Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best House Alarm?

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 chamac

altor wrote: »
    No, the standard pir is not designed to work out doors. They have got an outdoor motion detector that will work. Here is a link.
    Thanks Altor, I had seen that one. Its quite pricey so thought that the spare one might work.
    Maybe I will bite the bullet and get it.
    A beam would work here or I could set up a thin "break" wire that would trigger when open circuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

They are very expensive but should work in your case. I would rather cover it with the motion than a thin "break" wire.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭clancyoo7

I was wondering what would it cost for a powermax pro supplied and fitted, I would only need ground floor fitted which would consist of two windows front and back as well as two doors.

clancyoo7 wrote: »
    I was wondering what would it cost for a powermax pro supplied and fitted, I would only need ground floor fitted which would consist of two windows front and back as well as two doors.

Any reason for wanting the pro installed ? I install the complete which would work out cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭clancyoo7

Hi altor, I was looking for a gsm alarm, the house is mid terrace and has not been pre wired for alarm, was hoping for something would notify me when the house is being in the process of broken into, with motion senor in kitchen and landing, as well as a front and back alarm box.

• Advertisement

The complete can have an internal GSM to give you text notification of the alarm activating plus remote access to the alarm. I will send you a PM with a price.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 stepbystep

Reyman wrote: »
    Sounds like I made a good choice - I bought the HKC and am putting it in at the moment. There's a nice layout on the board and as you say the keypad is very good .
    I'm impressed.

One question if you know the answer. How do you wire the tamper part of the internal bell? I can't see any terminals to connect it to.
    I suppose I could wire it in series with the bell box tamper but that doesn't seem good practice

Wiring it in series with the external bell is the way its done, tamper comes from the ext bell through the int bell and into tamper return at the panel, you could also wire the internal bell tamper into a spare zone tamper, if you have 1 spare

Your a bit late with your response :D

hahahahaha shouldnt you be out installing alarms Altor and not playing around on the internet!!!

My work is done for the day, its about time I had a half day ;)

• Advertisement

Yea you deserve it bud, you should be charging for your services on here, youd never need to leave the house :)

Ah no, free advice over the internet is free. Always happy to help if I can..

yea i no, on here to do the same boy! i no who ill be comming to if i get into any trouble tho

More than happy to help if I can ;)

Hi All
    I am trying to set up an X10 system on my Powermax Pro.
    The Visionics website says that the Pro has a built in X10 interface.
    http://www.visonic.com/Products/Wireless-Property-Protection/PowerMaxPro
    With a lot of googlin' I found this interface
    http://www.securitystoreusa.com/VISONIC-X-10-Interface-Module-p/visonic%20psc04.htm
    Its the only one I can find.
    There is some other reference to the PSC04 interface elsewhere on line but the info is scarce.
    Has anyone set up X10 on the Pro?
    If I need an interface, would any one work or would it have to be Visonics?
    Looks like it basically connects the alarm to the mains via RJ11 to transfer the signal
    that is picked up by a receiver elsewhere in the building so should be fairly simple.
    Charlie

chamac wrote: »
    Hi All
    I am trying to set up an X10 system on my Powermax Pro.
    The Visionics website says that the Pro has a built in X10 interface.
    http://www.visonic.com/Products/Wireless-Property-Protection/PowerMaxPro
    With a lot of googlin' I found this interface
    http://www.securitystoreusa.com/VISONIC-X-10-Interface-Module-p/visonic%20psc04.htm
    Its the only one I can find.
    There is some other reference to the PSC04 interface elsewhere on line but the info is scarce.
    Has anyone set up X10 on the Pro?
    If I need an interface, would any one work or would it have to be Visonics?
    Looks like it basically connects the alarm to the mains via RJ11 to transfer the signal
    that is picked up by a receiver elsewhere in the building so should be fairly simple.
    Charlie

Thats correct, you would need the visonic one for the pro panel. You will have to buy it off the supplier you got the panel off as the link you gave is for the American one.

To set it up you just need to go to Installer Mode - 8. Define Outputs - then X-10 Unit Define. At this point you can follow the on screen options and select the house code and device number (according to the receiving unit). You can also get the AUX keyfob buttons to operate the 1st device by going to 4.Define Panel and 17. Aux button A (or 18. Aux button B).

Hi All
    Got a Visonics tower outdoor PIR to cover a roof at the rear of my premises.
    During the Big Freeze it developed a layer of frost on the lens.
    This caused a "Trouble" fault that shows up as Masking.
    I could get away with turning the masking detection feature off
    as the PIR is well inside the roofed area it would be hard to spray it.
    Would frost normally activate masking detection?
    Seems a bit lame for such an expensive PIR
    Charlie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Yes anti masking is a standard feature of grade 3 detectors.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 antonio0001

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have configured the pstn line with the Visonic powermax complete?

I've plugged the cable and configured (I hope) everything in the panel, but I don't see anywhere how to test it.

Do I really need to set off the alarm to get a test call?

Cheers
    Antonio

• Advertisement

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have configured the pstn line with the Visonic powermax complete?

I've plugged the cable and configured (I hope) everything in the panel, but I don't see anywhere how to test it.

Do I really need to set off the alarm to get a test call?

Cheers
    Antonio

Yes, just activate a panic then turn it off. 2 to acknowledge the call and 6 for the two way voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 antonio0001

altor wrote: »
    Yes, just activate a panic then turn it off. 2 to acknowledge the call and 6 for the two way voice.

Many thanks altor!

Tried and it works!

Cheers
    Antonio

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement