Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

A Double Espresso?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Zombienosh wrote: »
    A Double Espresso?

Coffee isn't my thing tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

Caffeine tabs do the job, solid drive and focus.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭baz15

Anyone use Optimum Nutrition Amino Energy, thinking of trying it out

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Paddywiggum

Coffee isn't my thing tbh.

is it just coffee or is it the caffeine in coffee which you dont like?

if you dont mind caffeine then as said above get 200mg caffeine tabs, and try with L-tyrosine 1g-3g.

cheap and effective

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

baz15 wrote: »

It's handy for an energy boost alrite. Wouldn't say it's much of a pre-workout though. I use it in college when I need a pick me up. The orange flavor is very nice.

is it just coffee or is it the caffeine in coffee which you dont like?

if you dont mind caffeine then as said above get 200mg caffeine tabs, and try with L-tyrosine 1g-3g.

cheap and effective

Its just coffee, I hate the taste! I'll look into that, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭The Caveman

Guys, anyone got recommendations for a good pre-workout? Pretty fed up of the BA tingles now, it's making me feel panicy when they come bad.

Driven Sports CRAZE

The End...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

KAZ0077 wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I hope I am not hijacking the thread, but I am training to lose weight and can only train after work 5.30-7pm 3-4 nights a week.
    I am wondering if there would be any "low cal" or reduced cal whey protein I could take after training.
    Currently after the gym I am quite hungry (usually have lunch about 1.30pm) and would like to take a shake after my workout as part of a light meal in the evening and to curb hunger and then have a very small meal at home instead of coming home after the gym and eating rings around myself.....
    Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,

Just get a good unflavoured whey isolate, not a lot of calories in it all and use 2 scoops! it's all i ever use!

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

Guys, anyone got recommendations for a good pre-workout? Pretty fed up of the BA tingles now, it's making me feel panicy when they come bad.

I am using jack3d micro and love it, previously used craze but was way over stimmed for me. Jack3d micro feels a lot more of a fresh and natural energy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭The Caveman

Ok

My preworkout stack, and, go over to Bodybuilding.com, for reviews

When I work out before 11am

I take Craze, with 750 micro-grams Agmatine - Serious Focus and pumps...

When i work out after 6 or 7pm in the evenings, i take

Jack3D Micro, with Hemavol or White Flood with Hemavol - AS i can go sleep at11pm no problem...

either way, both are good,,,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Liam90 wrote: »
    I am using jack3d micro and love it, previously used craze but was way over stimmed for me. Jack3d micro feels a lot more of a fresh and natural energy.

I found with two scoops of Craze, which is enough for me to notice taking it makes me feel ill. Took it back to 1.5 scoops and I don't rate it very high.

What do you think of jack3d micro compared to the old Jack3d ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Got more quest bars today including the new banana nut ones. They do taste like a mashed banana with nut sprinkles

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Kurn

baz15 wrote: »

Yea found it very light, needed to use a good bit to notice a difference, I switched to using it during workout session. Just my opinion, you might find it good.

Has anyone ever used NutriSport 90+ protein that can give me any feedback on it? Cant order my usual stuff online as my card is maxed at the moment and cant pay anything off it till next week so was looking at getting a tub of this stuff to tie me over for a week or 2? Its only 21 quid in "The Health Store", says online its 66% Whey isolate and 33% Casein, that seems alright?

Has anyone ever used NutriSport 90+ protein that can give me any feedback on it? Cant order my usual stuff online as my card is maxed at the moment and cant pay anything off it till next week so was looking at getting a tub of this stuff to tie me over for a week or 2? Its only 21 quid in "The Health Store", says online its 66% Whey isolate and 33% Casein, that seems alright?

Never had it but its reputation is that it tastes awful. Seems okay profile wise but some have questioned its price

Never had it but its reputation is that it tastes awful. Seems okay profile wise but some have questioned its price

Taste is irrelevant, it's going to be swallowed in no time! In what sense is the price being questioned though? in that how can it be as good as they say for so cheap? It is only 908g for 21 quid so you're not even getting a full kg, seems fair enough in that regard?

Taste is irrelevant, it's going to be swallowed in no time! In what sense is the price being questioned though? in that how can it be as good as they say for so cheap? It is only 908g for 21 quid so you're not even getting a full kg, seems fair enough in that regard?

in the sense that at one stage 5kg tubs of whey isolate and casein were the same price as 5kg of unflavoured whey concentrate.

in the sense that at one stage 5kg tubs of whey isolate and casein were the same price as 5kg of unflavoured whey concentrate.

So basically their protein is dirt and what they consider to be isolate could well be concentrate? Surely that's false advertisement then!?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Does anyone know what's the story with the new/updated Myprotein MP points section. I should have about 120 points from my last order, but my account is showing that I have -1844 points, how on Earth does one have minus amount of points?

It also states that "You can use this page to view your MP reward points and convert them in to a credit voucher for us on a future Myprotein order. Your MP reward points can be viewed below and are broken down in to the number of points you have acquired through personal orders and through referrer rewards."

Yet I can't see anywhere how to convert them into a credit voucher (is this a new feature?).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭double GG

Charisteas wrote: »
    Does anyone know what's the story with the new/updated Myprotein MP points section. I should have about 120 points from my last order, but my account is showing that I have -1844 points, how on Earth does one have minus amount of points?

It also states that "You can use this page to view your MP reward points and convert them in to a credit voucher for us on a future Myprotein order. Your MP reward points can be viewed below and are broken down in to the number of points you have acquired through personal orders and through referrer rewards."

Yet I can't see anywhere how to convert them into a credit voucher (is this a new feature?).

You get minus points when you don't lift enough after getting supplements! :pac:

Just kidding but I don't know to be honest, I'd imagine there's a fault somewhere. I would suggest trying to contact them about it but not sure you'll get anywhere with their customer service!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 shaneoreillyo

I have it. Got a 5kg tub for 60 odd quid. Taste isnt too bad. Haven't seen much gains so far.

I have it. Got a 5kg tub for 60 odd quid. Taste isnt too bad. Haven't seen much gains so far.

Protein alone isn't going to give you any gains unless you're on a decent diet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

just wondering has anybody tried mutant mass? im reading mixed reviews online

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

beano345 wrote: »
    just wondering has anybody tried mutant mass? im reading mixed reviews online

Sugary bollox. If you're looking to gain size eat more. Make your own weight gain shakes if you still want to drink your calories. You'll find plenty of recipes online but something alone the lines of

A scoop of protein
    oats
    full fat milk
    two tablespoons of peanut butter
    a banana
    some flax seeds or flax seed oil

would be tasty and good.

Oisín

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

cheers everyone seems to say its sugary crap!

Oisinjm wrote: »
    Sugary bollox. If you're looking to gain size eat more. Make your own weight gain shakes if you still want to drink your calories. You'll find plenty of recipes online but something alone the lines of

A scoop of protein
    oats
    full fat milk
    a banana

would be tasty and good.

Oisín

I presume you're blending that?:pac: Must try that tomorrow minus the flax.

Cheers Oisin

Oisinjm wrote: »

A scoop of protein
    oats
    full fat milk
    a banana

would be tasty and good.

Oisín

^must try this one

for past month ive been having

500ml milk
    30g whey protein
    100g oats
    1 avocado
    handful frozen strawberries (tesco €1.99 500g)
    2 tablespoon diced peach (tesco €1.30 small tub = 10 tablespoons)
    80g peanut butter

blend it up, frozen strawberries make it nice an cold easy to swallow, never had an upset stomach or felt too full.

its about 1500 cals and 80g protein. easy to make and highly recommended!

^must try this one

for past month ive been having

500ml milk
    30g whey protein
    100g oats
    1 avocado
    handful frozen strawberries (tesco €1.99 500g)
    2 tablespoon diced peach (tesco €1.30 small tub = 10 tablespoons)
    80g peanut butter

blend it up, frozen strawberries make it nice an cold easy to swallow, never had an upset stomach or felt too full.

its about 1500 cals and 80g protein. easy to make and highly recommended!

What aisle in tesco are those strawberries?:eek:

• Advertisement

What aisle in tesco are those strawberries?:eek:

near the frozen desserts and ice cream! also frozen summer berries. aldi have frozen raspberries €1.99 for 500g, trying them next time :D

Advertisement