Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Malteaser! wrote: »
    Omg, you got cookies and cream?!? You kept that one quiet!!! :D

It's not the best. Perfectly drinkable with water, but not gonna set your taste buds alight. Could be delish with milk tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Hanley wrote: »
    It's not the best. Perfectly drinkable with water, but not gonna set your taste buds alight. Could be delish with milk tho.

Hey dude, how does the banana cream taste?!

FunkZ wrote: »
    Hey dude, how does the banana cream taste?!

AMAZING!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Black_Venom

I am using the promax whey powder now and iv been going to the gym twice a week for the last two weeks probably start going three times a week. Got just a few questions..

When should i drink the shake and how often?

IS it ok to put it in a blender and add strawberry's and yogurts etc for flavor (any tips here would be good)

You advice would be appreciated :)

Thanks

anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭siochain

anyone?

hey your going to the gym two weeks and your already on supps?

Apologies if I'm getting you wrong but if this is your 4th session I really don't think you need promax yet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I am using the promax whey powder now and iv been going to the gym twice a week for the last two weeks probably start going three times a week. Got just a few questions..

When should i drink the shake and how often?

After a workout. Assuming you've really worked hard.
    IS it ok to put it in a blender and add strawberry's and yogurts etc for flavor (any tips here would be good)

I add water to mine. What flavour did you get?
    How long should i start to see results

It depends how hard you work and how clean your diet is.
    I'm 5"11 and 12 stone, I'm not really toned much, best areas would probably be lower legs and arms, worst areas probably mid section and thighs.

I'm just concentrating on upper body atm in the gym to try and tighten up chest.

What should i be doing with my diet, today i had scrambled eggs and a toasted burger bun??

Scrambled eggs good. Toasted burger bun bad.
    and in the evening i had wheetabix with the red yogurt with bits (cant think of the name ) and some cheerios in it also..

Disaster.

And that's it for the day?

Please read the stickies on nutrition.
    Should i be trying to load up on carbs as much has possable or what because I'm trying to loose some body fat aswell as build some muscle. I also run/walk for 20 min each gym session..

It is near impossible to build muscle while losing fat, so concentrate on one or the other. A proper diet and exercise will help minimise muscle loss while losing fat.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Ordered from myprotein.co.uk, shipped on Tuesday, arrived in my house this afternoon.

Got the following for €100 delivered

-10lb of protein (5lb banana cream, 5lb cookies and cream)
    -2kg waxy maize starch
    -500g glutamine
    -60 multi-vits

Whopper deal tbh. The banana cream's amaaaaaaaaaaazing.

How much do they charge you for shipping to Ireland? As it was 100€ I'm guessing they charged you? Anything over £100 is free in the UK.

After 7 months of vanilla whey from myprotein my taste buds were actually immune to the flavouring. It started to taste neutral..... so I was suprised that the new neutral stuff I got yesterday tastes ....more neutral :pac: .

Anyone any idea of the difference in cals/sugars/sweetners between the flavoured and unflavoured impact whey on myprotein? My browser crashes when I try to open the nutritional pdf on their website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Bossarky, Shipping is a flat rate of £6.99 to ireland. There doesn't appear to be any free shipping option no matter what the order size but at £7 I guess we can't really complain much :)

I couldn't find the nutritional differences between flaoured and unflavoured on the site but looking at my bag of Chocolate Mint Impact whey, it lists the other ingredients as cocoa powder and chocolate flavouring (natural flavouring, sucralose and artificial colouring). If that helps at all.

Chocolate mint is the business btw - didn't care much for vanilla

BossArky wrote: »
    How much do they charge you for shipping to Ireland? As it was 100€ I'm guessing they charged you? Anything over £100 is free in the UK.

After 7 months of vanilla whey from myprotein my taste buds were actually immune to the flavouring. It started to taste neutral..... so I was suprised that the new neutral stuff I got yesterday tastes ....more neutral :pac: .

Anyone any idea of the difference in cals/sugars/sweetners between the flavoured and unflavoured impact whey on myprotein? My browser crashes when I try to open the nutritional pdf on their website.

£6.99 up of 26kg worth of stuff I believe.

This is the whey I got; http://www.myprotein.co.uk/mp-max/protein-supplements/true-whey-(5lb)/

About 78% whey per serving, carbs and fat <2g each.

Use MP125520 to get 5% off ;)

You can buy bags of flavouring off myprotein which are meant to be awesome. Could add those to your unflavoured stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

do they do a decent mass gainer type product, cant find any, or does anyone recommend one. not getting in as much calories lately to keep the weight increase going, my appetite disappears after 6 o'clock.

• Advertisement

bigstar wrote: »
    do they do a decent mass gainer type product, cant find any, or does anyone recommend one. not getting in as much calories lately to keep the weight increase going, my appetite disappears after 6 o'clock.

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/mp-max/weight-gain/weight-gainer-(6lb)/

can't speak as to the quality of it tho.

cheers, you mean quality taste wise or is there more to it. ive been looking at this too http://www.pronutrition.ie/products.php?action=product&id=30 pricewise its similar per kg and they seem to have a good rep.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

cheers, you mean quality taste wise or is there more to it. ive been looking at this too http://www.pronutrition.ie/products.php?action=product&id=30 pricewise its similar per kg and they seem to have a good rep.

Was thinking of the same!

eroo wrote: »
    Was thinking of the same!

might as well give it go so. that place is only down the road from me. ill get some later.

might as well give it go so. that place is only down the road from me. ill get some later.

Ya there is a place close to me as well.. might scope it out.

Has anyone experienced any stomach/digestive problems with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Black_Venom

Khannie wrote: »
    After a workout. Assuming you've really worked hard.

I add water to mine. What flavour did you get?

It depends how hard you work and how clean your diet is.

Scrambled eggs good. Toasted burger bun bad.

Disaster.

And that's it for the day?

Please read the stickies on nutrition.

It is near impossible to build muscle while losing fat, so concentrate on one or the other. A proper diet and exercise will help minimise muscle loss while losing fat.

Ok thanks for the reply :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

I found the following on the myprotein site:

Impact Whey Protein (Unflavoured) - Undenatured
    Nutritional Information (per 30g):
    • Energy 118.0cal
    • Energy 497.0kJ
    • Protein (dry basis) 24.6g
    • Protein (as-is) 23.6g
    • Fat 2.1g
    • Carbohydrates 1.8g

Impact Blend - was Whey Blend (Flavoured
    Nutritional Information (per 50g):
    • Energy 196.0cal
    • Protein (as-is) 38.8g
    • Fat 3.5g
    • Carbohydrates 3.0g

If you factor them out for equal serving size of 30g the cals, fat, protein, etc are all the same.

Surely this cannot be true though as there must be extra sugar in the flavoured version?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Flavours would come in sweetners i would imagine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Pro-Nutrition

Hey Bigstar, have you been into the shop yet? If not dont forget to mention boards when you go in..

Hey Bigstar, have you been into the shop yet? If not dont forget to mention boards when you go in..

hey, yeah i went in on friday, got some massx vanilla flavour. i was talking to the other guy about boards, he said he wouldnt have the patience for all the typing, haha he doesnt know what hes missing, got a free shaker too. good little shop you have, im sure ill be down again at some point.

if eroo is still wondering, i find it grand, no stomach bother at all, tastes good too.

• Advertisement

hey, yeah i went in on friday, got some massx vanilla flavour. i was talking to the other guy about boards, he said he wouldnt have the patience for all the typing, haha he doesnt know what hes missing, got a free shaker too. good little shop you have, im sure ill be down again at some point.

if eroo is still wondering, i find it grand, no stomach bother at all, tastes good too.

Good stuff, not a bad little store we have, we are trying our best. Tom typing, you must be joking. He is getting ready for the world championships next month so he is like a crazy man at the mo.

Do pop in again, keep in mind if you cant get in order online and well get it out to you free of charge. See ya soon :D

Excellent stuff.. will pick it up soon!

eroo wrote: »
    Excellent stuff.. will pick it up soon!

Hey Eroo, did you have a problem with the MassX? Listen if you are looking for a good weight gainer, apart from the MassX I would recomend that you have a look at the Serious Mass from Optimum. Per serving your talking 1250 calories, 250 carbs and 50 protein. Just taught I would mention it incase you are looking to change..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

WTF is up myprotein.co.uk registration page, ****ing post code error keeps coming up. FFS!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    WTF is up myprotein.co.uk registration page, ****ing post code error keeps coming up. FFS!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:
    000 000

Feel free to use my super duper referers code - MP15276;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

000 000

Feel free to use my super duper referers code - MP15276;)

Done & Done, thanks.

Kinetic^ wrote: »

It's soooooooooooo fcuking annoying isn't it??? 000 0000 does the job alright.

Bossarky, Shipping is a flat rate of £6.99 to ireland. There doesn't appear to be any free shipping option no matter what the order size but at £7 I guess we can't really complain much :)

I couldn't find the nutritional differences between flaoured and unflavoured on the site but looking at my bag of Chocolate Mint Impact whey, it lists the other ingredients as cocoa powder and chocolate flavouring (natural flavouring, sucralose and artificial colouring). If that helps at all.

Chocolate mint is the business btw - didn't care much for vanilla

Thanks eclectichoney. I probably should have said that I live in London. It is free delivery for me (for any order over £100). Was just wondering what they are charging you lot :D
    You can buy bags of flavouring off myprotein which are meant to be awesome. Could add those to your unflavoured stuff.

Yeah that is what I should have done 7 months ago. I accidently got the tubs with flavouring mixed in, instead of separate bags of flavoring for the neutral tubs. Don't make the same mistake! :eek:

Hey guys,

I'm hoping you'll be able to help me out. I read the first and last few pages of this thread and checked out the web-sites I found but am getting very confused with the amount of different products on the market.

Up until now I have been stockpiling my supplements from Holland & Barrett when they have a 50% off offer but am ready to try a different source. I haven't been in hardcore training before but am preparing to take things a lot more seriously over the next year now that I have finished up university (and am unemployed :) ).

I have no trouble consuming carbs (I'm 92kg with more blubber then I'd like) so am looking for a high protein, low carb, low fat supplement in chocolate (or would like to try mint choc). I want to buy a large bulk amount at once. Money is tight so value for money is a high priority. Perhaps there is basic product that would suit me and these more 'high-tech' proteins might be of better use when I am further into my training? I prefer to add creatine separately.

For further bulk savings, my bro wants to buy in bulk a high protein supplement with carbs (He's a 76 kg rugby winger looking to add lean muscle over the summer).

Any response would be great. With the variety of different types of protein I can't get my head around a proper price comparison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

for good protein id reccomend either www.myprotein.co.uk or optimum nutrition. the myprotein stuff is very good value for money and they offer a range of flavours

Advertisement