrel but i really like it now and makes it lighter when shooting off hand.

Before:
    img00349201104082140.jpg
    After:
    img01581n.jpg
    He put an 11 degree target crown on the end too:
    img01571p.jpg

Got a Vortex Viper HS 4-16x50 for the HMR, really really impressed and find the BDC reticle a step up from mildot.
    img01511.jpg
    img01541.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

The addition of this rifle in no way implies that the collection is Finnish'd.
    :D - Epic!
    boreds1.jpg

Sako AV - (Finnbear Deluxe) Safari Model in 338 Win Mag.

boreds2.jpg

For a bit of scale, I have put in, from Left - Right, a 338 Win Mag (225gr Superformance), 7mm Rem Mag, 30-06 Sprng, 270 Win, Superformance Zombie ammo in 223,and the beloved 22lr!

Don't worry lads, ye know who ye are, Santa's putting a few boxes of Zombie ammo aside for the next trip! Although, I'll have to see if you know who is behaving!

The 338 Win Mag did not photograph well, in the above, it actually looks a bit smaller than the 7mm Rem Mag.

The stock is just beautiful and the way I like it - rubbed oil and no clear coat.

My 338 Win Mag has the same speed at 200ya as the 30-06 has at the muzzle!

The mounts are temporary, I still haven't sussed out the ones I want. Also, the scope is off of my lamping rig. Until I can get the glass I want, there she sits.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭clivej

Very nice looking Sako Fisma, I also like the oil finished stock it shows the grain so much better.

Does this mean you have to get another gun safe now :eek: or did you manage to squeeze it in :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Norwayviking

[/QUOTE]

Newest edition to the family.
    Modified Tikka T3 6.5x55 and the old Modified remington SPS V 308 Win.:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Tacticool

Not much to say,,700 in 308,no serious work done,bolt will be relaced soon with OS body and Tubbs innards,all AI bits except for Brugger suppres,factory barrel is perfect for me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

My 'new' rifle, bought last monday, was made in 1898.

It's a nice old thing, though, for those who like older guns.

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

can you stick up a few phots of your rifles tac?

Got a scope and bi-pod for the hmr in the last week. got the scope of moby30 and it arrived yesterday, stuck it on last night and headed out this morning where we spent some time 0'n the .243 with the new mod and the new scope.

The Bi-pod is a knock off harris which is perfect and 1/4 the price. legs spring out with a touch of a button.
    scope is 4-16x50, almost twice as big as what was on it and is a struggle to get it into the safe with the mossy.

hmr and the mossy

barrel chop on the hmr and a mod and a spray paint job on the mossy is next when i rob a bank

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

This isn't the first time this CZ has been pictured on this thread, but this is its current configuration. I added a new tactical bolt knob which just makes the bolt that bit easier to cycle had the job done by Roedale Precision in Germany.

29122011174.jpg

29122011175.jpg

29122011177.jpg

Nice rig mate. What is the tape on the stock behind the bolt for? Did you bring the bolt to germany yourself or did you ship it out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    Nice rig mate. What is the tape on the stock behind the bolt for? Did you bring the bolt to germany yourself or did you ship it out there?

The tape is to hold the pressure switch for the Torch. I posted the bolt handle to Germany.

. I posted the bolt handle to Germany.

Nice looking job. Well ware

• Registered Users Posts: 26 lockey90

As the title says I recently got the left handed cz and inherited the side by side two years ago from my grandad its an unusual thing boot does the jobAttachment not found.

Attachment not found.

Attachment not found.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭kakashka

lefthooker wrote: »
    Got the barrel on my Savage .22LR shortened from 21" to 16". Also put the Bushnell Elite 3200 Tactical 5-15x40 from the .17HMR on top. Looked a bit strange with the shorter barrel but i really like it now and makes it lighter when shooting off hand.
    11 degree target crown on the end too:
    Hello lefthooker,sorry if i missed it somewhere but who did your chop,thread and crown?how is it shooting now?

Advertisement