Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best House Alarm?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Can anyone tell me if the HKC alarm panel comes with installation instructions? I've not installed one before but the house is prewired and I figure it can't be rocket science...:rolleyes:

Also, on the external bellbox - is it possible to disable the actual bell and just leave the strobe working? How? I wouldn't like to have the neighbours being disturbed in the event of an activation (the sounder inside should make it uncomfortable enough for anyone there) but the visual reminder of the box would be important.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Jnealon wrote:
    If you have a digital to analogue converter that will allow you to plug in your normal phone then it will work. The only thing is it will not have line seizure.

The installer plugged in the sms dialler and connected it to the ATA (digital/Analogue converter) but it didnt seem to work. He also quoted HKC saying it wouldnt work over VOIP.

I'm using blueface. Anybody out there with some success? I'd like to get text messages when activated etc... Even looking at the likes of this http://www.dualtech.se/Dualtech_Product_Gsm.aspx?itemID=2 but will probably be put off by the price.

Thanks

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

madunphy wrote:
    The installer plugged in the sms dialler and connected it to the ATA (digital/Analogue converter) but it didnt seem to work. He also quoted HKC saying it wouldnt work over VOIP.

I'm using blueface. Anybody out there with some success? I'd like to get text messages when activated etc... Even looking at the likes of this http://www.dualtech.se/Dualtech_Product_Gsm.aspx?itemID=2 but will probably be put off by the price.

Thanks

Mike
    I suggest you get an installer who knows what he is talking about I've installed HKC text modems on blueface before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dts

What do you think to the wireless alarms on the market? They seem like a good idea if the house wasnt pre wired when built?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Aritech is about the best..
    There is also their quick bridge reciever which can add wireless to any alarm system

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

I would recommend the new Europlex panels. They use Visonic for their wireless components who very good.
    Google visonic to see for yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Niallsher

I'm living in Wicklow and looking at upgrading an Aztec system to a HKC. I have 11 windows and 3 doors.
    Does anyone know anybody reputable to fit it and what the best price out there is?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I sent you a PM on this.
    If your upgrading Astec then Ttheir new panel Fusion is the way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭The Security ma

Why go with a Europlex system when it uses Visonic sensors????:confused:
    When you can use a visonic system complete.

Signet is riddled with software faults. Believe me. I've been there. And back.
    I've had it with Visonic too, but their way ahead of europlex - hence europlex using their sensors...
    When you waste your money, come back and I'll say 'I told you so'....

I havn't found any problems with the SigNet myself.
    For wireless on any other system the Quick Bridge from Aritech is the best

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

Delboy5 wrote: »
    Recently moved into my new house, its pre-wired for about 6-8 PIR's, can anyone suggest a good alarm system that has a built in GSM dialer as i dont have a phone line in the house, would like the alarm to call\text me whenever it goes off. Dont want to go down the monitored alarm path.........

I would suggest a HKC Alarm, as others have said, it is well worth getting a HKC. GSM text diallers are more expensive than landline text diallers. the ones that call you are more expensive then text diallers. would say €600 if you put in yourself. If you got someone in I would say around €710 ish!. Dont go for anyother system. I think HKC control panels are better then the others. And you can have a tempory code for cleaners ect... And arm some rooms and unarm others too.

Only go for HKC

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

you can have a tempory code for cleaners ect
    Same with the Astec
    arm some rooms and unarm others too.
    I am guessing that you mean bypass some zones when setting the alarm (arm certain areas only). You can do this with Astec too.

Only go for HKC

Why????

IMHO both Astec and HKC alarm systems are very good. Astec has a new panel out now, and it can do even more than the older Astec panels (and more than the HKC).

If properly installed Astec, Aritech, HKC (and many others) can all offer great protection. I would not get too hung up on makes. Different people will suggest different systems depending on what they like. The fact is that if any system is not put in well it can give trouble.

I would take far more care selecting the alarm company than the make of alarm. If the company is good they will select good equipment and stand over it.

If you got someone in I would say around €710 ish
    Do you mean €710 labour or €110 labour + €600 materials??? For what size house with what level of cover?? I guess you mean a prewired house??

Looking for whats best really depends of what features you want & will use.
    At the end of the day HKC & Aritech are now 10 year old technology.
    The Astec fusion followed by Eurplex SigNet are the newest on the market & the ones with the newest features .
    All systems can give you text alerts now.
    All systems can give you multiple codes & tem codes
    All systems can give you the ability to inhibit zones.
    You would not call these features these are all standard across the board.
    Features of Fusion would be Dial in upload/download
    Text alert for exit fault
    4 line keypad display
    4 Quick access keys

Features of Fusion would be Unlimited wireless devices
    IP access over broadband (200 & 300 models)

2011 wrote: »
    Same with the Astec

I am guessing that you mean bypass some zones when setting the alarm (arm certain areas only). You can do this with Astec too.

Why????

IMHO both Astec and HKC alarm systems are very good. Astec has a new panel out now, and it can do even more than the older Astec panels (and more than the HKC).

If properly installed Astec, Aritech, HKC (and many others) can all offer great protection. I would not get too hung up on makes. Different people will suggest different systems depending on what they like. The fact is that if any system is not put in well it can give trouble.

I would take far more care selecting the alarm company than the make of alarm. If the company is good they will select good equipment and stand over it.

Do you mean €710 labour or €110 labour + €600 materials??? For what size house with what level of cover?? I guess you mean a prewired house??

Ok, i can see that you like the astec systems. sorry i meant if you get someone in to do it, it would cost €600. But if its a DIY job, to cost of the system would be around: €390. This would include the following:

1 HKC 8 Zone panel (this includes a keypad (RKP) )
    1 door contact
    5 motion sensors (also known as PIR)
    and 1 shock sensor (also known as a slimline sensor)

remember, different suppliers charge different prices. this is all HKC make btw!!. any questions or problems (like the others have on me) pm me.

Features of Fusion would be Unlimited wireless devices
    IP access over broadband (200 & 300 models)

Correction this should be Features of SigNet:o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

Tim M-U wrote: »
    Ok, i can see that you like the astec systems. sorry i meant if you get someone in to do it, it would cost €600. But if its a DIY job, to cost of the system would be around: €390. This would include the following:

1 HKC 8 Zone panel (this includes a keypad (RKP) )
    1 door contact
    5 motion sensors (also known as PIR)
    and 1 shock sensor (also known as a slimline sensor)

remember, different suppliers charge different prices. this is all HKC make btw!!. any questions or problems (like the others have on me) pm me.

no external bell, no internal bell, what about a back up battery ? how much extra will this cost ?
    sorry, 1 more question.. WHAT IS THE SHOCK SENSOR FOR, THE SLIMLINE ONE.. :confused:

altor wrote: »
    no external bell, no internal bell, what about a back up battery . :confused:
    And no digi. Who is going to hear this alarm if it does go off????
    The corners people cut to save money:eek:

no external bell, no internal bell, what about a back up battery ? how much extra will this cost ?
    sorry, 1 more question.. WHAT IS THE SHOCK SENSOR FOR, THE SLIMLINE ONE.. :confused:

€390 includes the following:

internal ECHO
    enternal SABB
    5motion sensors PIR
    1shock sensor
    1 8 zone panel
    txt digi (this texts you, up to 19 mobile)
    -

the 8 zone panel comes with a keypad. a shock sensor (or a slimline) detecks viberation on walls, windows or doors. this can be used in trophy cabinets ect..

sorry, I should have told you it in detail. my appolagies. lession learned.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

internal ECHO
    enternal SABB
    5motion sensors PIR
    1shock sensor
    1 8 zone panel
    -

the 8 zone panel comes with a keypad. a shock sensor (or a slimline) detecks viberation on walls, windows or doors. this can be used in trophy cabinets ect..

Hi Tim,

Can I ask where you got the stuff?

Hi Tim,

Can I ask where you got the stuff?
    GreenHills limerick! www.grdcctv.ie . I paid €442.20 . for the above

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

GreenHills limerick! www.grdcctv.ie . I paid €442.20 . for the above

I thought it was 390 Euro.

I thought it was 390 Euro.
    that was a wholesaler in dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 jamesbond

hkc or CS250,favor toward hkc

jamesbond wrote: »
    hkc or CS250,favor toward hkc

Both 10 year old technology:eek:

Europlex Astec Fusion or Aritechs new ATS

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

internal ECHO
    enternal SABB
    5motion sensors PIR
    1shock sensor
    1 8 zone panel
    -

your protecting the walls in your house too tim, you dont cut corners when it comes to your house being protected.. :)

your protecting the walls in your house too tim, you dont cut corners when it comes to your house being protected.. :)
    Probobly for his safe room :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 jamesbond

koolkid wrote: »
    Both 10 year old technology:eek:

Europlex Astec Fusion or Aritechs new ATS
    the astec fusion ,this is a new panel is it,the astec is known for all the problems and faults,dont like it,the ATS is a glorified CS250,its in responce to hkc brining out the wirefree stuff,dont think the ats will sell or the fusion,the ATS is out years

Can you tell me what problems have you had with the fusion.
    I was involved in testing & I have used this from the start with no issues to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

Any opinions on the Visonic gear?, is there a source in Ireland for this kit?

• Advertisement

Xennon wrote: »
    Any opinions on the Visonic gear?, is there a source in Ireland for this kit?

http://www.adi-gardiner.ie/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement