Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

Were both library and 24 hour study space full at the time? If not, why is this a problem?

I only got into the 24 hour room at half 9, I went home for dinner first. Was full up until then.

Exam on Saturday, and I'm starting to wonder if I've done enough at this stage for it. Sure we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

^^ I hear that! Should be okay for tomorrow's exam (it has a lot to it, but it's interesting so I can at least remember it reasonably easily!) but then another 7 exams in the subsequent 12 days. And third year is worth half my degree. Waaaaah!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Did 3 quasi-all-nighters this week. Paid off for my first two exams but caught up with me today. Oh god, the fuzz on my brain. That pharmacology exam was a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭folamh

Eurgh! Forgot my library card. I live 30 minutes away. Is there anything I can do about this without having to go home?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

folamh wrote: »
    Eurgh! Forgot my library card. I live 30 minutes away. Is there anything I can do about this without having to go home?

This might be too late for you now, but you could try asking at the Duty Librarian's desk...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

This might be too late for you now, but you could try asking at the Duty Librarian's desk...

Admissions counter in the entrance of the Berkeley will give you a day ticket for €2. Open 10 until 4 Mon-Fri (9:30-12:45 on Saturday).

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭folamh

Thanks, I got a day ticket :)

blubloblu wrote: »
    Admissions counter in the entrance of the Berkeley will give you a day ticket for €2. Open 10 until 4 Mon-Fri (9:30-12:45 on Saturday).

Actually I think that's where I was talking about! There is a sign near there that tells you when the Duty Librarian is free, so I just assumed that was their counter :o

Done studying. Pens, notes, calculator, bottle of water, student card - all packed and prepared for the morning. Bike tyres pumped up.

I wish I was as organised as I was for the start of the exams as I was for the actual exams.

And as an aside, just because that's what's in my head right now:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Lisandro

folamh wrote: »
    Thanks, I got a day ticket :)

Damn, I was going to suggest you say, "I lost my library card in here earlier, do you mind if I go in and check if it's around?" If the attendant is in any way sound, you get in without paying any money...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Or you could just casually walk by while flashing a train ticket. Don't know how many times I accidentally took out my train ticket rather than student card. They never seem to notice/care in the Hamilton.

Tried to study today after work - failed, bah.

Apathy: of all times, why now?!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Ineedaflash

The next 36 hours are going to be torturous and it isn't even my last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭RedFFWolf

Apathy: of all times, why now?!!!!

At least you're not apathetic to your apathy? :o
    Or does that just make it worse for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

No Diablo 3 in college, have to tether to my phone....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Not a rant, just an observation that on the USI website, their lovely graphics are telling me that voting is open until the 21th of May.

Jammyc wrote: »
    Not a rant, just an observation that on the USI website, their lovely graphics are telling me that voting is open until the 21th of May.

On a similar note I read this and did a double take:

http://www.thejournal.ie/students-to-hold-nationwide-online-vote-to-decide-fees-policy-450584-May2012/

Students are being asked to give up their college specific usernames and passwords to a third party, with the FAQ where I assume the privacy/data protection policy should be looking embarrassingly quiet: http://www.usivote.com/site/view/28/ - interesting.

Not to mention that this is the first I've heard of this as a postgraduate student. Stellar GSU communication yet again.

Dónal wrote: »

http://www.thejournal.ie/students-to-hold-nationwide-online-vote-to-decide-fees-policy-450584-May2012/

Students are being asked to give up their college specific usernames and passwords to a third party, with the FAQ where I assume the privacy/data protection policy should be looking embarrassingly quiet: http://www.usivote.com/site/view/28/ - interesting.

Not to mention that this is the first I've heard of this as a postgraduate student. Stellar GSU communication yet again.

I think it's a federated authentication process. Seen as they said it's being run with HEAnet's help, I'd reckon it's this: http://www.edugate.ie/

• Advertisement

I think it's a federated authentication process. Seen as they said it's being run with HEAnet's help, I'd reckon it's this: http://www.edugate.ie/

I have no doubt it's all above board but there's nothing to indicate to me on the USI website that it is. Which there should be. I'm picky like that.

I have no doubt it's all above board but there's nothing to indicate to me on the USI website that it is. Which there should be. I'm picky like that.

aaaand, it's not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

GSU really is a shambles. No mention in this week's email that this vote is going on, just adverts for a table quiz and the postgrad ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Why oh why am I excellent at Maths at all times barring the 2-3 hours set for Maths exams. At least it's not relevant in any way to do my degree.

This week's SU email said
    When voting, you'll be prompted to enter your college username and password. This is to ensure that no student can vote twice. This system is secured by HEAnet and has been approved by the President of the SU.
    I like how they think we'll all go "Ah, ok, sure Bartlett says it's grand" :P

This week's SU email said I like how they think we'll all go "Ah, ok, sure Bartlett says it's grand" :P

Cheers. The SU e-mail only going to undergrads@tcd.ie as the GSU have access to postgrads@tcd.ie, so the GSU don't send anything that the SU are promoting/doing unless it involves the SU shop.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,307 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Good and reliable colleagues are leaving. :(

Exam on Saturday, and I'm starting to wonder if I've done enough at this stage for it. Sure we'll see.

Every time...

One more exam, on Monday. The exam previous to this one was two weeks ago. SO BORED OF THIS SUBJECT. No motivation to keep going for the last two days of studying...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,307 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Motivation and procrastination...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement